Neiman Marcus

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in August 2013.

Interview Details After spending hours filling out the application on-line ( I was literally booted off 5 times after completing the entire application and had to start over each time!) I was called a few days later to set up an interview by phone. interviewer called 10 minutes past arranged time, but he was pleasant. I was asked quite a few questions and at the end was told that the interview went well and he was going to go ahead with a background and credit check.

I asked the interviewer if he had read my cover letter, which included the fact that my credit was marred due to an illness (and associated costs) a few years ago. He admitted that he had not and said that if it was up to him he would hire me right away, but that a credit and background check had to be done according to company policy. He said if I didn't pass their criteria regarding the credit check (over a certain amount of unpaid debt, I forget how much) then I would receive a letter in the mail. I told him to go ahead with it, despite my reservations.

A few days later I checked on their website and saw that I had "failed their background screening". Considering I do not have a criminal history, I am assuming this meant their credit check. By law, employers have to notify a job applicant if credit was the reason for their not being considered for a job...but so far no letter in the mail.

Interview Question – Describe a time when a customer was upset about something and you went above and beyond to help them.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in June 2012.

Interview Details had an initial phone interview and then a in-person interview. Fairly easy process there always desperate for people

Interview Question – There where any difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base salary with an increase yearly

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2009.

Interview Details The interviews were broken into two parts; part one was an introductory interview with the Assistant Human Resources Manager and part two was with the Operations Manager and Assistant Manager for the Customer Service Department. It was very basic and straightforward questions about my customer service skills and experience in retail.

Interview Question – What are you looking for in a company?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Neiman Marcus

Worked for Neiman Marcus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Neiman Marcus Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Neiman Marcus employees and interview candidates.