Neiman Marcus

Updated 15 Jan 2015
Updated 15 Jan 2015

2.6

Loss Prevention Investigator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Hiring process was great, very communicative and proactive on what steps I needed to take next. Atlanta Management was probably one of the best that I have ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions where average nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate but should have because work load was a little massive and not

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I applied online they scheduled me for an phone interview that last for about 15 mins it was basic questions. I went in and met with a manager who asked me about 15 mins worth a questions and then basically had me demonstrate how I would sell something in her department. She told me I basically had the job and she would call me in a few days. But they never called it was a waste of time.

Executive Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Not super hard. Interviews are conversational. Mostly looking for fit with firm. Great people. Group project wasn't hard but can be derailed by controlling teammate. Enthusiasm and love for Dallas is what they strive for. The employees are the most passionate people I've ever met for a job. Final round process is great.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

First you meet with the Human Resource manager to determine if you are a good fit for the company then you meet with the department manager and the merchandise manager. They can ask very specific question to see if you can do the job and also want to know if you have experience or a good clientele base.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in November 2014.

I applied and then received a email and then call regarding completing a 12 page personality test. Once the test was finished they set up a 1 on 1 email at the store location.

The interview with HR was directed mostly about the contents of my resume and verifying that i had worked at these places. She double-checked the dates with me and asked me straight forwards questions.

After the HR interview I met with the manager of the department who asked me logistic questions about schedule and training. Much more friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most rewarding experience in customer service.   View Answer

I was told i would be receiving 10% commission but during the interview they said 3% so i declined.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

I had 3 interviews total- 1 with HR, 1 with the DM and the sales associate and 1 with the Director. Very straightforward interview questions, no nonsense questions like remember a time..... or how did you......

No negotiation

Senior Vice President, Direct/Online Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Too dated to be helpful. Asked basic questions, just wanted to see if you got retail and basic management expertise of your presumed job function. THen dragged out money part of offer and made big deal over token improvements.

Hard, th y low-balled and the. Promised to make it up with annual reviews. Then lucky if you got 2% even with very good year.

Visual Trimmer Interview

they don't respond if you did not make it for an interview. they only respond if you did. In my opinion it seems very difficult to get hired as a buyer there, you have to go to their HQ for the training and then work your way up. I have 2 degrees, one in merchandising and 1 in business and retail experience but I have not received word yet.

Public Relations Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus in October 2014.

The process about 2 weeks from the time of my online application until my phone interview was scheduled. I was contacted by the recruiter and did an initial phone screening. Was then advised that my resume would be sent to the hiring manager and from there, it would be decided if i would move on to get a phone interview with them. I received a call back advising of the date and time of my phone interview with the hiring manager. On the day of the interview, I prepared and waited for the call (which was supposed to be at 1:00 pm). I never received a call from the interviewer. I contacted the recruited and advised her after waiting about 10 minutes. She stated that the interviewer stated that she had called me when in fact that was not the case. I had provided a land line number to prevent such an issue and to insure that the call would come through because we know how cell phones can be. Once she tells me that the interviewer said that she called me, i checked the phone for any missed calls on our caller ID and there were none (I didn't actually need to check because i was sitting by the phone). Anyway, she advised that the interviewer stated that she would reschedule my interview if she had time. I didn't even expect a callback because had she called me back, it would somehow be an admission that they messed up and didn't call me at the time that they originally scheduled. Unorganized interview process and no regard for the time of the applicants/candidates.

Beauty Adviser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Applied online, I got an interview within a week. Had two separate interviews,one with HR, and an other one with cosmetics manager, the interview went smoothly, they all really nice, no pressure at all, a week later had an other phone interview with product representive, I am still waiting for them to call...its been a week now....