Neiman Marcus Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jul 2015

2.6

Studio Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Very casual, easy going and friendly. Overall not intimidating. May take a while to land interview but hiring process is quick once interviewed. Ask questions about retail experience, interest in film, ability to work under pressure, etc. Must be willing to work hard and multi-task. Personal selling is also an aspect of position so must have selling skills to offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the Los Angeles entertainment industry? Are you passionate about film?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

Interview was pretty simple and straight-forward for a retail postilion. I interviewed with the department manager first and then with HR afterward. The hardest thing for me was deciding what to wear. NM has a reputation and i wanted to make a good impression. That should have been the least of my worries!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Hands down one of the best interviews I've ever had. I interviewed with 3 different people, and they were all incredibly nice. It didn't feel much like an interview which I enjoyed. No hard questions. I would do it all over again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

On campus recruiting and always lots of candidates. There is a 2 day assessment at HQ with interviews in both an individual and a group setting. A retail math test is required.

Interview Questions

• Group project to test thought process.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Charlotte, NC (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Was called by HR asst. setup in person interview was kind of rushy about setting up interview...but quick process BUT I called 2 weeks prior to him setting up interview they do walk-ins M-Th So under that situation NOT so quick HR never returned my call HR asst did. Nothing really the HR assistant in the Charlotte location (fatty man) was uninterested when i walked in. He lied about the position tells me I a better fit for support(warehouse) because I would not be a good sales but I applied for a intern which required a college degree ...he was unprofessional rude and SUPER fat. He never asked any questions just rambled about NM like it was the best job in the world. And described the customers as rude clearly he doesn't like his job

Customer Care Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

I received a phone call a few days after I applied. I spoke with someone in Human Resources, after a complete background check, I was offered the position of customer care representative.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Face to face with supervisor. If supervisor like you then you meet the manager. Second interview meet director. Director gives you an aptitude test on retail math etc. Human resources does a background check, credit history. Since this is a financial job a poor credit history will disqualify you for the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Neiman Marcus.

Interview

3 different interviews with various members of senior management and HR. Asked typical interview questions. Seemed rushed as if they had something else to get to. .

Interview Questions

• What is something you did at previous place of work to stand out as an employee?   Answer Question

Assistant Site Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Irving, TX (US)).

Interview

Called me in for an interview. First interview went okay, the next few went really well. Nothing difficult just asked about my experience and what was on my resume. It went on for about 3 days. They immediately called me for an offer.

Receiving Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittston, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Neiman Marcus (Pittston, PA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The HR supervisor that conducted the phone interview was very helpful and well-informed. The manager that conducted the in-person interview was very kind, but stuck to the book when asking questions. The interview was short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a situation in the past when you had to handle a conflict at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.