Nestlé Interview Questions

Updated 19 Apr 2015

Manufacturing Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé (York, England).

Interview

The application process is long and thorough. I really appreciated that, following the major stages, I received prompt feedback or guidelines for the following stages, helping me to develop and improve. Even though the process is very competitive, the environment is very chilled, as they try to put you at ease.

Intern Interview

Interview

I did an Online application with several questions, the next stage was numerical reasoning test and situation test, you would be given feedback on this quite quickly followed by a strength based video interview. The process for the online application to the interview just took two weeks

Human Resources Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé (York, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward recruitment process - online application, followed by a online tests, video interview and assessment centre. The video interviews are not particularly common with graduate programmes so naturally not my favourite to complete. However, this one was a very short (3-4 questions I think) strengths based interview with a technical question regarding HR at the end. My advice is to make use of all the time you're given and add something in the last minute provided for additional info, even if it is just a Thank you for considering my application.

The assessment centre was at York and Nestle pays for you to stay at a hotel the night before if you are coming from far, which was the case with me and pretty much everyone else at that assessment centre. The day started with an introduction session and a short game where we were split in groups with other graduates and assessors from Nestle and asked to talk about our proudest achievement from the past year. It was more of a exercise to get you started with the day but still worth saying something that would stand out rather than just where you got your degree from.
    Next I had the group exercise which wasnt much different that what I've done at other assessment centres - reach a solution on a given topic for the given time and then present it to the assessors in the room. Tip: make sure you keep and eye on the time as there are not watches in the room and the assessors dont warn you how much you have left.
    The written exercise was a business case about a new product launch that had nothing to do with HR. We had an hour to read through about 10 pages and answer 3 questions. I think some questions were just there so they can see if you managed to understand everything you read, whilst other required really lengthy and descriptive answers. I could have done with extra 15 minutes to write proper answers on everything.
    You were required to do some prework for the presentation but I didnt really see how it was relevant as all the information I think we needed was given to us on the day. After the presentation I was asked questions I thought were a bit too specific.
    The interview was about an hour long and strengths based again. This was the easiest part of the assessment centre for me as the woman that interviewed me was really nice and engaging.

Overall everyone was very friendly throughout the whole day. Between the lunch and the Q&A session organised, there was plenty of time to ask questions and get to know some of the people who are already doing the grad scheme.

I didnt get the job at the end but they did provided me with extensive feedback on my performance. What I found interesting is that they consider not only strengths and weaknesses you've displayed but also learned behaviour - as in you learned how to handle yourself in certain situations (e.g. a group task at an assessment centre) rather than to act naturally.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate people?
      How do you deal with challenges and setbacks?
      Would you be comfortable if you had to read a report on the market trends in the industry?
      What would you do if you were offered the job at Nestle and at another company at the same time?
      What other companies have you applied for?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?

Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé in January 2015.

Interview

I firstly applied online (Nestlé use Jobmi), answering questions about what I think about myself and how I get on with people. Nestlé are very much about finding friendly, enthusiastic people to join their company, so make sure you sell yourself! Then there was a Situational Strengths Test and a Numerical Reasoning Test. The NRT was one of the easier tests I took, there was no time limit so it keeps you calm. The SST is quite long, but does give you a good idea about what you would be doing at the company, and shows if you are a good fit for Nestlé. Then there was the video interview. The video interview is more strengths-based, so looking for you to show your skills. There were also a couple of more technical questions, such as about how a competitor has coped in the current climate. After that was the Assessment Day. This was the loveliest part of the process. I think it would be difficult to find a more relaxed, inspiring and enjoyable AC. Everyone was extremely friendly (both assessors and candidates). There was a nice warm up activity getting to know everyone, and then the main day was group exercise, written exercise, interview (2:1) and then a presentation. The group exercise was quite standard, having to choose strengths. The written exercise was just analysing some data, but again this wasn't difficult, I coped well without having a Business or Marketing degree. The interview was an hour long, but was really just about getting to know you as a person and went very quickly. The presentation was sent to me about 5 days before, so there was plenty of time to prepare, and the questions were really just about the Marketing function of Nestlé. I then got a phone call 24hrs later telling me I had got the internship!

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would help achieve Nestlé's core principles?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé.

Interview

the first round interview is carried out through the video rather than telephone or face-to-face. The whole process is good and all you need to do is fully prepared and relax, use the S T A R structure to explain your story and experience and be concise.

Interview Questions

• what is the impact on nestle based on the current economy   Answer Question

TPM Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé (London, England) in March 2014.

Interview

after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.

Intern Interview

Interview

First had to fill out the application form with details and a couple of questions. I waited a few months then told I had got through to an online numerical test which I wasn't really expecting but it was a little easier than ones I had done previously, although a very strict time limit. The there was a telephone interview, which they said would be strengths-based like the ones used by Ernst & Young. The interviewer phoned right on the dot of the agreed time, and was friendly however I thought lots of the "strengths" questions resembled traditional competency questions more than the example strength questions I had read. At the end she asked questions about the company, I think she asked two.

They said they would tell me results by the end of the week however never got back to me, even after I emailed.

Interview Questions

• In the current economic climate, what does a company such as Nestle have to do in order to expand?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé in February 2013.

Interview

Application form, then a series of online tests, then telephone interview. Did not get further, and took a long time to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Give me a brand which is not nestle, and how have they performed in the financial recession.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nestlé (York, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Having applied online by completing competency questions and other general info, as well as uploading my cv, I was asked to complete an online assessment. This was testing mathematical, verbal and diagramatical reasoning.

I was then offered a phone interview that lasted approx 30 minutes, this was again asking competency questions, as well as asking why I wanted to work for the company and what I could bring to the role.

Having completed the phone interview I was offered an assessment day. This involved completing a written task, a group activity, a presentation and an interview.

Following the assessment day, I was invited back to interview with the head uk engineer, in charge of graduates.

I was then offered the job over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were unsuccessful at a goal and how did you react to failure?   Answer Question

I had a better offer elsewhere

Graduate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé (York, England) in January 2013.

Interview

Online application form with 2 questions followed by online reasoning tests. Phone interview with external company - questions about motivation and a few "strengths based questions" e.g. how do you learn new information. 2 questions on marketing - name a brand that is NOT nestle, how did they do during the financial crisis. name 2 nestle products that you think have good/strong marketing and why.
    followed by assessment centre in York. 4 parts - written case study about marketing a new product based on some graphs and market data (50 mins). group exercise with 3 others about a situation when you had to let some clients down and keep some happy, you have to make the decision. a case study presentation where you are given an a4 sheet of data about a nestle product and you need to do a 15 minute presentation followed by questions about how to improve/market the brand. extreme time pressure in the preparation. finally a 2-on-1 strengths/competency/motivation interview to finish the day. I did well on the exercises but failed some areas in the interview so was called back for a final interview 2-on-1 again but also failed this one. vague/weak answers and not enough proof of motivation for marketing coming from a biology background.