Nestlé

Nestlé Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jan 2015
Updated 16 Jan 2015

Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé in January 2015.

I firstly applied online (Nestlé use Jobmi), answering questions about what I think about myself and how I get on with people. Nestlé are very much about finding friendly, enthusiastic people to join their company, so make sure you sell yourself! Then there was a Situational Strengths Test and a Numerical Reasoning Test. The NRT was one of the easier tests I took, there was no time limit so it keeps you calm. The SST is quite long, but does give you a good idea about what you would be doing at the company, and shows if you are a good fit for Nestlé. Then there was the video interview. The video interview is more strengths-based, so looking for you to show your skills. There were also a couple of more technical questions, such as about how a competitor has coped in the current climate. After that was the Assessment Day. This was the loveliest part of the process. I think it would be difficult to find a more relaxed, inspiring and enjoyable AC. Everyone was extremely friendly (both assessors and candidates). There was a nice warm up activity getting to know everyone, and then the main day was group exercise, written exercise, interview (2:1) and then a presentation. The group exercise was quite standard, having to choose strengths. The written exercise was just analysing some data, but again this wasn't difficult, I coped well without having a Business or Marketing degree. The interview was an hour long, but was really just about getting to know you as a person and went very quickly. The presentation was sent to me about 5 days before, so there was plenty of time to prepare, and the questions were really just about the Marketing function of Nestlé. I then got a phone call 24hrs later telling me I had got the internship!

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you would help achieve Nestlé's core principles?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé.

the first round interview is carried out through the video rather than telephone or face-to-face. The whole process is good and all you need to do is fully prepared and relax, use the S T A R structure to explain your story and experience and be concise.

Interview Questions
    • what is the impact on nestle based on the current economy   Answer Question

TPM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nestlé in March 2014.

after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.

Intern Interview

First had to fill out the application form with details and a couple of questions. I waited a few months then told I had got through to an online numerical test which I wasn't really expecting but it was a little easier than ones I had done previously, although a very strict time limit. The there was a telephone interview, which they said would be strengths-based like the ones used by Ernst & Young. The interviewer phoned right on the dot of the agreed time, and was friendly however I thought lots of the "strengths" questions resembled traditional competency questions more than the example strength questions I had read. At the end she asked questions about the company, I think she asked two.

They said they would tell me results by the end of the week however never got back to me, even after I emailed.

Interview Questions
    • In the current economic climate, what does a company such as Nestle have to do in order to expand?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé in February 2013.

Application form, then a series of online tests, then telephone interview. Did not get further, and took a long time to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a brand which is not nestle, and how have they performed in the financial recession.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Having applied online by completing competency questions and other general info, as well as uploading my cv, I was asked to complete an online assessment. This was testing mathematical, verbal and diagramatical reasoning.

I was then offered a phone interview that lasted approx 30 minutes, this was again asking competency questions, as well as asking why I wanted to work for the company and what I could bring to the role.

Having completed the phone interview I was offered an assessment day. This involved completing a written task, a group activity, a presentation and an interview.

Following the assessment day, I was invited back to interview with the head uk engineer, in charge of graduates.

I was then offered the job over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were unsuccessful at a goal and how did you react to failure?   Answer Question

I had a better offer elsewhere

Graduate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Online application form with 2 questions followed by online reasoning tests. Phone interview with external company - questions about motivation and a few "strengths based questions" e.g. how do you learn new information. 2 questions on marketing - name a brand that is NOT nestle, how did they do during the financial crisis. name 2 nestle products that you think have good/strong marketing and why.
    followed by assessment centre in York. 4 parts - written case study about marketing a new product based on some graphs and market data (50 mins). group exercise with 3 others about a situation when you had to let some clients down and keep some happy, you have to make the decision. a case study presentation where you are given an a4 sheet of data about a nestle product and you need to do a 15 minute presentation followed by questions about how to improve/market the brand. extreme time pressure in the preparation. finally a 2-on-1 strengths/competency/motivation interview to finish the day. I did well on the exercises but failed some areas in the interview so was called back for a final interview 2-on-1 again but also failed this one. vague/weak answers and not enough proof of motivation for marketing coming from a biology background.

Engineer Graduate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé in January 2012.

Applied online, numerical reasoning test, situational judgement, verbal reasoning, diagrammatic aptitude, video interview, assessment centre

Assessment centre involved writing a report, then a group activity following a presentation to explain group findings, then a panel interview, then finally an individual presentation

The final stage is an interview

Production Supervisor Interview

Technical knowledge with series of interview in different department, plant tour interview from co supervisor manager director and hr manager and director. Exact fit is needed so meticulous interviews are set, drug test and allergen test are standard

Hard to negotiate

Sales and Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé.

First i have an online application, then i received a phone interview. Then assessment center arranged the group interview. It inludes partner introduction, case analysis. The last part is the 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • Who do you think had the worst performance in today's interview?   Answer Question