Nestlé Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nestlé.

the first round interview is carried out through the video rather than telephone or face-to-face. The whole process is good and all you need to do is fully prepared and relax, use the S T A R structure to explain your story and experience and be concise.

Interview Questions
    • what is the impact on nestle based on the current economy   Answer Question

TPM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Nestlé in March 2014.

after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.

Intern Interview

First had to fill out the application form with details and a couple of questions. I waited a few months then told I had got through to an online numerical test which I wasn't really expecting but it was a little easier than ones I had done previously, although a very strict time limit. The there was a telephone interview, which they said would be strengths-based like the ones used by Ernst & Young. The interviewer phoned right on the dot of the agreed time, and was friendly however I thought lots of the "strengths" questions resembled traditional competency questions more than the example strength questions I had read. At the end she asked questions about the company, I think she asked two.

They said they would tell me results by the end of the week however never got back to me, even after I emailed.

Interview Questions
    • In the current economic climate, what does a company such as Nestle have to do in order to expand?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  York, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Having applied online by completing competency questions and other general info, as well as uploading my cv, I was asked to complete an online assessment. This was testing mathematical, verbal and diagramatical reasoning.

I was then offered a phone interview that lasted approx 30 minutes, this was again asking competency questions, as well as asking why I wanted to work for the company and what I could bring to the role.

Having completed the phone interview I was offered an assessment day. This involved completing a written task, a group activity, a presentation and an interview.

Following the assessment day, I was invited back to interview with the head uk engineer, in charge of graduates.

I was then offered the job over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were unsuccessful at a goal and how did you react to failure?   Answer Question

I had a better offer elsewhere

Marketing Assistant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nestlé in February 2013.

Application form, then a series of online tests, then telephone interview. Did not get further, and took a long time to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a brand which is not nestle, and how have they performed in the financial recession.   Answer Question

Graduate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  York, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Online application form with 2 questions followed by online reasoning tests. Phone interview with external company - questions about motivation and a few "strengths based questions" e.g. how do you learn new information. 2 questions on marketing - name a brand that is NOT nestle, how did they do during the financial crisis. name 2 nestle products that you think have good/strong marketing and why.
    followed by assessment centre in York. 4 parts - written case study about marketing a new product based on some graphs and market data (50 mins). group exercise with 3 others about a situation when you had to let some clients down and keep some happy, you have to make the decision. a case study presentation where you are given an a4 sheet of data about a nestle product and you need to do a 15 minute presentation followed by questions about how to improve/market the brand. extreme time pressure in the preparation. finally a 2-on-1 strengths/competency/motivation interview to finish the day. I did well on the exercises but failed some areas in the interview so was called back for a final interview 2-on-1 again but also failed this one. vague/weak answers and not enough proof of motivation for marketing coming from a biology background.

Human Resources Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Nestlé in October 2013.

First asked to go over your resume. Asked questions pertaining to your academic background. Then asked a series of behavioral interview questions. The whole process is about 45 minutes.

Lab Technician Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nestlé.

I applied online at Nestle career website for a Lab Technician role last winter. About a week later, I received a phone call from a secretary of the HR department who wanted to arrange a phone interview with her manager later that day. We set up the time and later that day I recieved the phone call from the HR Manager. The interview took approximately 20-25 mins. General questions and more specific according to my CV (can you tell us about your previous working experiences, which position did u enjoy the most and why etc.) or questions regarding Nestle (what is your motivation that you want to join Nestle, or why do you want to come to Switzerland). At the end of the interview I got informed that in about 10-15 days I would get a feedback. I didn't get any feedback so I called back, unfortunately at that time no one was at the office so, they have a call identification. They called me back, and after expalining who I was they gave me a detailed feedback about not continuing with my application and the reasons. Overall, even though i didn't get the job was a positive experience

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected question for a phone interview: what salary do you want for the specific role   Answer Question

IT Position Interview

Normal interview asking former experience and IT related technology knowledge. Interviewer provided a description of job duties and responsibilities; skills needed for the position, working environment and regular schedule and benefits.

Smooth

Food Scientist (Young Graduate) Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in June 2014.

First I got a video interview, questions are usual, like introducing yourself, your qualifications which fit the role, achievements etc. Be prepared for some technical questions in case they asked, like explanation of a certain technical term, you can read through the job description and prepare for it. Some numerical reasoning test and personality tests came along with the video interview. Then about one month later, I got an invitation to the AC interview in their Headquarters in Switzerland. The AC interview lasted for whole day. So generally three sections, introduce yourself, competency based interview and group task. The questions were about my education, past experience that may related to the job and what kind of work I would like to do. My suggestion is keep the answer short and direct, better structured. When asking about specific area you want to work, read the job description or ask people who worked or is working at the company to get more knowledge about it. After all, behave natural and be yourself would be fine. Nestle arranged the AC day in a very nice way and all candidates were treated warmly.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all concerned to my CV and past experience, no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Nestlé? Contribute to the Community!