Nestlé

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Nestlé

Interview Details First had to fill out the application form with details and a couple of questions. I waited a few months then told I had got through to an online numerical test which I wasn't really expecting but it was a little easier than ones I had done previously, although a very strict time limit. The there was a telephone interview, which they said would be strengths-based like the ones used by Ernst & Young. The interviewer phoned right on the dot of the agreed time, and was friendly however I thought lots of the "strengths" questions resembled traditional competency questions more than the example strength questions I had read. At the end she asked questions about the company, I think she asked two.

They said they would tell me results by the end of the week however never got back to me, even after I emailed.

Interview Question – In the current economic climate, what does a company such as Nestle have to do in order to expand?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Graduate Engineer
York, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Interview Details Having applied online by completing competency questions and other general info, as well as uploading my cv, I was asked to complete an online assessment. This was testing mathematical, verbal and diagramatical reasoning.

I was then offered a phone interview that lasted approx 30 minutes, this was again asking competency questions, as well as asking why I wanted to work for the company and what I could bring to the role.

Having completed the phone interview I was offered an assessment day. This involved completing a written task, a group activity, a presentation and an interview.

Following the assessment day, I was invited back to interview with the head uk engineer, in charge of graduates.

I was then offered the job over the phone.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were unsuccessful at a goal and how did you react to failure?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer elsewhere

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at Nestlé in February 2013.

Interview Details Application form, then a series of online tests, then telephone interview. Did not get further, and took a long time to hear back.

Interview Question – Give me a brand which is not nestle, and how have they performed in the financial recession.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Graduate Marketing Interview

Graduate Marketing
York, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Interview Details Online application form with 2 questions followed by online reasoning tests. Phone interview with external company - questions about motivation and a few "strengths based questions" e.g. how do you learn new information. 2 questions on marketing - name a brand that is NOT nestle, how did they do during the financial crisis. name 2 nestle products that you think have good/strong marketing and why.
followed by assessment centre in York. 4 parts - written case study about marketing a new product based on some graphs and market data (50 mins). group exercise with 3 others about a situation when you had to let some clients down and keep some happy, you have to make the decision. a case study presentation where you are given an a4 sheet of data about a nestle product and you need to do a 15 minute presentation followed by questions about how to improve/market the brand. extreme time pressure in the preparation. finally a 2-on-1 strengths/competency/motivation interview to finish the day. I did well on the exercises but failed some areas in the interview so was called back for a final interview 2-on-1 again but also failed this one. vague/weak answers and not enough proof of motivation for marketing coming from a biology background.

Interview Question – how do you lead? how do you motivate?   Answer Question

Marketing Trainee Interview

Marketing Trainee
Lisbon (Portugal)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in June 2014.

Interview Details Assessment Center (10 people):
1. Case Study about the brand Purina (pet food). The goal was to discuss the brand's marketing budget
2. Personal presentation about yourself - 2 minutes (more about you as a person and your motivations and less about your background)

Interview Question – To talk in english.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Nestlé.

Interview Details Simple phone interview discussing my motivations as an engineer and what I could offer to the company. Very informal in tone, no competency based questions: conversational. Mainly questions were around my past life experiences and whether I would be able to handle living in a small town for a year.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for a company like Nestle with an aerospace background?   View Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Brand Manager
Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé in June 2014.

Interview Details Received call from the HR to go in for an interview the next day. I didn't apply. They got my CV from a recruitment firm. 2 oral interviews. First with HR & the person heading the department. Got call for 2nd interview after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Technical Business Analyst
Lviv (Ukraine)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nestlé in September 2012.

Interview Details Initial communication - I've applied my CV on vacancy on the internet, that called to HR of company to double-check.
After 2 weeks HR specialist called me back and I've had a little review.
Then in 2 weeks I've went to job location and had two more interviews - with HR manager and Factory manager.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions for me   Answer Question

Consumer Services Interview

Consumer Services
Accra (Ghana)

I applied through another source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nestlé in July 2010.

Interview Details It was a well coordinated process. Starting with an apptitutde test. Here all shoetlisted applicants were sent an invitation via email to participate in the tests. The results determined a furtehr short- list of applicants. This then led to two interview sessions and finally a call back to confirm employment.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Vevey (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Nestlé in February 2010.

Interview Details I have applied online via their public official jobs internet site, had a phone interview, then also two more interviews in person with the line manager and the department head.

Interview Question – Your experience with ERP implementations in your previous role   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary, relocation

Worked for Nestlé? Contribute to the Community!