Nestlé

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Nestlé

Interview Details First had to fill out the application form with details and a couple of questions. I waited a few months then told I had got through to an online numerical test which I wasn't really expecting but it was a little easier than ones I had done previously, although a very strict time limit. The there was a telephone interview, which they said would be strengths-based like the ones used by Ernst & Young. The interviewer phoned right on the dot of the agreed time, and was friendly however I thought lots of the "strengths" questions resembled traditional competency questions more than the example strength questions I had read. At the end she asked questions about the company, I think she asked two.

They said they would tell me results by the end of the week however never got back to me, even after I emailed.

Interview Question – In the current economic climate, what does a company such as Nestle have to do in order to expand?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

York, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Interview Details Having applied online by completing competency questions and other general info, as well as uploading my cv, I was asked to complete an online assessment. This was testing mathematical, verbal and diagramatical reasoning.

I was then offered a phone interview that lasted approx 30 minutes, this was again asking competency questions, as well as asking why I wanted to work for the company and what I could bring to the role.

Having completed the phone interview I was offered an assessment day. This involved completing a written task, a group activity, a presentation and an interview.

Following the assessment day, I was invited back to interview with the head uk engineer, in charge of graduates.

I was then offered the job over the phone.

Interview Question – Name a time when you were unsuccessful at a goal and how did you react to failure?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a better offer elsewhere

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at Nestlé in February 2013.

Interview Details Application form, then a series of online tests, then telephone interview. Did not get further, and took a long time to hear back.

Interview Question – Give me a brand which is not nestle, and how have they performed in the financial recession.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Graduate Marketing Interview

York, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Interview Details Online application form with 2 questions followed by online reasoning tests. Phone interview with external company - questions about motivation and a few "strengths based questions" e.g. how do you learn new information. 2 questions on marketing - name a brand that is NOT nestle, how did they do during the financial crisis. name 2 nestle products that you think have good/strong marketing and why.
followed by assessment centre in York. 4 parts - written case study about marketing a new product based on some graphs and market data (50 mins). group exercise with 3 others about a situation when you had to let some clients down and keep some happy, you have to make the decision. a case study presentation where you are given an a4 sheet of data about a nestle product and you need to do a 15 minute presentation followed by questions about how to improve/market the brand. extreme time pressure in the preparation. finally a 2-on-1 strengths/competency/motivation interview to finish the day. I did well on the exercises but failed some areas in the interview so was called back for a final interview 2-on-1 again but also failed this one. vague/weak answers and not enough proof of motivation for marketing coming from a biology background.

Interview Question – how do you lead? how do you motivate?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interviewed at Nestlé

Interview Details It was a very good interview process.. i went throught 6 rounds

Interview Question – lots of crazy questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes...i got a 10k bump

Marketing Associate Interview

Interviewed at Nestlé

Interview Details Straightforward and streamlined. Recruiter screening via phone, recruiter 1st round via phone, marketing manager via phone and then 6 different people in the office. The office visit was very long and each person had an hour with me. Some of them didn't pay attention. 1 of the interviewers was a recruiter.

Interview Question – What is your favorite product within CPG?   Answer Question

Retail Management Intern Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé.

Interview Details Phone interview then face to face interview

Interview Question – what is the thing that interest you?   Answer Question

Mechanical Technician Interview

Interview Details one interview

Interview Question – how would you resolve a conflict between you and your superior   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Zurich, MT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Nestlé in February 2010.

Interview Details initial communications, phone interview, face to face interview

Interview Question – Business case   View Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Vevey (Switzerland)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2014.

Interview Details 4 interviews with different people. Asked for skills that weren't in the job offer i applied for. Overall a good experience but they could improve the process time. People were nice and open. The interview was kind of difficult as they made behavioral questions mixing languages, and that was a hard point for me.

Interview Question – You were in the middle of a tragedy with lots of people. How would you convince other to save you first?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nestlé

Worked for Nestlé? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nestlé interview questions and advice. All 87 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Nestlé employees and interview candidates.