Nestlé Interview Questions & Reviews

102 interviews

TPM Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Nestlé in March 2014.

after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.after 2 phone interview I have been invited to UK for face to face inteview.

Intern Interview

First had to fill out the application form with details and a couple of questions. I waited a few months then told I had got through to an online numerical test which I wasn't really expecting but it was a little easier than ones I had done previously, although a very strict time limit. The there was a telephone interview, which they said would be strengths-based like the ones used by Ernst & Young. The interviewer phoned right on the dot of the agreed time, and was friendly however I thought lots of the "strengths" questions resembled traditional competency questions more than the example strength questions I had read. At the end she asked questions about the company, I think she asked two.

They said they would tell me results by the end of the week however never got back to me, even after I emailed.

Interview Questions
    • In the current economic climate, what does a company such as Nestle have to do in order to expand?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  York, England
    Anonymous Employee in York, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Having applied online by completing competency questions and other general info, as well as uploading my cv, I was asked to complete an online assessment. This was testing mathematical, verbal and diagramatical reasoning.

I was then offered a phone interview that lasted approx 30 minutes, this was again asking competency questions, as well as asking why I wanted to work for the company and what I could bring to the role.

Having completed the phone interview I was offered an assessment day. This involved completing a written task, a group activity, a presentation and an interview.

Following the assessment day, I was invited back to interview with the head uk engineer, in charge of graduates.

I was then offered the job over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were unsuccessful at a goal and how did you react to failure?   Answer Question

I had a better offer elsewhere

Marketing Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Nestlé in February 2013.

Application form, then a series of online tests, then telephone interview. Did not get further, and took a long time to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a brand which is not nestle, and how have they performed in the financial recession.   Answer Question

Graduate Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  York, England
    Anonymous Employee in York, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in January 2013.

Online application form with 2 questions followed by online reasoning tests. Phone interview with external company - questions about motivation and a few "strengths based questions" e.g. how do you learn new information. 2 questions on marketing - name a brand that is NOT nestle, how did they do during the financial crisis. name 2 nestle products that you think have good/strong marketing and why.
    followed by assessment centre in York. 4 parts - written case study about marketing a new product based on some graphs and market data (50 mins). group exercise with 3 others about a situation when you had to let some clients down and keep some happy, you have to make the decision. a case study presentation where you are given an a4 sheet of data about a nestle product and you need to do a 15 minute presentation followed by questions about how to improve/market the brand. extreme time pressure in the preparation. finally a 2-on-1 strengths/competency/motivation interview to finish the day. I did well on the exercises but failed some areas in the interview so was called back for a final interview 2-on-1 again but also failed this one. vague/weak answers and not enough proof of motivation for marketing coming from a biology background.

Food Scientist (Young Graduate) Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in June 2014.

First I got a video interview, questions are usual, like introducing yourself, your qualifications which fit the role, achievements etc. Be prepared for some technical questions in case they asked, like explanation of a certain technical term, you can read through the job description and prepare for it. Some numerical reasoning test and personality tests came along with the video interview. Then about one month later, I got an invitation to the AC interview in their Headquarters in Switzerland. The AC interview lasted for whole day. So generally three sections, introduce yourself, competency based interview and group task. The questions were about my education, past experience that may related to the job and what kind of work I would like to do. My suggestion is keep the answer short and direct, better structured. When asking about specific area you want to work, read the job description or ask people who worked or is working at the company to get more knowledge about it. After all, behave natural and be yourself would be fine. Nestle arranged the AC day in a very nice way and all candidates were treated warmly.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all concerned to my CV and past experience, no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lausanne (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé in April 2014.

First call to schedule phone interview 1 week after posting application, half-hour phone call, 1 week later face to face interview, gave a 30min presentation plus interviewed head of the group, head of the department, HR people, colleague of the department, 2 weeks later had an answer with detailed feedback. One interview in the cafeteria at lunch time, no time to eat and talk at the same time, noisy. They said is also to see your behaviour in daily life situations.

Interview Questions
    • phone interview basic questions, face to face technical questions plus typical interview questions, not difficult ones   Answer Question

Marketing Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lisbon (Portugal)
    Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé in June 2014.

Assessment Center (10 people):
    1. Case Study about the brand Purina (pet food). The goal was to discuss the brand's marketing budget
    2. Personal presentation about yourself - 2 minutes (more about you as a person and your motivations and less about your background)

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Nestlé.

Simple phone interview discussing my motivations as an engineer and what I could offer to the company. Very informal in tone, no competency based questions: conversational. Mainly questions were around my past life experiences and whether I would be able to handle living in a small town for a year.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for a company like Nestle with an aerospace background?   View Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Employee in Nairobi (Kenya)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé in June 2014.

Received call from the HR to go in for an interview the next day. I didn't apply. They got my CV from a recruitment firm. 2 oral interviews. First with HR & the person heading the department. Got call for 2nd interview after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Worked for Nestlé? Contribute to the Community!