Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Nestlé USA in June 2014.

Worked via recruiter but final interview was a behavioral interview. In that, they asked you to describe how you would handle situations. It was kind of difficult but if you put yourself in the mindset the person you would like to be, the answers came fairly easy

Interview Questions
    • many of the behavior questions required examples, so that was a struggle   View Answer
    I negotiated hard for max salary and got the highest one the recruiter had seen for that position but that mainly was related to an overall salary decrease from my current job

Edy's Ice Cream Maker I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA in September 2011.

You have to apply online, once that is accepted you will wait a few weeks for the email to come saying if you are invited to complete the testing phase. The testing phase is a 4 hour test containing flow charts, math, basic English comprehension, a personality quiz. If you pass the test you are then interviewed twice. You pass both of those and you are in. During the interviews just be honest and open.

Interview Questions
    • The one that threw me off a little was, out of everyone that has applied for this position what makes you better than them?   View Answer
    There isn't a whole lot of negotiation at the level that I can into the company at.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Itasca, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Itasca, IL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Detailed with what's expected and what departments will be supported as well as who I will report to and what function I serve for each as well as daily, weekly, and monthly operations of,departments.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to read aloud a script to judge my speaking voice.   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé USA in June 2014.

* Online Application - End of April 2014.
    * Contacted by Nestle recruiter on May 9th, 2014 for initial phone interview, which was setup a few days later on May 12th, 2014. In addition, a candidate profile needs to be filled out before the phone interview.
    * Received a call and e-mail confirmation on June 19th, 2014 from Nestle Recruiting for face interview on June 25th, 2014.
    * Interview was split into 3 back-to-back 1 hour Interviews. Each interview is conducted by a team of 2 who will ask you technical, analytical, as well as behavioural questions tag-team style. 1st interview: 2 Directors (Hiring Manager reports to these), 2nd interview - 1 Manager (Hiring Manager), and 3rd interview - 1 Manager and the Head of the Business Unit.

Questions were kept fair and each group utilized their 1 hour time slot in its fullest, which did not allow time for me to ask more detailed questions about the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where a great idea of yours is held back by company regulations?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where your manager/director says/does something controversial?   Answer Question
    • Explain/define "Weighted Average".   View Answer
    • How many cabs are currently servicing Manhattan?   Answer Question
    • How many airplanes are currently in the air?   Answer Question

Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

The hiring process took almost three months from application to start date. I applied online and had an interview three weeks later. I was offered the job almost a month later and then started a month after that. They are VERY slow with this process. The interview was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was intimidating. Maybe some of the "describe a time.." those are always hard to think of.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

It was a very comprehensive interview process. I met with several people and really got to know the culture. They answered my questions about the job and responsibilities adequately. The recruiter did a great job in selling the opportunity, and why Nestle was a top employer.

Interview Questions
    • Too many people on the interview list. How many of them will really have a say in making the decision? The manager the position reports to really didn't sell the job. It's a competitive job market out there so employers should also tell applicants why their company is better.   Answer Question
    I negotiated but they stayed firm on the offer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

I had the pleasure to interview with sales managers at my university's business school sales center. It was a total of three interviews and a ride along. The managers who interviewed me were very professional and kind.

Interview Questions
    • No question was out of the ordinary but make sure you are being honest with them. They want to make sure Nestle is genuinely a good fit for you and vise versa!   Answer Question

NSDP/Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

The process from start to finish was about 2 months, with two interviews on the university campus followed by a "day in the field" with a current member of the NSDP program/Retail Representative. As far as the interviews go, everyone is quite friendly and isn't trying to trick you with any crazy brain teasers or puzzles like in consulting or tech.

To Outline the process:

1.) Information Session on the company after submitting resume and scheduling interview: at this stage they'll tell you all of the benefits of Nestle and how great it is (most of these people will interview the next day).

2.) First Round Interview: This will be an interview with someone who is still in the NSDP program (first 5 years) and then a Director or someone at that level.

3.) Second Round: This interview will be with a VP of Sales or some other high level person, you'll have more of a chat and any questions will largely be behavioral based.

4.) Interview in LA/Glendale California, they'll fly you out and you'll have a networking event followed by a dinner. The following day you will have a half day of interviews. You'll continuously be meeting with VPs and other high level people at this point and this is all part of the interview process.

Recommendations: Geographical flexibility is paramount for this position and being able to move once every year/2 years. If you aren't geographically flexible you probably will not get the position, within the first 4 years alone you will likely move 3 times. If they ask you whether there is any place you wouldn't want to work, just say that location doesn't matter as that puts them off.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bakersfield, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA in April 2014.

I applied online and was emailed by a recruiter to set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. After the screen, I was flown out to do an on-site interview. I did an interview with 4 different pairs of two.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard behavioral questions. They do have questions that must be read off of a script so it can make the process seem a bit scripted and formal. Look for opportunities to interject your personality into it whenever possible.   Answer Question
    I was expecting to negotiate, but I didn't have to. They offered more than I was expecting. Nestle has excellent benefits and really seems to value the human they are employing.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Mostly behavior-based questions with some of the usual background inquiries to round it out. Make sure that you do your homework on the company prior to meeting for your interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Nestlé USA? Contribute to the Community!