Nestlé USA

Nestlé USA Interview Questions

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

Pre Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Applied online. Got call from screener about a month after who asked basic questions. Strangest one was how do you keep yourself safe? It was very scripted line of questioning. Scheduled interview with hiring manager for following week.

Not the right fit.

Internship Interview

They interviewed me on phone, was pretty normal, asked general questions about experience and told me about their manufacturing plant
    There was a panel of interviewers who interviewed me, it wasnt anything out of the ordinary

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

I was contacted by HR asking to set up a time to speak over the phone regarding this position and then after about half an hour talk he said that the engineering manager would have to decided whether he wants an interview with me or not. He got back to me the next day and said that the manager wanted to do a phone interview. Phone interview was super easy and not stressful at all, questions were specific but not difficult.....at the end of the 30 min interview I was told that I was selected for the final round of interview in person. I flew to IL and interview took about 3 hours with all behavioral questions. Everybody was really nice during the interview and I felt very comfortable talking to them.

Interview Questions
    • really no difficult or unexpected questions were asked   Answer Question

Technical Applications Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

First phone interview with recruiter then followed by phone interview with hiring manager and then onsite interview. Overall very smooth and organized. The onsite interview is several hours with different individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Alot of behavioral questions. Explain a time where you have to deal with challenging people. Explain a time when you make mistakes . Explain a time when you have ti make unpopular decisions.   Answer Question

Summer OMT Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

I originally applied online for the summer OMT internship position. First I had two half hour phone interviews. A few days after the second phone interview I received an email explaining that I made it to the final round interviews that would be held in Chicago. The Chicago interviews consisted of 3, 1:1 half hour interviews with three different Nestle employees. About a week later I learned that I was extended the offer.

Interview Questions
    • All three interviewers asked behavioral questions. None of the questions were too difficult, but they seemed to overlap. The most difficult aspect was whether or not to use the same examples if they applied to the question considering it was a different individual whom has never heard the example and the example still applied to the situation. I did my best to use fresh examples, but if I did not have any other examples in my life I used a previous example already used with another interviewer.   Answer Question

NDIC Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nestlé USA in November 2014.

I first talked to the Nestle reps at our on-campus career fair and was invited to a on-campus interview the next day. The interview was behavioral, but difficult. It was 30 minutes long and was conducted by an HR person and a current NDIC trainee. They were very friendly and answered any questions I had about the process or about the program.

Next I had a phone interview. The phone interview was very similar to the on-campus interview, behavioral but difficult. It was with an HR person who was very nice and friendly.

You then are taken on a Shadow Day by a current DSL (this is what your role will be). You drive around with them all day and see what a day in the life is like. You go to grocery stores, the cross stock where the trucks are held, etc. This is where you get a great idea of what you will actually be doing. Keep in mind you have to get certified to drive a truck to be a DSL.

Finally, the final round was held in Chicago, IL at a hotel in the airport. It was an interesting set up, with current GMs, DSLs and ASLs from all over the country all inter-mingling with candidates. You were expected to introduce yourself to them and get to know them over dinner, breakfast, and lunch. There were 3 back to back behavioral interviews the second day, two with one GM and one HR person, and one solo interview with an HR person. The same basic (but difficult) behavioral interviews. The difficult part of this stage of the interview is the inter-mingling with the upper level management. It was pretty intimidating and difficult to be competing with the other candidates for attention the entire meal.

The only negative I have about this company and this process is the very end- waiting to hear about the decision made. I know without even getting the call yet, that I did not get an offer. That is fine, except the HR person in charge of letting me know has confirmed with me two different times when she would be calling and I have yet to receive a call. I think this is incredibly unprofessional and unfair on my behalf.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you relayed inaccurate information.   Answer Question

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Apply through campus recruitment portal and Nestle website for Diversity Brand Camp -> phone screen with recruiter -> mostly behavioral phone interview -> selected for brand camp -> 3 day brand 'boot camp' concluding with 3 45 minute behavioral and marketing case interviews. The behavioral questions consisted of the typical STAR story format, with a focus on leadership and analytical ability.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the brand manager of Lean Cuisine, what would you do to recast the brand image to reflect Nutrition, Health and Wellness?   Answer Question

Sales Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nestlé USA.

Campus career fair: I didn't attend the career fair, but I went to their information session. I was lucky to get the last quota in the candidate list. Then the second day is the campus onsite interview. I thought I did pretty well. Their human resource officer sent me a rejection email at the next weekend. Then claimed that I should disregard the previous email. However, I got a rejection email four days later anyway.

Interview Questions
    • It is really tough to believe that you are willing to work in Walmart and checking the products for hours per day (one part of the job requirement), please convince me that you are capable to do that.   View Answer

Operations Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nestlé USA.

Has a phone interview but didnt make it to the next behavioral interview. If you make it to the final round, it will take place in chicago. Then they will contact you if you make the cut.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nestlé USA in October 2014.

It was a great overall experience. I applied for the OMT internship but did not get it, however I got a lot of a better understanding for Nestle as a company and removed any doubts as to this was the company I would want to start my career with. This was my first final round two-day interview process ordeal. 3 back to back interviews. No doubt I'll be applying for a full-time position.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions all behavioral nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question