New World Systems

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Internship Interview

Software Developer Internship
Troy, MI (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at New World Systems in November 2011.

Interview Details I first met New World Systems at a Career Fair on campus. I received a phone call from their Head HR. Where she scheduled a time for a phone interview. I then a week before my interview, received another call from the same person try to schedule an interview with me again. She apologized for her mistake and life moved on. We then proceed to the phone interview which was personal questions nothing technical or out of the ordinary, became very apparent to me that their HR was lead by a complete ditz. After the phone interview she reached out with an email for an onsite interview. The onsite interview was 4.5 hours! They put all intern candidates in room, gave us a boring presentation about their company. Then we were subjected to 2 skills tests. One of them which I was missing a page .. as you can see there hr really has their act together. After the skills test we had 10-15 min 1 on 1 with what seemed like everybody on staff. This is a heinously stupid idea. It felt like a round of speed dating. One after the other we would run out of time not really getting to anything or you would run into guys that clearly had no business interview you and were like uh yea do you have any questions? After all was said and done we were given goody bags sent on out way. We were told we would know in 2 weeks.

2 weeks later... no email no nothing.... I email HR and she says that HR was undergoing some changes and didn't know if the internship would still be there. She said she would get back to me in a month....

Month later I see their company advertising on my school career site so I emailed her getting annoyed at this point.... She I'll let you know at the end of the month....

This was in November I still don't know for sure.... I have emailed her and called her a bunch more times no response. I understand that maybe am not wanted for the position but have the balls to tell me to my face. I still sometimes call hoping to get her on phone to give her a piece of my mind for wasting my time during a stupid 4.5 hour interview.

Don't work there the people are zombies and HR is moronic.

Interview Question – There weren't any real technical interviews   Answer Question

Worked for New World Systems? Contribute to the Community!