New York Life

Updated 15 Nov 2014

2.5

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in October 2014.

On campus recruiting. Was notified for an interview a few weeks after applying. The interview was solely behavioral and felt more like a conversation. They sent a letter saying I didn't make it to the final round about a week later.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Intern Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter for first round of screening.
    Second interview over the phone with potential manager and mentor in a department that the company chooses.
    If that department if not what you are looking for, the whole process is repeated

No negotiation. Interns make $18 per hour

Intern Interview

Fairly simple. Met and discussed with a licensed agent as well as a partner of the company. In total there were three interviews. All of the interviews/meetings lasted no longer then thirty minutes. Interviews were in a relaxed environment. I was nervous going into it but felt comfortable once things got started.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were relatively general. How to deal with rejection, what are your world concerns, your greatest skill to attribute to the company. They threw a curve ball by asking what my favorite animal was and why.   View Answer
    Fairly strung out. Not completely clear as to what compensation would be.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Applied through a campus recruiting tool. A recruiter followed up with an email and a personality test. Then there was a one on one interview with the Partner. Very quick and easy process.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at New York Life.

Met the partner at a career fair and got signed up for an interview the next morning. Initial interview was very informative about the company, office, and position. A second interview was scheduled immediately two days later. More extensive interview, lasted about an hour. A third interview was to be scheduled at my convenience and interest.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at New York Life.

Applied online and received a phone interview.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life in February 2014.

Contacted via email by HR to set up a preliminary behavioral interview. During this interview, I got to specify what areas I was interested in. Went on to have a second/final-round interview with the CVP that would become my manager. Was more like an informational interview with my manager than a behavioral/resume interview for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at New York Life in December 2013.

Applied through university career website, approved for interview request. Interview was simple, nothing really surprising, mostly behavioral questions. Called in for 2nd round interview at NY HQ. Orientation, lunch meet and greet, 5 one-on-one interviews for the duration of 4 hours. Mostly behavioral questions, with some specificity to the insurance industry.

Interview Questions
    Didn't budge on salary since housing is provided at a local university

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at New York Life.

Got a phone interview, did not get the offer, was asked pretty difficult questions.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at New York Life.

Relatively easy one-round interview. The questions were almost entirely behavioral in nature with a few simple technical questions thrown in. The interviewer was mostly trying to get a sense of how I would perform in a group with other interns as well as with potential and existing clients.

Interview Questions
    • General interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question