New York Life Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015

2.4

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first then if you do well in that, you meet with your perspective manager and the VP of the department. They ask normal interview questions and want to make sure that you are capable of multiple tasking. Let them know you're a fast learner and that you relish being under pressure

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years, why us, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary is pretty low and in order to get paid for OT you have to get approved by your manager first

Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at New York Life (Melville, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Met the guy at the job fair and got interview offer at the job fair. I looked at the reviews on glassdoor before I went there, and I though it might not be the job for me but I'll go there for the experience. The guy who interviewed me asked me only one question - tell me about your education and experienece. and he talked about their programs and invited me to the compensation seminar. I'll not go there anyways.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your education and experience. THAT'S IT.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for a phone interview about two weeks later. Simple behavioral questions and nothing too unexpected. I got emailed back again to say that i made it to the next round of interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life in March 2015.

Interview

It's a screening interview. It is scheduled a week before the phone interview. It is phone interview because I cannot make it on site by the scheduled time. During the interview, I was required to introduce myself: where I was born and raised, what my experiences are, etc. then the recruiter introduced two jobs to me and asked me to choose which one I prefer. After the interview, the interviewee sent me a link to process the next steps. Hiring decision is still pending.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was unprofessional. I responded to the phone and he said he was in a meeting and did not respond back. I waited for the reply for the whole day. Then someone else called and gave me some accurate and less accurate information. During the interview, the manager was over 20 minutes late.

Interview Questions

• There was no interview questions. He said he will only tell me about the bad stuff and if I wanted to come back, he would then tell me about the good stuff. I did not know if he wanted me or not. It did not make sense and he rushed and forgot to give me a packet.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at New York Life (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Two very easy interviews. First was with an HR person that just wanted to make sure that you are worthy of a hiring managers time. The second is with a manager where they explain the position and ask you questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

It was a quick 15 minute phone screening with HR. I was asked "tell me about yourself", details on one experience on my resume, and how that experience would contribute to the job I was applying for. Heard back a week later that I won’t be moving on with the process.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I had an hour long meeting to discuss the opportunity within the company and was given a great presentation. I was told the average annual salary and benefits that would come with the position. I was then give an assessment on a computer which took about 15 minutes to complete. I was called later the same day and offered the position. I am still weighing my options.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

He basically just asked questions trying to get to know me and to see if I would make a good sales person (We both came to the conclusion that I would not!). After I admitted that the job didn't seem right for me, he proceeded to ask me if there was anyone I knew from my small hometown that I could recommend for the job. That kind of upset me. But he was still nice about the whole thing.

Long Term Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Was contacted about a month after my initial application I submitted through the website. Scheduled an interview for the following day, interview lasted about an hour with just one individual- one on one interview. Followed up the day after letting the lady know how interested I am. The following Monday( 3 days later) I received a verbal offer and the following day a official offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for New York life?   Answer Question
    • What's a time you dealt with a disgruntled customer and how you dealt with them?   Answer Question