Newell Rubbermaid

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in November 2014.

The interview process was fantastic. They make you feel relaxed and probed you where necessary so that you could provide the most detailed answer possible. In terms of structure I had a series of phone and face-to-face interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few difficult questions including some about their competitors and plans for expansion.   Answer Question

Dec 15, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the Newell Rubbermaid team!

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in December 2013.

Interview stages moved very quickly but all happened over the phone. Very informal.

Interview Questions
    • No real interview questions were asked it was more of a conversation around the category performance and how we can build the brand. As the interviewee I did most of the talking   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Applied in December 2014, got a "Thank you, we are not selecting you" letter in February 2015. However, they are encouraging me to keep applying. Does it really takes two months to select one for a phone screen? Don't think I want to hear from them in the future.

Mar 04, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. I encourage you to learn more about Newell's internal candidate process from your HRBP. Additionally, our recruiters are functionally aligned, so feel free to reach out to ... More

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

The interview was great, and the human resources person was very friendly and caring. She took the time to answer my questions about the company and also had the courtesy of emailing me right away when I was refereed by another employee

Interview Questions
    • What could I contribute to the company? What am I looking for to get in the internship?   Answer Question

Feb 17, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We look forward to having you join our intern class this summer!

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2015.

Starts with a phone screen from a Talent Acquisition Manager. It then moves on to a phone interview with the hiring manager, he/she will tell you more about the position and dive into your background and relevant experience. Next is an in person interview with five team members at the location of the company. I met with the Director, two Sr. brand managers, HR representative and R&D manager.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Mar 04, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we hope that you'll continue to pursue opportunities within Newell.

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I submitted a resume' to the through the company website. I was contacted eight months latter and asked if I was still interested; to which I responded yes. I had a phone interview with HR and then was brought in and interviewed by HR, then the division CFO and finally the hiring manager. The hiring manager was uncomfortable. He interviewed me over lunch, which I paid for.

Take it or leave it, they knew I was recently downsized by my previous employer and needed the job.

Dec 10, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in September 2014.

It was a really good process up until the interviews were over. The recruiter was friendly and communicative, and after the phone screen, she scheduled in-person interviews, which I thought went pretty well. One of the interviewers had an all-day meeting, so I spoke with him a couple of days later. I thought everything was going fairly well and that I was a viable candidate. Despite the crazy commute it would have been, I was seriously considering the opportunity. Until I never heard back, even though I was submitted as a referral by an employee. I must say I was shocked, as most companies would have followed up to say they were exploring other candidates, the budget was cut, the process would take a bit longer, I was not a good fit... something, anything. But over 2 weeks with no word means it's not a place I'd ever consider working. It's a shame.

Dec 10, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to provide a best-in-class interview process and would like to learn more about your experience. Feel free to send ... More

FSCM Research Specialist Interview

The hiring and interview process was good. I had a great interview with the person who would be my supervisor. The interview was thorough. Once the job was offered and I was hired they did a background check and drug testing. Everything went smoothly and the transition was easy.

Aug 18, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear and welcome to the team!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in August 2014.

The hiring process was through a temp agency as well as with the client. Most of the questions were non-scripted, and some were. The ones that were script were original that I have never heard, which made it interesting.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. All questions were related to the job to see if my experience fit the job description.   Answer Question
    It took them a week to get back with me but it was well worth it.

Jan 06, 2015Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the Newell Rubbermaid team!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

It stats with a phone interview. Then I met with three managers internally for interview (each individually). After that, they offered a job over the phone. It was not a very difficult process.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate as it was only an internship.

Jul 31, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you decided to join us for your internship!