Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
Updated Aug 22, 2014
87 interviews

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in December 2013.

Interview stages moved very quickly but all happened over the phone. Very informal.

Interview Questions
    • No real interview questions were asked it was more of a conversation around the category performance and how we can build the brand. As the interviewee I did most of the talking   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in July 2014.

Included a phone interview and then a follow up with four interviews in person. Questions included:
    Why do you want this job? Describe your process when you get a new project? Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult colleague. What are you looking for in your next role? Describe a time when you worked in a group. What professional accomplishment are you most proud of? Tell me about a time you motivated others. Tell me about a time you successfully worked cross-functionally, without having direct management authority over the resources you were overseeing.

Aug 26, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your interest in a career with Newell Rubbermaid. We hope you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities!

FSCM Research Specialist Interview

The hiring and interview process was good. I had a great interview with the person who would be my supervisor. The interview was thorough. Once the job was offered and I was hired they did a background check and drug testing. Everything went smoothly and the transition was easy.

Aug 18, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear and welcome to the team!

SAP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2010.

very short interview process as company was building its hq in Switzerland.
    met 3 persons from finance EMEA Statutory Director - EMEA FP&A Director and CFO,
    their need was very specific and my skills met them so overall very short and productive.

through recruiting agency but tough

Jul 31, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you decided to join us.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  East Longmeadow, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

It stats with a phone interview. Then I met with three managers internally for interview (each individually). After that, they offered a job over the phone. It was not a very difficult process.

Interview Questions
    Did not negotiate as it was only an internship.

Jul 31, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you decided to join us for your internship!

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Huntersville, NC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2014.

Initially had applied to company through online sources. It took a head hunter to get a foot in the door. First phone interview was with and engineering manager. Next was an onsite interview with upper team members (one on one). The questions were not bad. Included was a CAD test which I did poorly on. The laptop I was small and the color scheme settings were difficult to deal with in a well lighted room. (you might want to bring calipers). The expense reimbursement was slow - took about a month.

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Newell Rubbermaid! We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Applied online via their website. Received a call in a few days for a phone screening with HR. Then a phone screen with the hiring manager. Final was an onsite interview in which I interviewed with about 4 people for 45 minutes each.

Jun 23, 2014Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience. We're glad to have you join the team!

Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Goirle (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goirle (Netherlands)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2012.

My interview was with the woman who became my boss. It was mostly just to make sure that I seemed like a fast learner who would be competent, capable, and get along with the team. There are the typical strengths and weaknesses questions, but they mostly seemed like a formality with the real objective being to try to get a sense of what kind of a person I was and what sort of employee I would be.

Interview Questions
    There is no room for negotiation.

SAP Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I was solicited with the internship during a diversity career fair at the University of Georgia by a recruiter. She emailed me the next day and I interviewed with her over the phone. This interview was very basic and behaviorally generic. A few days later, she scheduled a phone interview for me with the SAP Senior Manager from their Internal Audit department. This interview was a little less behavioral and we casually discussed my experiences and educational background with internal controls. A few days after the phone interview, I was contacted by the recruiter again for an office interview. During the office interview, I interviewed with an HR representative, the VP of Internal Audit, then again with the Senior Manager.
    I was contacted a few hours later when I returned to UGA with the offer for the internship.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you worked in a group and a group member was being difficult.   Answer Question

Brand Marketing Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

I applied through my school after hearing about the opportunity.

It was a longer process then I thought it would be (spanning over 3 months). There was the initial phone screening interview, a second phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews at their office. The face-to-face interviews were with three different people each time. This is because there were 3 different marketing intern positions.

Everyone I talked to and interviewed with are exceptional people. Smart, nice, creative, and innovative. The interview process (although I was a bit nervous) was smooth and relaxed. They made me feel welcome.

Interview Questions

Worked for Newell Rubbermaid? Contribute to the Community!