Nimbula Interview Questions in Mountain View, CA

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nimbula (Mountain View, CA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

I had three phone interviews.
    The first one was non technical.
    The next two interviews were one hour technical interviews.
    After the last phone interview I was supposed to go to an on site interview but I didn't hear back from them yet. I also didn't ask what's happening since the things at my current job are getting better ;-).

Interview Questions

• A File System with directories at many levels. A duplicate of a file will have the same file name. We can treat the first instance encountered as a master copy, all others are duplicates.

Write a program to remove the subsequent copies of the file and create symbolic links to the first copy encountered (the master copy).

1 Answer
    • Write a C program which will construct a binary (search) tree from an array of integers and then provide a function to walk the tree in-order.

int data[] = { 100, 7, 200, 8, 299 };

1 Answer
    • Write a function that will reverse a string in the following fashion:
      Input: "My name is Amanda"
      Output: "Amanda is name My"

3 Answers
    • You are given a sorted array of integer. Describe an algorithm that finds two numbers in that array whose sum equals a given number.

What's the complexity of your algorithm ? Can you do better ?

1 Answer
    • What will this program do ?
      ========