Nordstrom Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
1,045 Interview Reviews

2.6

Personal Stylist In Training Interview

Interviewer (department head) never showed up, even though she was in the store and paged several times. Someone else stepped in for the interview, but clearly not knowledgeable enough of the position and department I was applying for. Read interview questions from script. Offered job - but not in area that interested me. Did not expect this from Nordstrom- a company that is known for customer service

Interview Questions
    • Best practice in customer service that I handled in my working career. Not an unusual question, but surprising considering the interview foul up.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Work At Home Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

This is the whole process!!
    First I applied online. Then I received an email to schedule a phone interview the soonest time was a week away. Phone interview consisted of lots and lots of questions (45 min) why nordstrom? Best customer service experience? History of nordstrom? What type of Distractions would I have at home? Why do I want to work at home? Example of a time I exceeded expectations? It went great then the recruiter sent me 2 tests to do at home (writing assessment) (multi tasking test) then I called 4 days later and they said I passed and then they emailed me that they would call me in 2-3 business days for a interview in 2 business days they called In 2 business days and scheduled my virtual interview 2 days away the day of the virtual interview I received an email for background check info which I filled out promptly. I then set up my webcam and entered the chat room for the interview with the recruiter. I was very nervous as I thought this was my last interview and would find out that day (2 days ago) but the recruiter said he would call or email for the POSSIBLE NEXT STEPS I just couldn't believe there's still more to do if I'm considered after reading all the reviews everyone seemed to be hired in 2-4 weeks and seemed like a smooth process I am very qualified and even hold my associates in fashion and 3 years call center customer service so I really don't know if I got it or not or why they haven't contacted me. What do you think? Really stressing ATM and need opinions please!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2014.

It was average. Nothing too unexpected or out of the ordinary. Just be yourself. They already seem to know what they want. If you fit the bill than great.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Met recruiter at college job fair. Got a call to set up an interview over the phone for their internship. Went through I think, two more phone interviews. Basic questions: Why Nordstrom? Why fashion? I studied philosophy and lived in Indiana so not too sure how I ended up interning at one of their biggest stores. I think they just try to size you up to see if you'll fit with their "culture." Just be yourself-- your completely upbeat and Nordstrom-obsessed self and you'll do fine ( if you can sell ).

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you missed the mark and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Wedding Suite Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online. I was then sent to a test online to complete the application. This consisted of 52 multiple choice questions that primarily evaluated your ethical thinking and personality. Questions ask how you would act in a situation, how you rate yourself compared to others, etc.

I was contacted via automated email saying that I met the qualifications and sent to an online calendar to schedule a phone interview. I selected the date and time of my choice, received an email confirmation, and then later another email explaining that the selected time is actually a 2-hour window, and they will do their best to call within 2 hours of the time I chose (9am). I had prepared for the interview fully and found other Glassdoor's comments helpful. I cancelled my plans that Monday morning to ensure I would be free from distractions and available to receive the interview whenever they chose to call. I waited until close to 11am when I received a call, which immediately dropped. At that point, I returned the call, which led me to the Nordstrom HR department. I explained and asked politely for my call to be put through again. At that point they said they said "unfortunately, we have moved on to other applicants". I wanted to work for Nordstrom because I believed their customer service to be exceptional. I was let down to find this is not how they treat applicants and potential employees.

Women Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2014.

The interview process was quick. After applying I received an email in regards to choosing a time to schedule an over the phone interview. The time that you schedule- the recruiter call within two hours after your scheduled time. The over the phone interview was very easy. The HR recruiter was very nice and up beat. She let me know that I would be receiving a phone call to come in for a follow up interview. A week later I was contacted to come in the following week for an open interview. The open interview reminded me of a job fair. In one room were the department managers of different departments that had openings. We were assigned to one and in one big room myself and a few others were interviewed at the same time. It was different and pretty cool. From there I was taken to the department of which I would be potentially working. The department manager showed me around and then tested me on the sales floor. She asked me to pick out an outfit and and sale to her. If I had not had previous experience then I would have failed this test but it was simple. From there I interviewed with the store manager. The questions she asked were similar to the questions from the department manager and that was the end. An hour later I was called and hired. Yeah!!!!. Here is a little tip: Do your research on the company through the stores website, job boards, and review websites like this one. Both managers were impressed by that. And then ask them questions regarding your research, the employer will be extremely impressed.

Interview Questions
    • If you did not make your sales goal for the week how would you do better the following week?   Answer Question
    The majority of all Nordstrom positions are commission, but I was informed that if the employees do not make their commission for the week they do give us draw vs. commission so you do not go home with nothing on your pay check. The draw starts off at the minimum wage level at $8.25 but can go up depending on experience. If you make commission and up then of course you would receive your commission.

Stock Support Team Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

I was called in for an interview, I came in and they asked me why did I want to work for nordstrom, what position was I most interested in, and that was basically it. The interview was brief. They also asked me if I was going to be able to lift at least 30 pounds and work early morning shifts. The position was also sometimes on call

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online and got an email shortly after for a phone interview. Very basic conversation and super friendly, why Nordstrom? Tell me about yourself. What is a goal you set but didn't achieve.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult work situation and tell your solution   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2014.

it took one month. I applied online.got an email in four weeks time to make an appointment for a phone interview.Had the phone interview the next day and was asked to come for the face to face interview the following day.had the interview with two managers and after i was asked to role play sales. the whole process took about 1hr 30mins

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Found job posting online using nordstrom's career page. After applying I received a phone call asking me if I was available to come in for an interview a week later. I came in, and there were multiple positions to interview for, each at a table that a person could wait to approach. I interviewed with a few and eventually got an offer from the @home department. Upon discussing with many others in the company the multiple tables/interviews thing was unusual.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me why you would feel comfortable selling a 2000 piece of merchandise.   View Answer
    Not available.

Worked for Nordstrom? Contribute to the Community!