Nordstrom

Updated 15 Dec 2014
1,150 Interview Reviews

2.5

BP Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I interviewed with a very fashionable and direct manager and assistant. I sold my self and described my knowledge of the brand. The primary focus was on customer service. No one is unattractive who works here, so look the part and show your personality. I was contacted within 48hrs for immediate hire.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Quick, professional, very laid back. You interview with a manager and they give you different scenarios. Like tell me about a time when you were in a competition at work and what was the outcome. Or they have you go through a mock sale. Nice company to work for.

Women's Core Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

From the beginning of a job application at Nordstrom you must apply online and search which job/department/store location interests you. There you go through your typical application and wait to hear back from HR. If you're a match you'll recieve an email requesting a phone interview and you must choose a date and time. During the phone interview someone from HR goes over basic scenario questions, such as: Name a time you worked as a group and how did it turn out? They always ask, Why Nordstrom? And from then on if it goes well they will contact you or the department manager will contact you and invite you for an in person interview. In person either the department manager and their assistant(s) will all be present or just the head manager. They ask more questions about how you feel about commission based salary, more past experience questions and more depending on which department it is. After that, it takes one to two weeks to hear back and they usually let you know whether or not you have received the job!

Interview Questions
    • What sets you apart from other employees who need/ work very hard for their commission salary?   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

They asked me why I wanted to work for them. They asked what I can bring to the table and what sets me apart from the other applicants. They told me they would call me if I made it and I'm still waiting. Most difficult question was what are my weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do to make sure a customer leaves happy   View Answer

Beauty Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Professional, thorough, and complete. Meet with the hiring manager and waiting a week to get job offered. I was contacted by the HR department and was offered by phone.

No need to negotiate.

Loss Prevention, Associate/Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Initial phone interview of basic HR type questions. Second interview with department manager who goes over the basic duties and responsibilities. Discuss your prior experience that you bring with you.

Took initial offer.

Cafe Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I was very nervous, but the manager was very down to earth and we actually shared a few laughs. There was no negotiations, it is 9$ an hour. Very easy questions. The most difficult question probably was, name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer

No negotiations

Bobbi Brown Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in December 2014.

It took like a week, from when I filled out the application online till when I got the interview. I got an email on the 28 of Nov asking did I want to come in that Monday for an interview. After email I got another emailing asking me to fill out some paperwork. Monday I went in for the interview at 1030 am I was in a room with like 4 other girls. I was called back at like 1130 with a guy he was very nice and professional. I interview for Bobbi Brown manager, im not sure why I did that guess I had high hopes never worked makeup before. But I got a job offer for roving sales. That same day he told me he would call Tuesday after he did some background stuff. They called me Tuesday and offered me the job its salary plus commission.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me working in sales what was my most memorable sale, and how did that go   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate.

Personal Stylist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom in December 2014.

The first interview with the personal styling manager went well. At the second interview, the director didn't have a designated meeting space or seem to have any idea which candidate she was interviewing. She opened with a question about another candidate's work history.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to generate customers outside the sales floor?   Answer Question

Seasonal Retail Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I applied online, also through a referral. It was straight forward, it took about a week's time. Received an email for a telephone interview, process was finalized the same weekend.

Interview Questions
    • Why Nordstrom? Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer, what was your role, and did it get resolved? Describe a time where you failed to achieve a goal, what was done? how did you handle that?   Answer Question
    The hourly was set for the cashier position, no negotiation.