Nordstrom Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015
1,288 Interview Reviews

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I went through two interviews, one that was a little more casual and quick and the next more lengthy and in-depth. Since I could not meet with the interview team face to face for my second interview because I was in college, they were accommodating and allowed me to have a phone interview which they assured me would not sway their decision one way or another.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Got 4 interview processes, first with the assistant manager then the actual manager, with the brand i wanted to work and then the account executive. It was easy. They wanted more to ask about you and they talk in depth about the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you grow a counter business.   1 Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom (Redondo Beach, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online for the Cerritos location. I got called for an interview about 2 days later from the assistant manager from the South Bay Galleria. I scheduled an interview for the next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I handled customer situations at my previous jobs. I.was asked to sell my handbag.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating. You make commission only.

Visual Stylist Interview

Interview

Applied for Job online and then invited me to video interview. completed a video interview at home that you record yourself and send in. They reviewed it and invited me to an in-person interview. Interview was at the Nordstrom location I was applying for. The interviewer was the visuals manager and she was really nice and friendly. She asked me questions from a packet and wrote them down and let me ask her a bunch of questions. Then I did 3 pulls for a trend. They are still conducting interviews and so I am still waiting for decisions to be made.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR (US)).

Interview

I appreciated the interview process. Because I was a former Nordstrom employee I found the questions asked to be very easy and was able to directly apply the Nordstrom values to my responses. The Nordstrom values are very important to know before the interview.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received e-mail confirmation stating that "We have reviewed your application and think that you have the qualifications and skills we're looking for. We'd like a chance to get to know more about you" so they invited me to online schedule a phone interview. Later on, HR called to say they would bypass phone and schedule me for an in-person interview. All was professionally communicated: time, location and prep needed, and I even received a reminder call a day before the interview.
    In-person interview questions were very general and intended to find out what you stand for, what's professionally important to you, how you would relate to people you'd manage, and how serious you are about sales in general (and, the 'bottom line', of course). Everyone seemed quite pleasant (they are HR, after all, so they know how to do that). I was impressed.
    Unfortunately, I was not invited to the second interview, but what disappointed me even more, was the way they communicated it. My interviewer phoned me the very next morning and left a kind message to call her back. When I did, she seemed to not know who I was, and even asked who called me that morning (!!?). Then she said she had my info, but would have to put me on hold to look at it (!!), and then came back saying that she did not have anything to tell me and would call me the following day "after discussing the subject with her associates". A couple of hours later, another person called to inform me that they were "going with another candidate".
    Needles to say, my first impression that they were professional and organized, was ruined. It's a shame.

Retail Management Intenship Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Qué person qdo interviewed me really nice, pretty strait forward. I applied online, get an email from nordstrom to confirm date and time for the first interview( pretty set questionary -video interview) then contact me within 3 days to set up an appointment for second interview, got an answer beginning of the next week

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstrom? Describe a time when you had set a personal goal and didn't succeed   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email within 2 days saying i qualified. Then got a phone interview couple days later, the questions were fairly simple;(why Nordstrom and why should we hire you. then 2 in person interviews. I had 1 group interview and 1:1 with the store manager. Same questions were asked in all my interviews. Process took about 2 weeks.

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom (Bloomington, MN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online after being referred by two employees
    My application was pulled and I was called to schedule an in person interview
    After my interview, they scheduled a technique interview (this was for MAC)
    Three days later I had my techno interview, and I was offered the job the same day

Women's Apparrel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Nordstrom in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got an email for a phone screen interview. Set up the interview through their online process and got a call about 15 minutes after the time I set up. The woman that called me was not friendly and did not make me feel comfortable. Her voice was hard to understand and I had to ask her to repeat a question. The questions were extremely basic except for "Tell me about a time when you were compared with others" which didn't and still doesn't make much sense to me. I explained that I'm compared to others constantly at my current job and that it drives me to strive to do better then them and she replied by repeating the question, which threw me off. She also would leave too long of pauses after I answered questions and she kept apologizing for not being able to locate the job position I had applied for on her computer. Once she did locate it my hours didn't match what they were looking for, which doesn't make sense because I applied for a part time position and gave the standard part time hours, and so she suggested I apply to some of the other job openings in the company. Overall I felt she was passive aggressive, sounded bored, and was unorganized. The entire thing was weird, and I have gone through three retail job interview processes and been offered a job for all of them. This one I don't foresee me receiving an offer, but if I do I think I will decline. I like my current job much better.

Interview Questions

• All the questions people have been mentioning are in the phone screen will be in the phone screen   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about commission? What excites you about it? What do you foresee being a problem from it?   Answer Question
    • Why Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • What is your availability?   Answer Question