Nordstrom

Updated 26 Feb 2015
1,224 Interview Reviews

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Had to do three interviews, all of which they asked very similar, if not the same questions. Felt like a waste of time because they had written down all of my responses in every interview and it was like they didn't even read them before they did the next interview. I was so excited to work for this company but my third interview was difficult because the lady was so stern and emotionless. It was hard to have a conversation and be enthusiastic when the other person doesn't seem to care at all. Also, I went in for my third interview and nobody was there to interview me. Poor scheduling and overall just a waste of time. She said she would call me within 72 hours to let me know if I got the job. It hasn't been that long yet, but I already got a different job.

Retail Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I overanalyzed the video interview slightly, but it was fairly easy. It took about 20 minutes to complete through HireVue, and they contacted me immediately for an in-person interview which will be held this Friday. I'm extremely excited.

Interview Questions
    • They were simple interview question like explainiing a time I was in a difficult situation, why I want to work for Nordstrom, and can't remember the last one.   View Answer

Business Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

submitted resume and received an email to complete a video interview.
    The video interview took about 15 minutes and they asked 9 questions. After each question was asked, you had 30 seconds to come up with your best answer and video record yourself answering it. Once completed you could not retry or re answer the question.

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I had to apply 3x before getting an interview. I dumbed down my resume. Printed it on hot pink paper (applying for makeup sales) and finally got an interview. They spent maybe 3 minutes with me and said that they would get back to me. Asked me no questions of substance.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. The pay was set rate.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

It was a fairly standard interview process. After applying, I received a phone call asking them when I would be available for an interview. Once you get there, you meet with someone up front in their human resource department and wait to speak with the manager of whatever department you applied for. I worked for this company multiple times and one time for a different department I also had to have an interview with the Human Resources manager as well. Overall, it was a pretty common interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest, how aggressive are you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

Nordstrom set me up with an online interview which was followed up with an in store interview with HR and a department manager. During the interview I was asked basic interview questions, and was asked to sell a manager a product on the spot. Two weeks later I received a phone call letting my know I had been offered the internship.

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

I interviewed with the assistant cosmetics manager first. This was huge waste of my time. She asked me basic questions. I honestly think she thought I was applying for a beauty advisor position. She seemed surprised when I asked about the expectations of a counter manager. Then she said that all the manager positions were filled! (Then why was the application to become one still online and why was I asked to come in for an interview?) then she said that a manager position for laura mercier is in the works and that I may qualify for that. Then she left and I had to wait 20 mins to speak with the dept manager. She finally come and asked the same questions I just answered. I figured I would have to be the one to ask about the laura mercier position and when I did, she said they already have someone they were looking to hire.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online. A few days later I received an email for phone interview. It went well and I was invited in for a live one on one interview. The process was very typical and similar to any other retail sales interview. The live interview was also very typical and similar to any other retail sales interview.

Marketing/PR Corporate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nordstrom.

There was an online application and within a day they sent an invitation to complete a video using HireVue. It took about 20 min asking 8 questions giving you 30 seconds to prepare to answer the question given then 3 minutes to answer. Overall the interview was very laid back and easy to complete. I am still waiting to hear back for further steps.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to get out of this internship? Why Nordstrom? How does your background qualify for this position? What's important to you in the work place?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nordstrom.

Applied online. First interview was a video where you record yourself. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. The practice questions given were harder than the actual given ones.