North Carolina State University Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.6

Accounting Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a call if I could come in for an interview because I was out of town I suggest a Skype, FaceTime, or other video chat method. They worked with me, but because their wifi connection was not great it did end up being a phone interview. There were three people that was in on the call, all rotated questioning. Most of the question did come from the subject of "Name a time when..." or "What would you did if ____ was to occur?"

Interview Questions

• How do you manage multi tasking?
      Are you good with deadline?
      Explain situations from your last employer.
      What is your five year plan?
      What are your strengths and weakness?
      How well do you work with other?
      If you see someone slacking off what would you do?
      They then asked you if you had any questions?

Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Beware - backwards process. Hiring manager requested an interview with me; however, a background check and reference check had to be cleared first. I went in to fill out paperwork and speak with a general screening manager within the institution. After positive references and a cleared background check were complete, I never heard from them again. The screening manager said that the position was eventually filled. I never received an opportunity to meet with the hiring manager after all my personal information and references were tapped and stored in their database/filing system. The process was discouraging and a waste of time for not only myself, but my professional colleagues who dropped everything to deliver positive reviews with quick turnaround on my part. More over, it has been difficult to explain the negligence to my colleagues as they felt the position was a great fit.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

asking you about your reach experience, and talking about your research topic, to introduce your self.
    you should know your thesis very well and at least have some teaching experience,

Digital Communications Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone screen interview came from a girl who sounded like she was barely 17 years old; hardly old enough to conduct a serious job interview for an intermediate to middle management level position. This child repeatedly asked me the most inane questions - questions that are clearly there on the resume in front of her, that is IF she had bothered to even read it. Then made excuses for her lack of knowledge such as 'sorry, your resume was just now put in front of me.' Oh really? Because it's Monday now and you called me on Friday at 4:45pm (who calls to conduct new business at nearly 5pm on a Friday?) to schedule this phone interview. Then to top it off, this child began touting all the wonderful things about the position - things like a "really cool" cafeteria where you can get "free peanut butter and jelly sandwiches". No mention about the health benefits, the 401K, or any of the kind of important perks we actually NEED. I got so disgusted I interrupted the child in the middle of her gushing about pb&j sandwiches and told her she was wasting my time and hung up.

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted a few weeks later for an interview. Interview went well, mainly asked questions about previous experience and personality questions. Got the job on the spot after the interview.

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Talk with your PI. Just the standard apply process. He may ask you about your background, your motivation for research, papers you have published. The experience you gained from the past research work, etc. Overall, you should be sure about your interest before choosing an advisor and research field, because you will stick with it for 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Different for different areas. It is hard to provide any suggestions here.   Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

It is a short, straight-forward process. some of the questions are related to your tutoring experience, relationship with student athletes, ect..
    They offered me the position couple of days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me something from Statistic class?
      Do you have a friend or family who is a student athlete?

1 Answer

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Supervisor directly interviewed and hired on the phone, but waited for about one month to get the final offer, I did not ask for relocation fee and was asked to come to the campus and sign on the offer letter with HR. The hire was easy but the Lab is too small and supervisor told me that how many presentations, seminars and papers he needs to publish to maintain his status...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

did not negotiate at all

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at North Carolina State University.

Interview

After you've been at the graduate school for one or two years and finished the qualification test, you would be considered as a teaching assistant for the undergraduate students. You have to first participate some workshops, seminars to learn the basic teaching techniques.

Interview Questions

• When students ask something that has been bothering them, you should be able to come up with an answer at the moment. If it's inadequate, you will need to think it more afterwards, and get back to students with a full answer.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

My professor looked at my past experience, the grade I scored in his course and hired me. Getting a job as a GRA is too easy. Just need to be persistent.

Interview Questions

• Do you think your good at solidworks?   1 Answer