North Dakota State University

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Resident Assistant Interview

Resident Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Interview Details For this position, you apply for the position. There is a group interview and an individual interview. Everyone who applies gets to participate in both interviews. Both the hall directors and the current Resident Assistants will be observing the candidates so it's important to act professionally but not feel too pressured.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview is the group interview.   View Answer
  • The second part of the interview process is the individual interview. This is like a traditional interview. You will be interviewed by one or two hall directors and possible a current Resident Assistant.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Resident Assistants get hired based on who would be a good fit for the different halls. You don't have an option to pick which hall you work in (the only chance you have to pick you hall is during the interview when they ask you where you would prefer to be) or how much you are paid.

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist

I applied through college or university and interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Interview Details I never got interviewed as I was a former student at NDSU. I was working in the same lab as a lab assistant before, so every one knew me.

Interview Question – As I never got interviewed, no hard questions.   Answer Question

SALES CLERK Interview

SALES CLERK

Interviewed at North Dakota State University

Interview Details A very simple interview process. First, send in your application then you will get a phone call to set up an interview and then, well.... that is about it.

Interview Question – Have you read the employee hand book?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Research Specialist Interview

Research Specialist
Fargo, ND (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at North Dakota State University in February 2012.

Interview Details I was a grad student at the time and was the only person that applied to this position. The search committee was my doctoral committee plus a couple of colleagues. Although I knew I would get the job, they still conducted a very formal interview. Everyone was very professional but personal. I really appreciated this. I have been on 2 search committees for faculty positions and can say this is the norm in my department. I really like the way we conduct interviews here.

Interview Question – This was my first interview and I didn't know what to expect. There were not off-the-wall type of questions, but I remember being challenged. The most annoying question for me is always where do you see yourself in 10 years....   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Interview Details One interview with search committee of 7 individuals. Each takes turn asking questions and rates candidates, making a recommendation to the Director who has the final decision authority.

Interview Question – What are the seven aspects of wellness.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate while traveling on a business trip. Salary decisions where limited by Directors authority so a long process. I received more than offered however less than asked for.

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at North Dakota State University.

Interview Details Said the dean of engineering: "why do you even bother putting that on your resume?" In reference to applicant's college degree.

Interview Question – That --^ It caught me off guard, because it was surprisingly insulting.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the university was unwilling to negotiate my salary with me.

Very Easy Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Graduate Teaching Assistant
Fargo, ND (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at North Dakota State University in May 2009.

Interview Details No interview needed for this position. I got it based on my resume and transcript. I have talked to one of the in a conference and later by phone. They just need to see if you fit or not. If you do not they simply replace you with somebody else.

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at North Dakota State University

Interview Details Intern programming position at the university. Basic questions regarding process's and threads and databases. One white board question which involved using a linked list. Overall the interviewer was very nice and friendly. The manager liked me but thought I would fit better with a different group so I was shipped over to them.

Interview Question – Implemented a insertion / deletion / search on a linked list.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Fargo, ND (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at North Dakota State University in March 2011.

Interview Details just a phone interview and asked my previous working experiences

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at North Dakota State University in June 2010.

Interview Details phone, behavioral, technical

Interview Questions

Worked for North Dakota State University? Contribute to the Community!