Northrop Grumman

366 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Baltimore, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details Very smooth easy process. Met recruiter at a student leadership conference, referred me to apply online. I applied online and was contacted a couple weeks later for an initial phone screen where I was asked very simple questions ("Why do you want to work at Northrop?" etc, nothing strictly behavioral/technical but more of a just get to know/chit-chat with you. Might have been a special case because I had met the recruiter a couple times personally). Was told to expect a hiring manager to contact me within 3-4 weeks, but didn't hear back until 10-12 weeks later. I let them know I had another offer on the table and was scheduled for a phone interview the next day with panel (well, 2 people). They were direct potential bosses and asked about my previous work experience (they were very interested in my undergrad research which was relevant). Dug deep into my research work asking questions about it, but there were no random unrelated technical questions. Asked one or two behavioral questions. Everyone was super friendly and really nice all-around.

Interview Question – What would you do if you have a project deadline coming up, and a team-mate (who is the only one with the skills to complete his portion) has repeatedly said he would have his part done by "next week" but several weeks have passed and he has not finished yet?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I attempted to negotiate slightly higher based on another offer I had. Director of Talent Acq. for my sector met with me personally on a school visit and explained to me that offer was non-negotiable but they really wanted me to come on-board. Offer was definitely a fair offer though. Everyone was very friendly all-around

College Intern Technical Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details Phone Interview with a HR person and a Programmer

Interview Question – What do You Consider as Your Resources?   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Huntsville, AL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online through my college's career website. I heard from a recruiter two weeks later and did an on-site interview. The interview was typical. They asked about skills listed on my resume and a few behavioral question.

Interview Question – None. It was pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None needed.

Very Easy Interview

Stock Clerk Interview

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in January 2010.

Interview Details N/A

Negotiation Details – Contractor and Employer called me to tell me I could work there

Facilities Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details I applied online, and in about a month I received a call to set up a phone interview date and time. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and it was set-up conference style- with three people taking turns asking me questions. They explained what was required of me as an intern, and what a day-to-day looked like. Questions were very typical.

Interview Question – No questions were too difficult, the hardest for me is to explain a challenge I had and how did I overcome it.   Answer Question

Project Manager I Interview

Chester, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in April 2014.

Interview Details The entire process ran very smoothly. When I applied for the job online, I received a response in less than an hour asking me specific questions. After I emailed my responses back to the NG recruiter, I received an on-site interview request within 2 days. I then came onsite and met with 3 members of the Project Management team. Although I was nervous during my interview, they did there best to make it feel really relaxing and stress-free. The questions they asked were about my experience, they wanted to give an introduction about myself, they asked me standard behavioral questions and then gave me the opportunity to ask them questions. I asked them about NG's culture, What makes them get up everyday to come to work and I also asked them what there expectations of me, as a potential employee would be. After the interview was over, I made sure to email Thank You letters to each person that was in the interview. I also sent a copy of my resume to a person who was unable to join us during the interview. Even after all that, I still felt like I hadn't given the best presentation of myself. But, later that day, I received emails from the NG recruiter asking for more detailed information and I was also asked to complete some forms. After all of that, the recruiter later told me to ease my mind because they were in the process of getting an offer packet together for me. Of course, nothing is set in stone until you get details and receive something in writing. To make a long story short, I did receive a formal offer letter and will begin working with the company soon. In this review I wanted to be as detailed as possible because I know how it feels to come on this website, craving for information and people only put two sentences. I hope this will help somebody and Good Luck :-)

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. They were typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process. It was pretty much take it or leave, so i took it :-)

Head of Organizational Effectiveness Interview

El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in February 2014.

Interview Details Phone call with recruiter then face to face with manager.recruiter do a great job laying out what the manager was looking for. In the end it just wasn't a good fit for me. The role was too buried in their organization to really allow me to make a significant contribution.

Systems Engineer Interview

Redondo Beach, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in June 2010.

Interview Details Initial contact was at the college career fair. I was scheduled for a campus interview (UCLA) within the next week. And then I was contacted by a hiring manager at Space Park to come in for a panel interview about a couple weeks later. Interview was with 3 different engineers and engineering managers. Relatively easy questions, nothing too technical, mostly conceptual questions.

Interview Question – No question was too difficult. I was asked, "There are 2 different types of workers in the work force. Those who try to learn everything first, then attack their task, and others who bring their ideas to the project and learn as the project as they go while trying to applying their ideas. How would you come up to speed on this project?"   Answer Question

Java Developer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Northrop Grumman.

Interview Details The hiring process was very straight forward. I was provided information about the job and what I would be doing as an intern, then I was asked a few questions about my background. The interview ended with a tour of the building.

Interview Question – Have you worked with optimization?   Answer Question

Business Management Intern Interview

Redondo Beach, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Northrop Grumman in March 2014.

Interview Details Was called to schedule an in-person interview at Northrop.
Interview was conversational and straight-forward.

Interview Question – No very difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intern, so no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Northrop Grumman

Worked for Northrop Grumman? Contribute to the Community!

Northrop Grumman Videos

Northrop Grumman – Why Work for Us?

We invite you to learn more about Northrop Grumman’s varied businesses and our rich history of innovation. Northrop Grumman continues to manufacture some of the most cutting-edge technology and products. As a member of… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Northrop Grumman interview questions and advice. All 366 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Northrop Grumman employees and interview candidates.