Northwestern Mutual

Updated 26 Feb 2015
1,013 Interview Reviews

2.4

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Straight foreword interview, asked mostly questions about myself and why I'm interested. Mostly a behavioral interview with straightforward questions. No curveballs. I applied through the career website at my college and they got back to me within a couple of days. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. One of the easier interviews I've done. It was 30 minutes over the phone

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Very easy, basic questions about yourself, laid back. They did me three interviews. the first one was to know me. The second was with a financial advisor, to know the job and ask him questions. The third one you have to do a project.

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Two - three stage interview process where you are encouraged to give your previous work experience and describe yourself. You should show that you've done research on the company and do not be afraid to ask questions about the position. Be energetic and confident!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this internship?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

The process is smooth and comfortable. The whole interview is very much like a conversation. If you go the next round they will give you actual homework to do before the next one. Work usually involves going out and surveying people. Be ready to actually step out of your comfort zone and your house to land this job. The job is also mainly sales based so make sure that is something you want to do before you proceed.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are mainly behavioral. Almost no technical question.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Was chosen by a campus recruiter. They were extremely nice and outgoing. Everyone who works there is vey friendly and always willing to help you with anything you need. Great work environment and very flexible with school and other job schedules.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Submitted my application through referral. Quick turn around time and was scheduled for interview within one to two weeks. Very streamlined process.

One on one with a recruiter of that firm, extremely friendly and made you feel comfortable. Spoke a lot about the role and day to day activities. Followed by a walk through of my resume and then ended with a tour of their office.

Everyone in the firms seemed extremely friendly. Great culture vibe.

Interview Questions
    • Asked you to speak more in depth about your resume a lot.
      Asked why I would be a good fit for a position like this.
      Typical interview questions.

Answer Question

College Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

applied online herd back a few Weeks later. Got and interview and accepted the internship. Easy process because of high turnover and no one stays there I saw 4 ppl come and go durring my 3 month internship

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Asked me what are my ultimate goals in life, what were my acheivements, how did I learn from my previous mistakes in life, describing myself and my personality. All the questions where quite general and the interview was a good chunk of time, like 45 minutes but that was the first round and it was on the phone. Further interviews were in person and assigned us projects of who to call & your networks.

Interview Questions
    • See above, general interview questions, not really lots of surprises i'd say.   Answer Question

better off somewhere else.

Financial Representarive Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Applied online through a school website. One phone interview to filter out the candidates, very simple questions I did no prep. Second interview could be schedule in an office but since I was away at school it was another phone interview. Less than a week after that interview I got a response from them.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Northwestern Mutual.

Mine was three rounds and met with different branches. Not too difficult but they disguised the fact you're job is simply to sell life insurance to friends and family. The first round was behavioral and the second more just telling you what you'd be doing if you take the job.