Novell Interview Questions

Updated 25 Sep 2014
Updated 25 Sep 2014

2.9

Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell.

It was a campus selection procedure.Students from computer science and Electronics can apply for this.Around 120 students appeared in the first round.There were MCQs based on aptitude,OS,networking,microprocessors,c++ and 1 coding question (20 minutes to solve the code).
    13 students were selected for 2nd round.Mostly questions were from operating systems and algorithms.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in September 2014.

applied through elitmus, called for writtern test.
    rounds: written, techical rounds, hr.
    all are elimination rounds.
    around 200 members were called for written test and only 20 got selected for next round i.e for technical interview.
    and finally 2 members got selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2014.

Novell process consists of 3 rounds. 1st round was online test, questions were basically on quant, data structure, system software basics, compiler design. 2nd round was technical interview consists of coding round and 3rd round was HR .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Novell in April 2014.

Hi I attended Novell Interview on april, 2014. I had 6 rounds in total.

All the rounds were simple. They ask only the very basic questions
    1. Aptitude, verbal, technical (system concepts and coding snippets), Essay on open source was not required. [details about the questions are mentioned below]
    2. Programming interview.
    3. System concepts and testing concepts [how will u test a pen, tell us some test cases in ur project]
    4. Interview with Manager [other than technical questions]
    Since everybody was busy, my interview was moved to next day.
    5. Interview with Senior Manager [other than technical questions] - she was very kind.
    6. Interview with HR [She discussed about the company, benifts etc.]

Once you clear the first 2 rounds, you are almost selected.

Salary range 6 - 7 L for freshers. Value varies in between for candidates from PSG, NIT and others.

out of station candidates, if selected will get accomodation in a business class hotel for 15 days. They welcome you with big flower boquets etc.

This is for a full time employee through employee referal without any consultancies, contract, contigencies etc.

Novell is a very peaceful place to settle. Compared to many companies in bangalore, it has a very good work life balance. Sat and sun off. Good benefits. No work pressure. No timings. My managers are really kind.

Below are the questions i noted down after each rounds. All the best. :)

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Provo, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novell.

Communication leading up to the interview was professional and timely. The HR recruiter did a great job with a screening interview. The actual face-to-face interviews were both one-on-one with the hiring manager and the +1 manager. The team I managed interviewed me as a panel.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I would want to join the company as it was struggling.   View Answer
    There wasn't much negotiation. I was able to push toward the top of the range with HR before interviews. No movement after that.

Software Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Novell.

It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Questions
    • Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question
    Not much.

Technical Support Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Provo, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novell.

The interview process involved several expected levels. The people interviewing were professional, knowledgeable, and respectful. Started, as expected with phone interviews and then had a set of interviews first with the manager and then with a panel of team members.
    The questions asked covered the full spectrum. There were questions to test expected skill level and guage my ability to reason. There were also questions intended to show problem solving skills. And other questions meant to guage professionalism and team experience.

Interview Questions
    • No question seemed excessively difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allahabad (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allahabad (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2013.

Written test , 50 MCQ 1 coding question . Total Duration 90 min. 13 people were shortlisted out of 150 . 15 question for aptitude, 20 programming skills and 15 system concepts questions . Two rounds of interview . One is technical and second is HR . For technical interview there were 2 people in the panel . Difficulty was average . HR was 1:1 .

Interview Questions
    • Write c program for tail command which can support -F option .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Novell.

Written test of 70 mins.
    15 ques aptitude, 20 ques on OS and Networking, 15 Ques on C. All these questions were objective.
    There was one C program which was tough

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Novell in July 2013.

First Round - Aptitude,c basics,operating system,50 questions.Questions based on work,boat,interest.51 questions in all were given.50 MCQ's and 1 coding question

Interview Questions

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!