Novell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in January 2010.

Interview Details Comparatively easier, more technical, only two rounds of interview. need to bargain for salary, salary depends on the previous salary. Very straight forward. Some times director round is difficult. interviewers are friendly.

Interview Question – why should we hire you, what value add you bring it to the company   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Novell in April 2014.

Interview Details Hi I attended Novell Interview on april, 2014. I had 6 rounds in total.

All the rounds were simple. They ask only the very basic questions
1. Aptitude, verbal, technical (system concepts and coding snippets), Essay on open source was not required. [details about the questions are mentioned below]
2. Programming interview.
3. System concepts and testing concepts [how will u test a pen, tell us some test cases in ur project]
4. Interview with Manager [other than technical questions]
Since everybody was busy, my interview was moved to next day.
5. Interview with Senior Manager [other than technical questions] - she was very kind.
6. Interview with HR [She discussed about the company, benifts etc.]

Once you clear the first 2 rounds, you are almost selected.

Salary range 6 - 7 L for freshers. Value varies in between for candidates from PSG, NIT and others.

out of station candidates, if selected will get accomodation in a business class hotel for 15 days. They welcome you with big flower boquets etc.

This is for a full time employee through employee referal without any consultancies, contract, contigencies etc.

Novell is a very peaceful place to settle. Compared to many companies in bangalore, it has a very good work life balance. Sat and sun off. Good benefits. No work pressure. No timings. My managers are really kind.

Below are the questions i noted down after each rounds. All the best. :)

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst
Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Novell in April 2012.

Interview Details Great Interview Process. Really detailed questions that helped me to focus more clearly on the position's contribution to business goals.

Interview Question – Calculate the CPA for various social media channels.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Found a better company closer to home.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Provo, UT (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novell.

Interview Details Communication leading up to the interview was professional and timely. The HR recruiter did a great job with a screening interview. The actual face-to-face interviews were both one-on-one with the hiring manager and the +1 manager. The team I managed interviewed me as a panel.

Interview Question – I was asked why I would want to join the company as it was struggling.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. I was able to push toward the top of the range with HR before interviews. No movement after that.

SSE Interview

SSE
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novell in July 2010.

Interview Details Was asked about few basic linked list qns and pointer basics

Interview Question – Was asked to write a logic for deduplication   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After negotiation got sign-on bonus.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Provo, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Novell in April 2010.

Interview Details Initial application and contact was very quick. The Director of Product Management himself did the first rounds of interviews to filter more quickly and not wait for recruiters to filter. After the first interview, the second round was a week or so later. Then a long wait.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Novell?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was limited--my boss was great and came in at the max offer point.

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Novell.

Interview Details It was pleasant experience interviewing for Novell. There were 2 rounds of technical interview followed by couple of managerial & HR interviews based on which I got the offer. The technical rounds were focused on Coding. The interviewers expected you to write Java/C++ code. They expected in depth knowledge on OS & Networking.

Interview Question – Which data structure would you use for storing duplicate key value pair.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Novell in September 2010.

Interview Details 1. Written

Written questions includes 5 sections i. Aptitude ii. OS&Networks iii. Data Structure iv. Java v. C&C++

But while verifying they skip Aptitude part. So you have to score good in technical sections

2. F2F(2 rounds)

- First round was a 1 hr Java F2F. The interviewer asked almost everything from Java. So nothing to mention here. Almost every thing he asked me.

- Second F2F was more brain storming. The interviewer asked many data structure(basic of linked list, tree etc) questions, OS questions like thread, process. Some good java design related questions.

Mind it Whatever position it is, Novell interview gives more emphasis on data structure and algorithms.

Interview Question – 1. You have some classes like A, B, C . Which all classes can class D extend ?

2. Produce Consumer problem using concurrency ?

3. A lot of questions "static" in java.

4. Reverse of singly linked list. BST.

5. Stack implementation

6. Deadlock, process & thread

7. Create your own immutable object

8. How HashMap works.

9. Serialization specially how Externalizable works.

10. How to synchronize static class objects.
  Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer III Interview

Technical Support Engineer III
Provo, UT (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novell.

Interview Details The interview process involved several expected levels. The people interviewing were professional, knowledgeable, and respectful. Started, as expected with phone interviews and then had a set of interviews first with the manager and then with a panel of team members.
The questions asked covered the full spectrum. There were questions to test expected skill level and guage my ability to reason. There were also questions intended to show problem solving skills. And other questions meant to guage professionalism and team experience.

Interview Question – No question seemed excessively difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Allahabad (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Novell in August 2013.

Interview Details Written test , 50 MCQ 1 coding question . Total Duration 90 min. 13 people were shortlisted out of 150 . 15 question for aptitude, 20 programming skills and 15 system concepts questions . Two rounds of interview . One is technical and second is HR . For technical interview there were 2 people in the panel . Difficulty was average . HR was 1:1 .

Interview Question – Write c program for tail command which can support -F option .   Answer Question

Worked for Novell? Contribute to the Community!