Nutrisystem Interview Questions

Updated 10 Jul 2014
Updated 10 Jul 2014

Senior Weight Loss Counselor & Social Media Liaison At Nutrisystem Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nutrisystem.

It was well thought out and clear. It was quick as well. I was able to tour the facility, meet a few employees and get a good sense of the work environment

Easy and detailed

Anonymous Interview

Meeting with multiple people, application process, Background drug test, personality assessment, phone screen for skills testing.Open ending questions. Tour of the department. It was fairly easy, no crazy questions that caught be off guard.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nutrisystem in December 2013.

The interview process is done in a streamlined fashion where you go through initial HR department, then a floor manager, then Supervisor (whether Weight counselor or any one of the supervisors) and then the rest of the communication is done through email. the hiring is focused through the busiest part of the "Diet Season" which lasts from (approx) November till May.

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nutrisystem in June 2012.

After two interviews I was brought on as a contractor. The interviewer was prepared and very clear about the job requirements. I'm more than qualified to do the job, when I asked about different responsibilities, I was assured that there were no chances of moving to a different team.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was more about me giving a presentation than answering questions. I think because of the small team I was entering, the real test was wether or not my personality was the right fit. In the end I was chosen for a full time position.   Answer Question
    Fairly straight forward, I proposed an number and was given a fair deal.

Weight Loss Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Washington, PA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nutrisystem in September 2009.

I was given a phone interview with the human resource representative. Online testing was done at home where I logged into a site that tested my proficiency on MS Office products. The tests offered a tutorial that went over all the necessary skills needed to pass the test. The personality test consisted of multiple choice and true and false questions. Those covered issues relating to customer service and adherence to company policy. For example, "The customer is always right. T/F" and "If a manager asks you to do something that is against company policy will you: a) Do it, b) Report them, c) Tell them you will do it and then not do it.
    I also had a 1:1 interview with the human resource representative and one with the department head. Both were very conversational and there was no pressure to give the "right" answer. They genuinely wanted to find people who were motivated to do the job and who wanted to stay there. The company invested a lot of time in training and coaching, so they wanted people who intended to stay with the job.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked if I would find the transition from a computer tech background to counseling too difficult. It was a fair question and I answered as honestly as I could. The HR rep just wanted to know if I would get bored and want to leave, or find the position challenging enough.   View Answer
    I knew the hourly rate at the outset, and they were firm on that. However, I was able to negotiate a 2nd shift schedule that allowed me to make a $1 more an hour. I was also able to negotiate my shift hours as well as my days off.