OMD

Very Easy Interview

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD in March 2010.

Interview Details The HR department was extremely kind and moved rather fast to get in me to meet the right people. All individuals were very engaging and made me feel very comfortable. Overall it was a great experience.

Interview Question – The most difficult question included scenarios pertaining to difficult clients and how I would manage them. It's always hard to speak poorly of past experiences in a job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was great. HR moved fast and was able to accommodate my requests.

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details Met with a variety of teams, was asked standard interview questions throughout.

Interview Question – Where do you think digital media is headed in the next five years?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details After submitting a resume, a representative from HR contacted me on the phone asking to discuss my work experience. Following the initial conversation with HR, they then have you come in and speak with members of the team that has the vacant position. I spoke individually with four different team members, each a higher level than the other. The questions were primarily fit related, which may have been unique to me as an entry-level candidate.

Interview Question – How would you design a media plan for peanut butter?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Administrative Analysis Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email back within a week. They were very easy to work with. My resume was passed along quickly and I felt welcome. I a quick couple of phone interviews before heading into the one-one interview. The questions were basic and asked lots of situational questions.

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD in May 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was generally positive. The HR Director was quick to respond, followed up and a delight to work with. I spoke with 3 team members on the account that I was interviewing for. Questions made sense for the interview, there was nothing too difficult that caught me off guard. Very standard. All 3 people were easy to talk to and it seems like a great work environment.

Interview Question – What is your favorite command on excel?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.

Interview Question – What was your favorite part of your past job?   View Answer

Assistant Strategist, Digital Interview

Assistant Strategist, Digital

Interviewed at OMD

Interview Details Three 30 minute interviews. Each interviewer had his or her own interview style. One was more traditional in asking to go through various experiences I had listed on my resume. One was more animated and asked some more random questions about life outside of work experiences. One was quicker and only had two simpler questions.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself that you haven't yet told to the other two interviewers.   Answer Question

Junior Strategist Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at OMD in February 2011.

Interview Details OMD is a part of a giant entity so my ability to get an interview was of course through a personal friend. I doubt if large corporate companies take the time to filter though every resume that comes to their main websites.

I had three interviews in one day. Two with the immediate associates I would be supporting on that account and one with the Lead over the account.
The interview was straight forward and didn't present many riddles or thought bending questions. Mainly just,
why do you want to work here,
tell me about your past experiences.
Describe a time when you had to work under pressure
What are your weaknesses..etc.

Interview Question – The most difficult thing was not getting the job and hearing that the reason I didn't get it was because the decision makers felt my past experiences were too colorful, creative and worldly. So in turn they felt I wouldn't put my heart and joy into being a number counting media planner. My close connection let me know that it would have been better to spend my experiential and creative passions could have been held back a little more.   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OMD in April 2013.

Interview Details I was contacted by an HR manager for an interview about a week and half ago. I met with multiple Strategists and Account Directors for roughly 45 minutes. They all seemed smart and upbeat about their jobs. I was asked the usual questions for an interview. For example, "what are your likes? What is Media? How do you feel about Digital Media?" and so forth. The interview was decent enough.

They told me they would make a quick decision within a weeks times but when i attempted to follow up, I was ignored by the HR manager. I still have not received a response to my email and its going on 3 days without response.

Interview Question – What do you think about Digital Media?   Answer Question

Assistant Digital Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OMD in March 2013.

Interview Details Very straight-forward process, which is refreshing in a market where employers are paranoid. The HR director was very nice. If you get a call for an interview - make it count! It is a great company and one of the best places to work for young people.

Interview Question – Very in-depth questions about your role on particular jobs, prepare well in advance.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for OMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OMD interview questions and advice. All 33 interview reviews are posted anonymously by OMD employees and interview candidates.