Office Depot

Updated 17 Nov 2014
Updated 17 Nov 2014

2.2

Account Manager II Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

Fairly simple with the Sales Manager of the region. I received my first call from the recruiter. She had found my resume online on Monster. She phoned and we spoke at length. Then she setup and interview with the local manager. This took only a week or so. The interview was simple and lasted about 30 minutes. I received an offer letter about 1 week following the interview.

The first offer was acceptable

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Office Depot.

I went in the store and asked for an application, the manager told me to apply online then call the store and as for her. I did that and I was called back two days later, went in for an interview the next week, it was pretty easy, be yourself. Plus the manager was pretty cool. Hired on the spot, started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic. Nothing to be afraid of. Ex: What would you do if you gave an Idea to a customer and they said no... something like that.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Developer Interview

Headhunter contact me and prepare for interview. phone call interview, writing exam. Interview for twice, questions including multi-threading, ajax, jquery, database, JAVA architecture, java IO, Java Exceptions, Stringbuilder, JSP, servlet, Struts.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Office Depot.

Started by submitting application, I didn't hear anything back after 5 days and happened to stop by their location on a whim, I figured I was in the neighborhood and it'd have been a great opportunity to display my initiative for the job. I spoke with a store manager and he scheduled an interview for the next day. During the initial interview I was impressed by how well it went, I was asked hypotheticals and a lot about my background. It went awesome. He did me a huge favor by helping me get in touch with a store closer to home. An hour later I received a telephone call from said location and they wanted to set up another interview the next day. It was considered my second interview and it went exceptionally well. More questions about work history, asked to give examples of how I've demonstrated so and so, more hypotheticals. It all went smoothly and was offered the job on the spot. I enjoyed the interview process. Office Depot knows what they're doing.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example about a time in which you've tried your hardest to succeed and meet expectations but failed.   Answer Question
    I'm in line for a few more interviews this week, but I'm more than interested and enthused in joining the Office Depot Team. They seem like great, exceptional people.

Sales Associate Interview

There was a brief and friendly interview that mostly concentrated on what skills I could bring to the company. The remainder of the interview was mostly concentrated on the history and culture of the company, their dedication to customer service and the position of the company among its direct national competitors and the achievements of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of personal resourcefulness in a customer service situation.   Answer Question
    A salary was offered and I accepted it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot.

I went into the store and asked for an application. They let me use a computer to fill it out in the store. Unlike most places the employees were happy to see another person applying. I got a call about a week later and they asked me to come back to the store for an interview.

The interviewer was the manager but he wasn't the one in-charge of hiring. The second interview is when you speak to the person in charge of hiring. He was pretty cool guy. We blew through the questions and chatted a little bit. He was honest with me and told me he was happy with everything but the hiring manager was unlikely to take me because I had zero experience in selling. Which I saw coming. After that we talked about sushi and I asked him for advice on some other things like interviewing do's and don'ts. He really opened my eyes to somethings. Didn't get the job but it was a positive experience.

Sales Consultant I Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Office Depot.

The interview process was pretty easy. I was called to take a test at the store. A few days after that, I got another call for the first interview. The manager I interviewed with was nice and outgoing and did most of the talking. There's a standard list of questions they have to go through. He even said, "I know some of these are kind of dumb but... I have to ask..." They were pretty general questions. "Why do you want to work for us?" A few days after that interview, I received a call from the store manager. He asked me to come in for a second interview. I had just moved from several states to the area. He wanted to make sure I wasn't going to move back. He asked more specific questions but they weren't difficult either. Things like, "Describe a time you had an issue with a coworker and how did you resolve it?" He offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. They told me what I would be making an hour and I could accept or decline.

Logistics Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Office Depot in September 2014.

Responded to an online post for a Morning Freight Logistics position at Office Depot. The process overall was easy, the personnel were polite, and it wasn't a stressful experience. I expect this is because it wasn't truly a logistics position, they were trying to class up the position by calling it morning freight logistics. It was a position for a shelf stocker, who would show up early in the morning and move inventory onto shelves.

I was extremely overqualified for the position, and only went to the interview based on the job title. Title did not match duties.

Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Office Depot in September 2014.

Assistant interviewed me and told me I was recommended for second interview. Never received the second interview at all. The manager just changed her mind. Misleading me and I was very qualified for the position. Also they seemed eager to have you there but that was not true either, because they never gave me a chance at what I know I could do.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Office Depot.

Phone screen for manager and then invitation for 1-day event to meet with management, and then job offer would follow. Typically anything below VP-level is a one-day and done decision. Typically 3 individuals interview and collaborate. This is based on legacy OMX policy - no idea new ODP policy for interview protocol as have not been able to source or hire since merger.

Interview Questions
    • Ability to deal with start up of limited insight and data - and how I would deal with a situation   Answer Question
    Vacation - added a week.