OfficeMax ImPress Associate Interview Questions

Updated 8 Mar 2015

2.0

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Interviewed by shift Supervisor first as a one-on-one interview, then came back the following day for a second interview with the Store Manager and Supervisor together, with the Store Manager asking most of the questions. The interview with the Supervisor was more in depth and took longer. Both interviews were average and I wasn't made to feel nervous or intimidated. They want to make sure you have retail experience working with customers and are comfortable in a fast paced work environment with many customers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

General Interview process and question first phone interview and then a one on one interview with manger and store manager. Questions around flexible schedule working on weekends, holidays and big season for them is "back-to-school" sale in August.

low pay

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OfficeMax (Sacramento, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online through the company website. The next day, I went down to the store with my resume and talked with the hiring manager. We set up a face to face interview the next week. The face to face interview went really well. The manager said they would let me know if they have an offer for me in a couple of days. Right on time, the hiring manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your skills from previous jobs will apply to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered Max rate per hour

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Filled out the online application and then about 3 months later I get called for an interview for the next day. The manager seemed kinda desperate but that's okay he was cool. It wasn't really a formal interview as no interview questions were asked. He really loved my resume and never auctually gave me a chance to talk being he was so excited to hopefully have me on his team.I got hired the same day during the interview and we didn't talk about wages. My advice to you is make a resume that stands out (make one in photoshop) and learn how photoshop works that also a big role in getting me the job. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• the only question I was asked was tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't discuss wages.

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Interview process was very basic. Simply asked about my background, if I was going to school, what I want to achieve further in life, if I was comfortable working in a retail atmosphere.

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

Interview

They asked a bunch of questions on how I would handle a multitude of situations; teamwork, stress, independance.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to sell a random object in the room to him.   Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Low pay, lack of training, management doesn't care and you have to clean the bathrooms

Interview Questions

• Can you print this now because I was lazy and waited until the last minute   1 Answer

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

The hiring interview process was very easy. They ask you if you are in this scenario, what would you do.. They also promote you to upsell stuff even if its not logical to the customers needs, which sometimes they get offended.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are pretty common questions. See Above.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Horrible, straight up lied to me.

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Went through simple interview process, and answeed the scenarios that the interviewer asked me, and was hired pretty quickly after it.

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OfficeMax (Sterling Heights, MI (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Walked in the store, and they had me sit in the furniture section of the store. I sat down at a chair and desk and waited for the manager to come interview me. He walked in and said my name and shook my hand. He pulled up a seat and got started. (He seemed very friendly and was not intimidating at all when we started.) He began off with telling me "okay we're just going to ask you a few questions and take some notes, and do not worry, we are not judging you!" as he said with a smile. Which made me feel comfortable. He also had a copy of my resume in front of him, and he asked me questions regarding that(really easy questions, like school schedule and previous work experience). He asked me the questions, asked me how many hours I would like, and asked about my availability. He also told me he is multi-training people to work different areas of the store. It was a quick 15 minute interview and basically I was told I had the job. Oh, and he had me "sell" him something. I laughed and smiled and made it sound good, he handed me a pack of glue sticks to sell, and it was casual and he said it was good. Simple interview, nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you trusted someone. How did that turn out? Did you ever have someone betray your trust?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time you worked in a team.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you took initiative beyond what was expected of you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to get a difficult project done on time and how did you successfully complete it?   1 Answer
    • I want to test your selling skills. Something easy. Here: *hands pack of glue sticks*   1 Answer

Negotiation

The manager said "You will be getting paid 8.50 an hour, so once the drug test comes back okay consider yourself hired." I didn't even bring up negotiation, but it sounded like you can negotiate how many hours you want to work.