OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015

2.4

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Interviewed by shift Supervisor first as a one-on-one interview, then came back the following day for a second interview with the Store Manager and Supervisor together, with the Store Manager asking most of the questions. The interview with the Supervisor was more in depth and took longer. Both interviews were average and I wasn't made to feel nervous or intimidated. They want to make sure you have retail experience working with customers and are comfortable in a fast paced work environment with many customers.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

non-behavior based questions. Worked there on contract through an agency. Stayed with OM over a year. A great place to work before it was merged with Office Depot. I pass the building daily and it sits empty.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranston, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OfficeMax (Cranston, RI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The Manager asked me about previous work history, availability and if I went to school. Then he asked some questions about how I would handle customers, working with technology, going from cashier to the floor, cleaning, what I would do if I saw someone stealing. Then after the interview he had me sign papers for a background check and once those goes through I will get a call for orientation.

Interview Questions

• How To Handle An Irate Customer?   1 Answer
    • If you see an employee take a drink from the fridge to the locker room without paying, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Would you move something around without being told?   1 Answer
    • Are you good with technology?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OfficeMax in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, a week later got a call to come to interview at the store. Interview with the store manager and the assistant manager with another candidates at the same time. They ask general interview questions and situation questions. Toke about 45 mins for the whole thing. It was harder than other people I have read online

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at OfficeMax?
      Tell me about yourself?
      How would you sell items in the store?
      How to build trust with other employees?
      How to handle angry customers?
      How to deal with irresponsible employees?
      Did you ever take initiative in a situation?
      How did you over a problem?

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax (Humble, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

About a week after applying online I received a call requesting that I come in for an interview, on that very same day. I showed up, had no difficulty or confusion about figuring out who to talk to or what I needed to do. The hiring manager was very friendly. He basically said I was hired so long as my background check clears. Very positive exoerience all-around.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement or upset a customer, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you'd be a good fit for Office Max?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

First interviewed with a Store Manager that contacted me by phone. Then interviewed with 3 Assistant Managers at a Job Fair 2 days later. Filled out consent for Background check & was advised that I would be hearing from them soon to let me know what location I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this desk...
      Position expectations / explained requirements
      Asked many questions about previous employment / work experiences

Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

General Interview process and question first phone interview and then a one on one interview with manger and store manager. Questions around flexible schedule working on weekends, holidays and big season for them is "back-to-school" sale in August.

low pay

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

Interview

I completed the online. It took about an hour. A few days later, I received a phone call from a manager. He asked me a few questions about my retail experience. He asked me to come to the store for an interview. I interviewed 1:1 with one of the manager. The interview took about 20 minutes. A few days later, he called to offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't too difficult, but you might be asked to demonstrate how you would sell one of their products.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I filled put the application online after seeing a job posted on a job listing website. I was called into an interview about a week later and was offered the job the following day. The interview was just basic question about past work experience.

Interview Questions

• What was something you had to do that you disagreed with and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was called & asked if I was still interested in the position.

Print Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OfficeMax (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Before being offered an interview, there is a 50-100 question survey that you must take. It's fairly easy, it is just time consuming. Then you are called by the store manager and asked to come in for an interview. Dress business casual to business professional. They should have a copy of your resumé already printed out before you get there, but it wouldn't hurt to bring one yourself.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with an unhappy customer?   1 Answer