Ohio State University Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
55 interviews

2.7

Assistant Professor Interview

I interviewed for the position four months after submitting application (cover letter, CV, research statement, teaching statement- ~15 pages in total). I received the offer a few weeks after the interview and was officially hired after negotiations after another two weeks. I started work a few months later. The entire process was about eight or nine months from the time I applied to my start date.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ohio State University.

I applied online and was granted an in person interview. Everyone was extremely kind and welcoming. I sat with three of the leadership team and had a fine conversation. They asked me questions and allowed me to ask questions of them. Very friendly, much more conversational than I expected.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was their interest in my travels from my business semester abroad, which had been noted on my application. It wasn't particularly difficult, rather it caught me off guard that it would be of interest to them.   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ohio State University in May 2010.

This is extremely hard to say, as there appears to be no valid process since about a year ago, when an unqualified "Lecturer" was put in charge as "Director". He seems to care about only 2 things to hire someone: 1) you should be a tech wizard, and 2) you should "like" him (or at least appear to). Unbelievable, right? That's what all of the older personnel say...

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ohio State University in August 2013.

It was extremely simple. I applied online, and sent my chief of staff an email with the copy of my resume and a cover letter. In about two weeks, I had received an email to set-up an interview. My interview was on a Wednesday, and I knew by the following Monday whether I was hired of not.

Interview Questions
    • In all honesty, the questions were extremely simple. It was team-building based, since student staff always works together. They wanted to see whether or not we were truly interested in the job or not. Overall, extremely simple. I would not worry at all. Just be yourself and show interest.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ohio State University.

Inperson interview with the Chair of the department, another faculty member and a rep from HR. Lasted about an hour. Was offered the position three days later after they checked my references.

Did not negotiate

Ag Tech I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wooster, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wooster, OH (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Ohio State University in August 2010.

the interview and hiring process is slow! Took a month after i sent in my resume to get an interview, then another month before I found out I had the job. The interview was a laid back one, with just 2 other people. But I have been to a few other interviews with the university where there were more than 5 people in the room.

was none

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

It was cool. No hard questions. To the point. work related only

Interview Questions
    • What additional non-research based responsibilites can you handle   Answer Question

Graduate Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Ohio State University in June 2011.

on-site interview and a phone interview

Research Assistant Interview

We just had a conversation and dicusssed the future and how we will proceed. Went through a demo after. It was easy. Was kinda surprised by it.

Climbing Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

interviewed at Ohio State University in August 2012.

I emailed the coordinator my resume and cover letter. It definitely helps to know someone who already works there, but it's still very possible to be hired if you don't. Usually two people interview you, but sometimes a 3rd (I know from experience). Very laid back, don't be afraid to make jokes.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a difficult task you were faced with and how you overcame it. What did you learn from your experience?   Answer Question

Worked for Ohio State University? Contribute to the Community!