Omnicom Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

2.2

Treasury Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omnicom.

Was contacted by recruiter for position. They gave me a background on the job and company to prepare. I then had an in person interview with a team member going over more details about the company, position, etc. Asked me about my resume, past experiences, schooling. Basically was to see if they could deal with me on a daily basis and get along with the team members. No difficult questions, very relaxed. A few days later, the recruiter called me and let me know that I'd be having a phone interview with the head of the group. That was basically a get to know you as well.

Interview Questions
    Very little ability to negotiate, all members of equal rank get same compensation

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Omnicom in September 2011.

Why should we hire you?

No negotiation phase

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Omnicom in March 2012.

Attended an open house located in their Atlanta offices. After a brief tour of the office the 20+ interviewees spoke with several HR personell in a speed dating fashion. It was very casual and mostly unorganized. Several weeks after the open house I withdrew my application from consideration. It turns out that no one was selected for the Summer '12 fellowship. It was a real disappointment since it probably would have been a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many difficult questions - just a general open house.   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

The process consisted of two or three in person interviews with several members of the team. It was very casual and the interviewers handled most of the talking. Perhaps I should have interacted with them more because I was not offered a position at the company despite handling the interview better than I normally do.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me the toughest situation I had encountered at my previous job   Answer Question

Search Engine Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Omnicom in April 2012.

The phone interview was relaxing and easy.

Search Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fairfax, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Omnicom in August 2010.

The interview was extremely informal and casual. I chatted with one person on the phone while they were at home and for the in person interview the other person sat cross legged in a chair wearing jeans and a sweater. It felt more like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions
    The process was fairly quick and I ended up receiving a higher salary as a result.

Production Artis Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Omnicom in October 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter and was told that my resume was reviewed and MAL wanted to meet with me. I met with the head of recruiting in the exterior lobby of the building for 10 minutes and was thanked and it was over. I thought I must have botched the interview but was called back that day for another interview the following week. This time I was able to meet in an exterior conference room outside of the main lobby (but still not in the "secret" working area where you have to give up your cell phone to enter). I met with the head of print production and the Studio manager. I was asked to interview again to meet the production team and we reviewed my skills. They expressed a concern that I'd want to "contribute creatively" and that I should not consider that as an option as a production artist. They also explained how every Tuesday they work until 2:00am and I should be aware of that. They contacted me a week later and said I was still in the running, then a week later they contacted me and said I was no longer in the running, but they had not made a selection. I've never seen such a complicated way to interview for a production artist position. Normally if the skills match the employer brings on the individual as a freelancer for a period of time to see if there is a fit and if there is job offers/negotiations begin. I found the experience odd, but not unpleasant.

Project Manager Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Omnicom in September 2008.

A headhunter contacted me and did 1 round of screening. Once the profile was deemed a good match by her, I was sent down to the hiring manager for a 1 hour behavior interview. Then 2 days later, I was sent to have another 1:1 with division head. Got the offer on the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Will you pursuing an MBA shortly after you start with us?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Omnicom in May 2008.

I basically was interviewed over the phone by the HR recruiter, then brought in to meet with the manager and then the team lead. I was then brought back to speak with the manager and then the VP of the department. Each time it was important that I present myself in a professional & comfortable manor relying on the confidence in my skills and knowledge that I ahd the ability to provide what they needed.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest thing you have had to tell a user "no" for?   Answer Question
    • What is the worst thing that has happened to you in IT?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Omnicom in March 2009.

Company did not take a serious initiative in planning a structured interview process-which may be primarily with this branch of the organization. I fully paid my own transportation costs (flights, rental cars, etc.) two times to meet with the company in person. At both in-person interviews there was no set 'job description' or even vague list of daily activities. Office is very small, staff seemed hassled by the interview process. After two weeks of attempting followup, no offer given. Initial phone interview with Chicago office was pleasant, but also did not result in company followup or initiative. I would be very hesitant now to join the organization, and suggest proceeding with caution. Again, I stress that this was an interview with one branch of the company-and may not be an overall reflection.

Interview Questions
    • No questions given regarding actual job duties- just made my own presentation.   Answer Question

Worked for Omnicom? Contribute to the Community!