OpenText

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internal Sales Executive Interview

Internal Sales Executive
Preston, North West England, England

I applied through another source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details 1. Telephone Interview (questions about previous position, expected salary)
2. Face to face interview with the Team Leader(informal, questions about previous work experience, educational background)
3. Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager (formal, typical questions)

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Reading, England

I applied through another source and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Interview Details Not applicable. The "Hiring" process is usually by aquireing your current employer

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Senior Technical Consultant
Reading, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2012.

Interview Details Had applied directly to the company via a linkedin ad. The Recruitment Team contacted me within 2 days, had a fairly long chat on current work (non technical), compensation etc. Was told that they will contact again if needed.

Got a call from the Recruitment team again (within a few days I believe) and attended a face-to-face interview with the manager of the team. The interview was at their office, went for about an hour and a half. It was more of a casual conversation about the work I have done, rather than a strict formal interview - and this really made a big difference.

Got a call from the Recruitment team again (within a week) and attended another face-to-face interview with the a member of the team, the manager and the HR. Was told to do a presentation on a recent deployment I had done with emphasis on architecture, was told to showcase technical documentation or articles I have written. The HR had some standard questions like the motivation behind joining the company etc. The manager also asked some interesting "people" questions about my interaction with customers. All in all, the interview lasted about an hour and half, and went quite well.

Got a call from the Recruitment team within a few days and we discussed about offers. Exactly a month after I applied, they made an offer.

Interview Question – Though not unexpected by any means, there were questions on 'generalizing' my life, which I am not good at ("How would your colleagues describe you"?) answering. The technical part was very straightforward - there were no challenges at all, and the questions centred around architecture (eg: Extended ECM), deployment methods, lessons learned, modules used, work done on customization etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had an initial call to discuss numbers. When I told what I was expecting, I got a straight answer that they wont be interested in going forward. Was asked a number below which I will say NO to the offer and was offered exactly what I put there.

On hindsight, I should stuck to a higher number, but hey, hindsight doesnt carpe diem!

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details Aggressive timeline, aggressive recruiters, with a thorough process. met with 3 levels fo the company, and multiple functions. It was most interesting to talk to other sales people abotu what it takes to be successful there.

Interview Question – "what would people say about you that you would be surprised by?"   Answer Question

Customer Support Technician Interview

Customer Support Technician
North York, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Question – this was 15 years ago, I do not remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

Intern Interview

Intern
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at OpenText in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. The 1st round was Aptitude+Technical based online test.
The 2nd round was Technical round in which they ask questions relationg to the projects,java,SQL(most questions).

Interview Question – All the questions were easy.
The questions on SQL were tricky to solve.They ask questions on BCNF and Transaction Concurrency.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Prepare well for the interview and do not reject the offer. You may have offers from several consultancy companies but you can't get a better place than in OpenText. Here you will be paid and moved up based on your performance. If it is great, you can a lot of bucks than you would if you were in a consultancy company.

Very Easy Interview

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in May 2012.

Interview Details Went through 5 interviews and one face to face. Process was pretty simple, meet with hiring manager, spoke with members of his team and senior management. Whole process took 15 days.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for OpenText   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied via LinkedIn, a week later got an email request for a phone interview. Booked interview for 2 days later. HR was very responsive to my emails. I was quite pleased with the professionalism of the HR recruiter. Phone interview lasted about 20 mins. Began by giving a general overview of the position and duties associated with it. Then moved on to discussing my skill set as it pertains to the position. Recruiter was open to answering any questions I had. Also general HR questions such as are you legally entitled to work in Canada, salary expectations. Call ended with recruiter advising me that she would present my candidacy to the hiring manager and would be in touch in a week.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details 5 interviews

Interview Question – How much you want to make? How much you are making now? You have to answer or you will not get hired.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Senior Graphic Designer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview: hiring agency. After I passed that phase I came in for an interview with the team lead and a senior designer. Once passed that came in for a production test, once passed that I was interviewed by the team to show my portfolio. Then hired (1mth process)

Interview Question – Wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. Salary was above average at the time of initial hiring. Vacation was generous, benefits, great.

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!