OpenText Interview Questions

2.6

Internal Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Preston, North West England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at OpenText.

1. Telephone Interview (questions about previous position, expected salary)
    2. Face to face interview with the Team Leader(informal, questions about previous work experience, educational background)
    3. Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager (formal, typical questions)

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Not applicable. The "Hiring" process is usually by aquireing your current employer

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2012.

Had applied directly to the company via a linkedin ad. The Recruitment Team contacted me within 2 days, had a fairly long chat on current work (non technical), compensation etc. Was told that they will contact again if needed.

Got a call from the Recruitment team again (within a few days I believe) and attended a face-to-face interview with the manager of the team. The interview was at their office, went for about an hour and a half. It was more of a casual conversation about the work I have done, rather than a strict formal interview - and this really made a big difference.

Got a call from the Recruitment team again (within a week) and attended another face-to-face interview with the a member of the team, the manager and the HR. Was told to do a presentation on a recent deployment I had done with emphasis on architecture, was told to showcase technical documentation or articles I have written. The HR had some standard questions like the motivation behind joining the company etc. The manager also asked some interesting "people" questions about my interaction with customers. All in all, the interview lasted about an hour and half, and went quite well.

Got a call from the Recruitment team within a few days and we discussed about offers. Exactly a month after I applied, they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Though not unexpected by any means, there were questions on 'generalizing' my life, which I am not good at ("How would your colleagues describe you"?) answering. The technical part was very straightforward - there were no challenges at all, and the questions centred around architecture (eg: Extended ECM), deployment methods, lessons learned, modules used, work done on customization etc.   Answer Question
    Had an initial call to discuss numbers. When I told what I was expecting, I got a straight answer that they wont be interested in going forward. Was asked a number below which I will say NO to the offer and was offered exactly what I put there.

On hindsight, I should stuck to a higher number, but hey, hindsight doesnt carpe diem!

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Murrieta Hot Springs, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in September 2014.

Within the scope of Job seeking, Process is very easy as you go online or You can also move to the company to fill forms. Managers are really communicative and will provide any information encouraging you to go online to apply and call.
    Interview process is really interesting and may undergo a rigid communicative skill and experience of the interviewee or employee. Since the employer have to make sure he is choosing the right person.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are twofold sometimes. They may concern the company itself or about your perspective for the company.   View Answer

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waterloo, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in June 2010.

Excellent detailed multi level interview. I was very excited by the interview process and thrilled by the people I met. Need I say more? The people were all friendly and helpful. In all cases they treated me very well and I was encouraged to join the company,

Straightforward

Lead Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at OpenText.

General interview process. .. nothing outstanding. Mostly standard questions were asked and they covered the complete experience and skills that are listed in our resume. Should be easy enough to tackle these interviews though.

Interview Questions
    • It was easy enough and mostly relevant to the experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at OpenText.

Aggressive timeline, aggressive recruiters, with a thorough process. met with 3 levels fo the company, and multiple functions. It was most interesting to talk to other sales people abotu what it takes to be successful there.

Interview Questions
    • "what would people say about you that you would be surprised by?"   Answer Question

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North York, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OpenText.

This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at OpenText in April 2014.

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds. The 1st round was Aptitude+Technical based online test.
    The 2nd round was Technical round in which they ask questions relationg to the projects,java,SQL(most questions).

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were easy.
      The questions on SQL were tricky to solve.They ask questions on BCNF and Transaction Concurrency.
        View Answer
    Prepare well for the interview and do not reject the offer. You may have offers from several consultancy companies but you can't get a better place than in OpenText. Here you will be paid and moved up based on your performance. If it is great, you can a lot of bucks than you would if you were in a consultancy company.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in May 2012.

Went through 5 interviews and one face to face. Process was pretty simple, meet with hiring manager, spoke with members of his team and senior management. Whole process took 15 days.

Interview Questions

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!