OpenText Interview Questions

2.6

Internal Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, North West England, England

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at OpenText.

1. Telephone Interview (questions about previous position, expected salary)
    2. Face to face interview with the Team Leader(informal, questions about previous work experience, educational background)
    3. Face to face interview with the Hiring Manager (formal, typical questions)

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Not applicable. The "Hiring" process is usually by aquireing your current employer

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at OpenText in October 2012.

Had applied directly to the company via a linkedin ad. The Recruitment Team contacted me within 2 days, had a fairly long chat on current work (non technical), compensation etc. Was told that they will contact again if needed.

Got a call from the Recruitment team again (within a few days I believe) and attended a face-to-face interview with the manager of the team. The interview was at their office, went for about an hour and a half. It was more of a casual conversation about the work I have done, rather than a strict formal interview - and this really made a big difference.

Got a call from the Recruitment team again (within a week) and attended another face-to-face interview with the a member of the team, the manager and the HR. Was told to do a presentation on a recent deployment I had done with emphasis on architecture, was told to showcase technical documentation or articles I have written. The HR had some standard questions like the motivation behind joining the company etc. The manager also asked some interesting "people" questions about my interaction with customers. All in all, the interview lasted about an hour and half, and went quite well.

Got a call from the Recruitment team within a few days and we discussed about offers. Exactly a month after I applied, they made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Though not unexpected by any means, there were questions on 'generalizing' my life, which I am not good at ("How would your colleagues describe you"?) answering. The technical part was very straightforward - there were no challenges at all, and the questions centred around architecture (eg: Extended ECM), deployment methods, lessons learned, modules used, work done on customization etc.   Answer Question
    Had an initial call to discuss numbers. When I told what I was expecting, I got a straight answer that they wont be interested in going forward. Was asked a number below which I will say NO to the offer and was offered exactly what I put there.

On hindsight, I should stuck to a higher number, but hey, hindsight doesnt carpe diem!

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at OpenText.

There were 3 rounds
    written test,Program Round,Technical and HR interview.
    The Written Test was easy if you are good at c++,c and java you can easily qualify.
    Coming to coding Part 3 programs were given You have to write Code in 60 Minutes.
    In Technical and HR if you are good at communication skills and basic knowledge in os,c,c++and java you can get job in open text

Interview Questions
    • Write a Program to Count Trailing no of zeros in factorial of given number   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta Hot Springs, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText in September 2014.

Within the scope of Job seeking, Process is very easy as you go online or You can also move to the company to fill forms. Managers are really communicative and will provide any information encouraging you to go online to apply and call.
    Interview process is really interesting and may undergo a rigid communicative skill and experience of the interviewee or employee. Since the employer have to make sure he is choosing the right person.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions are twofold sometimes. They may concern the company itself or about your perspective for the company.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OpenText in September 2014.

I was contacted by internal recruiter. Got first phone interview next day. It went well so they invited me to onsite. I talked to hiring manager and few engineers. I took 2 hrs total. Most of the questions were about my past experience. I got few Java and design pattern questions. Got offer next day.

Offer too low.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at OpenText.

General interview process. .. nothing outstanding. Mostly standard questions were asked and they covered the complete experience and skills that are listed in our resume. Should be easy enough to tackle these interviews though.

Interview Questions
    • It was easy enough and mostly relevant to the experience   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OpenText.

Aggressive timeline, aggressive recruiters, with a thorough process. met with 3 levels fo the company, and multiple functions. It was most interesting to talk to other sales people abotu what it takes to be successful there.

Interview Questions
    • "what would people say about you that you would be surprised by?"   Answer Question

Customer Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OpenText.

This was a 3 step process, My resume was submitted by a internal contact, Then a Phone Interview which simply confirmed the resume. a HR interview which again only checked the facts and added some very general history questions. My Final interview was with the Manager and Vice Manager for the department. This interview was more involved and took over an hour of Q&A. At that point I did not know whether or not I was to be offered the position. So thoughts are that this interview gave Management a good Idea of what I could provide and gave me some feed back on what they were looking for. On the whole a positive interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no Negotiation phase, they offered a salary Take it or leave it...

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brook Park, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OpenText in May 2014.

I applied online through linkedin and had one phone interview before being hired. It was very simple and not threatening. When I arrived on my first day I was handed keys and did some basic training through the phone and online and was set free after that.