OpenText

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Reading, England

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Interview Details Not applicable. The "Hiring" process is usually by aquireing your current employer

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Reading, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2012.

Interview Details Had applied directly to the company via a linkedin ad. The Recruitment Team contacted me within 2 days, had a fairly long chat on current work (non technical), compensation etc. Was told that they will contact again if needed.

Got a call from the Recruitment team again (within a few days I believe) and attended a face-to-face interview with the manager of the team. The interview was at their office, went for about an hour and a half. It was more of a casual conversation about the work I have done, rather than a strict formal interview - and this really made a big difference.

Got a call from the Recruitment team again (within a week) and attended another face-to-face interview with the a member of the team, the manager and the HR. Was told to do a presentation on a recent deployment I had done with emphasis on architecture, was told to showcase technical documentation or articles I have written. The HR had some standard questions like the motivation behind joining the company etc. The manager also asked some interesting "people" questions about my interaction with customers. All in all, the interview lasted about an hour and half, and went quite well.

Got a call from the Recruitment team within a few days and we discussed about offers. Exactly a month after I applied, they made an offer.

Interview Question – Though not unexpected by any means, there were questions on 'generalizing' my life, which I am not good at ("How would your colleagues describe you"?) answering. The technical part was very straightforward - there were no challenges at all, and the questions centred around architecture (eg: Extended ECM), deployment methods, lessons learned, modules used, work done on customization etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Had an initial call to discuss numbers. When I told what I was expecting, I got a straight answer that they wont be interested in going forward. Was asked a number below which I will say NO to the offer and was offered exactly what I put there.

On hindsight, I should stuck to a higher number, but hey, hindsight doesnt carpe diem!

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in October 2010.

Interview Details Initial interview: hiring agency. After I passed that phase I came in for an interview with the team lead and a senior designer. Once passed that came in for a production test, once passed that I was interviewed by the team to show my portfolio. Then hired (1mth process)

Interview Question – Wasn't one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation necessary. Salary was above average at the time of initial hiring. Vacation was generous, benefits, great.

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OpenText in August 2012.

Interview Details Responded to linkedin add through a recruiter. Had one face to face interview and one phone interview.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The salary was within the range expected. I asked for more vacation and this was not granted.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OpenText in February 2014.

Interview Details Interview Process is very big. Almost 6 Technical rounds. Each round around 1 Hour.
I think one level panel members dont believe on previous round panel. Every round was technical and even Project Manager also asked basic core java questions. This seems to be funny. Each interviewer wants to prove himself on what he knows.

Interview Question – Basic Core java question from a Project manager in 6th round was unexpected.   View Answer

Senior Systems Analyst Interview

Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OpenText in January 2013.

Interview Details The process is very direct going directly to the point. Since the company have their own products they are expecting someone that will be capable to learn and have a good relationship with the customer.

Interview Question – The Interview focus on the position, no difficult questions or unexpected questions were made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negociation was fine and they were open to explain what are the reasons made in the offer.

Software Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Software Quality Assurance Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details 4 interviews on site
meet the team
thorough check of qualitfications
Understading of expectations of position and challenges

Interview Question – What was your biggest challenge at your previous position....?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy going

Senior Solutions Consultant Interview

Senior Solutions Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at OpenText.

Interview Details Expect it to take about 3 months. The communication is terrible.

Interview Question – There were none.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was brought into the company through an acquisition and there was no negotiation phase.

Technical Architect Interview

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OpenText in January 2010.

Interview Details Nearly 5-6 rounds of interview, including telephonic, 2-3 rounds of technical rounds, manager, hr and CEO round

Interview Question – Questions are tricky to answer as mostly the questions brings out the working skills   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Washington, DC (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OpenText in December 2011.

Interview Details Phone and in person

Negotiation Details – short

Interviews for Top Jobs at OpenText

Worked for OpenText? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OpenText interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews are posted anonymously by OpenText employees and interview candidates.