Oracle Interview Questions

Updated 28 Oct 2014
Updated 28 Oct 2014
1,366 Interview Reviews

Renewals Representative Interview

the hiring process takes a very long time..up to 3 months. I found in the meantime another opportunity and I took it. It depends on the urgency they have to fill the position and of course the approvals from US.

Interview Questions

response time is way to long

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

5 interviews ( phone and personal) with recruiter, first line manager, second line manager, country manager, language test. feedback within one-two weeks. they asked for salary expectations upfront, but still salary negotiation was possible at later stage.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

I submitted an application via a Linkedin job posting, was in the top 10% that matched the skills compared to the rest of the lot. The recruiter contacted me and asked for a 15 minute chat, called 7 minutes late. While I was pretty curious to see what he will be able to squeeze into an 8 minute discussion, he said I was a very good match, the role reports to a US VP and he asked a single question, my current salary. When I politely declined to tell him and provided him with my salary expectation instead, he insisted to find out. As he couldn't, he tried to position the situation as if I was 'unable' to provide him with my remuneration details. I clarified as it was not an inability, but rather a 'preference'. He suggested there will be a face to face interview that I will receive the details for, but never received any further communication.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

First phase was telephone interview to select most eligible candidates to advance to the second phase - a group interview. Emphasis placed on communication and attitude, collective interview with 2 individual exercises and one exercise (survival scenario) engaging all interview participants. This was followed by a face-to-face interview with the project manager. Overall, a relaxed but professional interview.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

headhunt followed by telephone interview. Regular updates from HR, then a presentation on my, deals won in the past, prospecting process, deal management, and an overview of the Oracle solution. Great Q & A afterwards, very candid information on Oracle strengths and weaknesses

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Telephone interview first, then if successful another two in person interviews.
    Tell me what experience you have in shell programming, which operating systems are you familiar with, programming languages you know, do you know what is the recent biggest threat discovered on the Internet (wanted to hear about Heartbleed), recent projects you have done, interested in security and encryption, what are you most interested in developing(apps, OS, games)

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in June 2013.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter via linkedin and we scheduled an initial call shortly after. I was expecting it to just be an introductory call but it turned out to be a 30-45 minute telephone interview (so be prepared!). Following this we scheduled an initial (quite informal) interview with my hiring manager and one other, which was followed by a "panel interview" consisting of my hiring manager and 2 other senior managers (including his direct manager). In the panel interview I had to present my initial territory and business plan for a hypothetical territory that would be assigned to me. I had to research Oracle's products (that I knew I would be responsible for selling) our competition, partners etc.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult part of the panel interview was actually the vagueness of the brief - I had to go into a lot of detail without a large amount of guidance, and with little prior knowledge of the target industry, which I found challenging   Answer Question
    I would have been able to negotiate but I was quite shocked by the offer that they made me, which more than doubled my basic salary (from £18k to £37k). I accepted immediately. In hindsight I think I had some significant negotiation room and since joining I was quickly able to negotiate a pay increase of £5,250 p.a.

Oracle basic salary is typically arranged in 'bands' of an unspecified amount, based on your 'career level' so if you can work out which 'band' you are in you should be able to estimate more or less how much you can ask for.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Lengthy. Three interviews, one with sales consultant, one with business lead and practice manager, demo expected. One with president.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Maybe, how do we sell you to or clients?   View Answer
    OK. There was negotiation over location, but that was fine.

Placement Interview

Knew someone who worked there.

Technical Consultant Interview

Two interviews. First one was a general interview talking about background interests, and reasons for application etc. Second was done by the department, asking more technical and specific questions. Both very pleasant interviews.

Interview Questions
    • All questions seemed to be straight forward, but a basic understanding of software/hardware systems and Oracle's position in the industry would be relevant information, as any other interview.   Answer Question