Oracle Interview Questions

Updated 21 Apr 2015
1,573 Interview Reviews

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by an assessment centre. Telephone interview consisted

Assessment centre did not have a one-on-one interview but consisted of group work, individual test, individual proof reading and an individual presentation already prepared before the interview. We were also ask to create an advert and send it to Oracle before the assessment centre however this was not discussed during the assessment centre and we received no feed back on it (essentially this task felt like a big waste of time).

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview:
      - Why would you like to work for Oracle?
      - Why have you applied for the specific role?
      - What is your biggest weakness?

Answer Question

Associate Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

First Round of interview
    Technical Questions around C++
    Write a C++ program to print * in letter W

Second Reond of interview
    Write a program to for Employee, Department model in C++, basically testing around class
    Small puzzles

HR Round:
    Nothing much, just a casual talk

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Oracle.

Interview

Acquisition - no interview was required for this. We moved with our existing skill set with the same role, to a new company. Little fish in a big pond but they handled the acquisition relatively well. The onboarding process - so many systems to reacquaint yourself with and very much "do-it-yourself" but no bad thing really.

Negotiation

No negotiation - just acquired

Interview

the hiring process takes a very long time..up to 3 months. I found in the meantime another opportunity and I took it. It depends on the urgency they have to fill the position and of course the approvals from US.

Interview Questions

response time is way to long

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

5 interviews ( phone and personal) with recruiter, first line manager, second line manager, country manager, language test. feedback within one-two weeks. they asked for salary expectations upfront, but still salary negotiation was possible at later stage.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Oracle (London, England) in June 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application via a Linkedin job posting, was in the top 10% that matched the skills compared to the rest of the lot. The recruiter contacted me and asked for a 15 minute chat, called 7 minutes late. While I was pretty curious to see what he will be able to squeeze into an 8 minute discussion, he said I was a very good match, the role reports to a US VP and he asked a single question, my current salary. When I politely declined to tell him and provided him with my salary expectation instead, he insisted to find out. As he couldn't, he tried to position the situation as if I was 'unable' to provide him with my remuneration details. I clarified as it was not an inability, but rather a 'preference'. He suggested there will be a face to face interview that I will receive the details for, but never received any further communication.

Interview Questions

• 'What's your current salary?'   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

Interview

First phase was telephone interview to select most eligible candidates to advance to the second phase - a group interview. Emphasis placed on communication and attitude, collective interview with 2 individual exercises and one exercise (survival scenario) engaging all interview participants. This was followed by a face-to-face interview with the project manager. Overall, a relaxed but professional interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Oracle.

Interview

headhunt followed by telephone interview. Regular updates from HR, then a presentation on my, deals won in the past, prospecting process, deal management, and an overview of the Oracle solution. Great Q & A afterwards, very candid information on Oracle strengths and weaknesses

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Oracle (Reading, England) in April 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview first, then if successful another two in person interviews.
    Tell me what experience you have in shell programming, which operating systems are you familiar with, programming languages you know, do you know what is the recent biggest threat discovered on the Internet (wanted to hear about Heartbleed), recent projects you have done, interested in security and encryption, what are you most interested in developing(apps, OS, games)

Applications Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Oracle (London, England) in June 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter via linkedin and we scheduled an initial call shortly after. I was expecting it to just be an introductory call but it turned out to be a 30-45 minute telephone interview (so be prepared!). Following this we scheduled an initial (quite informal) interview with my hiring manager and one other, which was followed by a "panel interview" consisting of my hiring manager and 2 other senior managers (including his direct manager). In the panel interview I had to present my initial territory and business plan for a hypothetical territory that would be assigned to me. I had to research Oracle's products (that I knew I would be responsible for selling) our competition, partners etc.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult part of the panel interview was actually the vagueness of the brief - I had to go into a lot of detail without a large amount of guidance, and with little prior knowledge of the target industry, which I found challenging   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would have been able to negotiate but I was quite shocked by the offer that they made me, which more than doubled my basic salary (from £18k to £37k). I accepted immediately. In hindsight I think I had some significant negotiation room and since joining I was quickly able to negotiate a pay increase of £5,250 p.a.

Oracle basic salary is typically arranged in 'bands' of an unspecified amount, based on your 'career level' so if you can work out which 'band' you are in you should be able to estimate more or less how much you can ask for.