Oracle Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
1,326 Interview Reviews

3.1

Renewals Representative Interview

the hiring process takes a very long time..up to 3 months. I found in the meantime another opportunity and I took it. It depends on the urgency they have to fill the position and of course the approvals from US.

Interview Questions

response time is way to long

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

5 interviews ( phone and personal) with recruiter, first line manager, second line manager, country manager, language test. feedback within one-two weeks. they asked for salary expectations upfront, but still salary negotiation was possible at later stage.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Oracle in June 2014.

I submitted an application via a Linkedin job posting, was in the top 10% that matched the skills compared to the rest of the lot. The recruiter contacted me and asked for a 15 minute chat, called 7 minutes late. While I was pretty curious to see what he will be able to squeeze into an 8 minute discussion, he said I was a very good match, the role reports to a US VP and he asked a single question, my current salary. When I politely declined to tell him and provided him with my salary expectation instead, he insisted to find out. As he couldn't, he tried to position the situation as if I was 'unable' to provide him with my remuneration details. I clarified as it was not an inability, but rather a 'preference'. He suggested there will be a face to face interview that I will receive the details for, but never received any further communication.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

headhunt followed by telephone interview. Regular updates from HR, then a presentation on my, deals won in the past, prospecting process, deal management, and an overview of the Oracle solution. Great Q & A afterwards, very candid information on Oracle strengths and weaknesses

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Oracle in April 2014.

Telephone interview first, then if successful another two in person interviews.
    Tell me what experience you have in shell programming, which operating systems are you familiar with, programming languages you know, do you know what is the recent biggest threat discovered on the Internet (wanted to hear about Heartbleed), recent projects you have done, interested in security and encryption, what are you most interested in developing(apps, OS, games)

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Oracle.

Lengthy. Three interviews, one with sales consultant, one with business lead and practice manager, demo expected. One with president.

Interview Questions
    • None really. Maybe, how do we sell you to or clients?   View Answer
    OK. There was negotiation over location, but that was fine.

Placement Interview

Knew someone who worked there.

Technical Consultant Interview

Two interviews. First one was a general interview talking about background interests, and reasons for application etc. Second was done by the department, asking more technical and specific questions. Both very pleasant interviews.

Interview Questions
    • All questions seemed to be straight forward, but a basic understanding of software/hardware systems and Oracle's position in the industry would be relevant information, as any other interview.   Answer Question

Vice President EMEA Head of Utilities Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in August 2012.

After 9 interviews / meetings, over two months, they decided to make internal appointment as the guy had more internal connections - it should not have taken these interviews and this amount of time wasting to realise that, so I guess there was some other unspecified reason.
    Another comment, they asked me to fly at my own expense for two one hour interviews - from London to California, as their policy is not to pay candidates interview expenses. Oracle Corporation - very, very, disappointing for how they handle such a high level position.

Interview Questions
    • If we offered you the job, would you really take it?   View Answer

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Oracle in April 2012.

Originally interviewed at a company which had been acquired by Oracle but not yet been integrated (RightNow). Bit of a bumpy transition mid-process to the Oracle hiring process instead.
    First interview with a very senior director, fairly informal, with another interview the same day with the internal recruiter who had approached me via LinkedIn.
    Having been told I would be invited back, I insisted on having my own separate meeting with one or more members of the team I'd be working with. Ended up meeting two would-be colleagues, separately. I asked for this - it wasn't offered as such, but they were happy to organise it - what a good sign!
    There was supposed to be a second, panel interview with a presentation of my understanding of their business/products, and of how I'd see my first few months, plus a little about 'why me'. i prepped for this, but they had to rearrange it and then they decided to go straight to making me an offer instead. Had it been the standard Oracle process I think they would have had to go through with it regardless.
    Once I'd had the unofficial 'nod', there was a very...long...wait...for contracts to come all the way from Romania. My new boss was very good and rang me every 10 days or so to keep me updated, but it was a good six weeks or so. Having spoken to a newer colleague, they didn't have such a long wait in the 'standard' process, so this may simply have been because of the transition between the acquired company's hiring process and Oracle's hiring process for me.
    There is also an unbelievably detailed background check, using the CV I had originally submitted to the recruiter. They went all the way back to my university to check my degree qualification (over 15 years ago), wanted three business referees, plus two personal referees. They checked every employer and job title I'd had in the last 10 years, which was a bit awkward as my official titles were very vague so hadn't used them on my CV. But this didn't ultimately cause me a problem - a report goes to the hiring manager summarising anything the background check has flagged as an issue.

Interview Questions
    • Very little technical stuff, but an in-depth discussion of the sales cycle as seen by a presales consultant, and questions around handling difficult people/situations.   Answer Question
    Oracle has in-house recruiters, and they have fairly pre-set negotiating parameters. They will NOT offer more than about 15% over what you're already earning, so make sure you present your existing package as favourably as possible. More negotiation on the bonus pool size, and benefit points allocation.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!