Oracle

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Redwood City, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in February 2013.

Interview Details Applied online through Linkedin
phone interview with recruiter
phone interview with manager
presentation with group including managers and other sales consultants

Interview Question – Present some type of technology to us for 30 minutes over webex   Answer Question

Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Interviewed at Oracle

Interview Details I applied through head hunter. He told me the company is very aggressive in filling up vacancy these days, and some hiring managers did told the head hunters that they may have to hire less experienced/talented people in order to maintain the head count.

I was interviewed by a manager who told me he has technical background, however, I wasn't faced with technical questions much. Instead, most of the questions are related to my own job background and particular projects which drawn his interest. Anyway, he was a nice guy to me to talk with.

Interview Question – How do you persuade a customer who is not happy with Oracle?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided in not working in IT vendors but rather go for banking and finance in-house.

Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Oracle in March 2013.

Interview Details Was recruited via LinkedIn. Was recruited by Workday at the same time. Two completely different experiences. Oracle had the recruiter interview me by phone first. Next came a short interview with my potential manager. Each interview was maybe a half hour. Finally they flew me out to Atlanta to interview with another manager and the director of consulting. I was required to give a 15 minute presentation just to make sure I was up to the task, and to check my delivery. They told me if there was an offer it would come in a couple weeks, which was nice because they didn't leave me hanging. Two weeks later came the offer, which I accepted.

Interview Question – I was asked how I expected to handle moving from a smaller company with 14,000 employees to a large company like Oracle with 120,000 employees. Didn't see that one coming.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was rough. They were hiring a lot of people and didn't seem terribly interested in moving the number.

Sales Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details Contacted the recruiting manager through career fair at my college. Interview was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Some questions asked were about team work experiences and how I handle a difficult task/hardship.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in January 2014.

Interview Details Some what slow process. Very involved interview process with multiple members of the team and their leadership

Interview Question – Would I be willing to take a cut in base pay with potential to make more on future commissions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details Originally meet them at an on campus meeting, from there they immediately offered me an on the phone interview. From there I proceeded to have multiple phone interviews with them. It took them quite a while to get back to me after each interview. After my first interview I thought I had not got another interview as it took them multiple months to get back to me.

Interview Question – No real difficult questions. Just why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Oracle in June 2011.

Interview Details Initial conversations with an Oracle recruiter who had limited understanding of the job, but had a bunch of standard questions to ask about what types of software I had worked with. After the recruiter felt my skills matched the job, I was then connected to a hiring manager for a telephone interview. The next step involved a few more phone discussions with team members, another manager, and then a multi-person discussion with two sales managers. The final evaluation was a demonstration presented to the team I'd be working with. I had a verbal offer that was dependent on passing a background check and a formal offer followed.

Interview Question – Not a question per se, but I had to demonstrate one of the Oracle cloud solutions with only 3 days to access, prepare, and practice with software I had not ever worked with before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a collaborative process with the hiring manager who was very honest about what would be possible for compensation.

Sales Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle.

Interview Details The interviewing stage is so long. Too long. There is three to four rounds of interviews, which includes a final presentation. The fist few interviews are basic HR interview and are pretty easy. Then a manager will either come to you or you will meet them somewhere, all of the travel is taken care of for you. The final round is not about your product knowledge but more of how you present and general industry knowledge.

Interview Question – There isn't really a difficult question   Answer Question

Consulting Sales Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Oracle in May 2013.

Interview Details Phone interview, went well, the first face to face interview went well and then met with 3 hiring managers. Great company with new changes coming.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

San Mateo, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Oracle in March 2009.

Interview Details Rather straight forward. Since it is a technical sales position, technical knowledge is an expectation. An opportunity to do a presentation was provided. Managers generally are looking for someone who can articulate complex technology concepts and features into simple benefits and opportunities.

Interview Question – Unexpected question was, What books are you currently reading?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle Sales Consultant interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees and interview candidates.