PNC Financial Services Group

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details Met veteran recruiter at an on campus event. I gave her my resume and got a call from the head of the finance internship program about a week later. I had one phone interview and was invited to their Super Day. They flew me to Pittsburgh and put me up in a hotel. I then went through three thirty minute interviews with various managers, and spent the rest of the day hanging out with employees and other people interviewing for the position.

Interview Question – All the questions that I remember were behavioral questions. One manager asked if the balance sheet or the statement of cash flows was more important than the other. There isn't a wrong answer to that question as long as you provide a reason.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were straightforward. I was given a competitive hourly rate, housing stipend, and a few weeks to decide if I wanted to accept or not.

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in November 2012.

Interview Details The interview process consisted of an initial on-campus interview and then a final round super day. The on-campus interview was a 30 minute interview with two interviewers. The focus was primarily on behavioral questions with one or two technical questions about financial statements thrown in. The super day consisted of 3 25 minute interviews. The interviews were relatively similar to the on-campus interview.

Interview Question – How would you resolve the financial cliff?   View Answer

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in January 2010.

Interview Details Easy, walk me through your resume type interview that took 30 mins.

Interview Question – Explain the financial meltdown of 2008   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at PNC Financial Services Group

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!

PNC Financial Services Group Videos

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PNC Financial Services Group Finance Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by PNC Financial Services Group employees and interview candidates.