PNC Financial Services Group Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

2.7

Finance and Accounting Development Program Interview

First I went through a round of on campus interviews. After being selected for their Super Day, I went to a pre-interview day reception to network and learn more about the company. In the super day, I had three interviews. They were mostly behavior based questions and it was a lot of talking about your resume. Nothing was too challenging.

Interview Questions
    • Why is different about PNC's balance sheet or another financial services company's balance sheet compared to a regular industry company's balance sheet?   Answer Question

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Filled online application, had a call for phone interview followed by group interview... Then i was selected among the lot to meet the branch manager at my closest location for another phase of interview. Their system was pretty smooth. You need to have a good understanding of banking products and sales. If you have previous banking industry experience, then you will be an Ideal Candidate for them!!

Interview Questions
    • Your knowledge about banking , what have you done in selling banks products, how to handle difficult clients, a lot of questions so prepare very well!!!   Answer Question
    Basically you need to negotiate a little bit but don't stress so much!!!

Financial Advisor Interview

Be ready to role play a client scenario. Expect an objection and be ready to overcome it. Also be prepared for at least four interview. Two with the investment managers and two with bank side managers.

simple

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Hiring is pretty simple. If you get them to call you (which can take forever). They ask basic questions and generally it takes about 20 minutes. Nothing was really out of the ordinary. Mine happened at the manager's desk in the lobby not in an office away from everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that a customer was upset with you and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

had one phone interview were they asked very broad a basic questions about past work experiences and environments. Also asked what my future schedule was like and how I handled the work environment myself. After was told that I would have a personal interview in order to be offered the position.

Treasury Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2014.

Super Day (second round) - For the development program, they bring all the candidates who pass the initial interview into Pittsburgh and send each one through 3 separate interviews - both behavioral and technical.

Interview Questions
    • What is the Operating Cycle? (seems pretty straightforward, but this is the basis for the TM group's business)   View Answer
    • How does Net Working Capital affect the Operating Cycle? (follow up to What is the Operating Cycle?)   View Answer

ACCEL Program Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in October 2014.

Contacted through campus career office. Got accepted for the interview. Mostly behavioral questions about teamwork, leadership, past experience. Two people interviewed me at the same time. They take a lot of notes too. Show that you are good with people. Review every question you find here and have 5-6 canned stories. Also, send out the thank you email the same day.

Summer Interview

Interviewed on campus and then at Super Day in Pittsburgh. On campus interview was a 30 minute interview that was primarily behavioral. Super Day consisted of 4, 30 minute one-on-one interviews with managing directors from various groups. The Super Day questions were also primarily behavioral, however there were a few basic accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather roll a die once and multiply the outcome by 100 or roll a die 100 times and sum up the values of the outcomes?   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

scheduled interview. It was very quick turnaround time. There were four people who interviewed. It took about an hour, nothing hard just general questions. They then took me around to meet other people in the branch

Interview Questions
    • Hardest moment you have had to deal with. My answer was none bank related   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in September 2014.

First round interview with two recruiters, mainly behavior questions, resume and background check. For example, tell us about yourself; why choose PNC; describe how you get a work done using an example; talk about a project in your resume in detail; have you ever worked with a QA team; describe a project about processing a lot of data