PNC Financial Services Group

548 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Specialist II Interview

Financial Specialist II

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

Interview Details After submitting my resume i received a call from a recruiter within a week, and he walked me through the process, he was the best recruiter i have ever worked with, he really was focused on helping me be as well prepared as possible. I had a phone interview with him, and he set-up the face-to-face interview with my would-be manager. That interview was scheduled for a week later, and lasted about an hour. I heard from the recruiter within an hour as to how it went. He then set-up the next face-to-face interview which was at the local branch i was applying for with my manager, the branch bank manager, and financial advisor. At this point my manager had approved me, and was more on "my side" as the branch manager interviewed me. I heard the results of that interview within an hour, and was made an offer about 36 hours later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at a bank, and then specifically PNC?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very smooth. I worked with the recruiter through the whole process, and was very much an advocate for me with the higher-ups making the call.

Financial Sales Consultant Interview

Financial Sales Consultant
Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in May 2010.

Interview Details Phone interview followed by group interview with all of the people that would be potentially managing you. Upon hire there was an offer letter and then a drug test.

Interview Question – I can't recall a specific difficult question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Sent a letter outlining salary

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

Interview Details you interview in a group with roughly 3-4 people and everyone goes around giving an answer. Not as intimidating as it sounds. You answer 5 basic interview questions and they get back to you by email with a decision.

Interview Question – basic interview questions   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Software Engineer I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

Interview Details Only made it to the phone interview. The recruiter basically wanted me to go through my resume and explain everything I have done. She also briefly discussed some of the details about the job. She told me she would forward everything to the hiring manager. A week later I received a rejection email. My first official rejection.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Administrative Coordinator
Dayton, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2011.

Interview Details Questions were relevant. I was able to get a good feel for the position I was interviewing for. Brought in additional team members and let them ask questions mid way. This gave me a better feel of who I would be working with. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One counter offer and then an acceptance.

Teller/Switcher Interview

Teller/Switcher

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details First interview was group interview with basic questions such as When was a time you went out of your way for a customer. 2nd interview was with branch manager who basically confirmed I would be available branch hours and told me what was expected at the teller level.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They weren't really offering a competitive salary at this level of employment even for my experience.

Business Banker Interview

Business Banker

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details Five interviews. Hiring and interview process was fairly easy. Very conversational. Three interviews took place on same day. I was told that I would be able to do some things that weren't possible after I joined.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but salary that was offered was higher than what the recruiter originally stated in the beginning.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details The time it takes, and the number of applicants selected to go on to the next step varies, but there are some patterns. It took 2 weeks to call me back after applying online, the first interview was over the phone. Next was with team leaders, final was with manager and two upper managers. The process was over 90 days.

Interview Question – Waiting time   Answer Question

In-Store Financial Sales Consultant Interview

In-Store Financial Sales Consultant
Alexandria, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in June 2014.

Interview Details Your initial introduction to your human resources recruiter is via email after completing the online application in response to the job posting on the career website. Your qualifications will have been reviewed to determine if you are a possible fit with for the position and then the interviewing process begins. You will receive an email invitation to attend a group interview. They will give you details about the PNC In-store brand and a minute overview of traditional banking. You quickly learn that In-store Financial Sales is client acquisition and broad product knowledge as well as guiding the customer to review information further with someone else on the career ladder! If you succeed at the group interview stage then you are connected with a branch manager who promptly interviews you to within the same week or following week. (calls you within max 48 hours or group interview results which is usually 48 hours also). I was asked about my career path choices and presented with an vast array of options and even the hope of a mentor to help me successful transition on the career ladder to my next position. The company s very upfront with you that PNC In-Store Financial Consultant is a one year commitment. I have previous financial advising experience so the position is a way for me to get my foot in the door quickly with the company and relicense. The final interview is with a regional Sales & Marketing manager who does a phone interview. This is a 3 interview process to be hired into the PNC In-store Financial Sales Consultant position.

Interview Question – Was there ever a time when you didn't meet your sales goal for a company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I previously had financial advising experience and was licensed so I let the branch manager know that I expected the highest available pay rate for a position in banking at that career level.

Associate Investment Advisor Interview

Associate Investment Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Interview Details Submitted the application online, got an email to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter within a couple of days. The phone interview with the recruiter was simple, briefly went over the job description and the resume and what the pay range might be and work status etc. Pretty basic stuff. Next day she called and asked me to come in for an in person with the Market Director for investments. That was behavioral and technical. Probably 70% Beh and 30% tech. Got the call the same evening by the recruiter to come in for an in person with 4 investment advisors. That was on the same lines 70% beh and 30% tech. The next day the recruiter called to make an offer. I negotiated a little bit, we went back and forth a couple of times and agreed on the number. The whole process from application to job offer took 2-3 weeks, but that was mostly because I was traveling for work and taking more time than normal for in person interviews. They were pretty flexible with that as well.

Interview Question – Cant think of anyone in particular but something like views on the US Bond market. VaR, alpha beta etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is always negotiation no matter what any body says.
Focus on impressing the hiring manager and do your homework. Once the hiring manager really wants you then you have the upper hand and can negotiate on pay etc within reason.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!