PNC Financial Services Group

Updated 10 Nov 2014

2.5

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

there were a total of four interviews.
Two online, one telephone, and one in person. the telephone and online interviews were simple enough. The in-person interview was a joke. If you are not a minority, don't expect to be hired in any management level positions. Just keeping it real.

Interview Questions
  • Do you get along with people of "different" backgrounds?   View Answer
They were pretty set on pay and benefits... Not much wiggle room.

Other Interview Reviews for PNC Financial Services Group

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Hiring is pretty simple. If you get them to call you (which can take forever). They ask basic questions and generally it takes about 20 minutes. Nothing was really out of the ordinary. Mine happened at the manager's desk in the lobby not in an office away from everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time that a customer was upset with you and how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in April 2014.

Group interview with many managers watching you. It will feel like the show shark tank. So prepare not to make a fool of yourself. You will be asked five questions and you will watch a pnc video.

Interview Questions
    • Easy interview. Sit far away from the recruiter. This will allow more time and you can listen to everyone else bomb out.   Answer Question
    A little bit of wiggle room.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Phone interview asking about experience, then met with Branch Manager

Teller Interview

Filled out the application online, and received a phone call from the local "recruiter". Short phone interview with simple questions such as: "Why do you want to work for PNC", "Have you ever had to up-sale with clients". This led to a face-to-face interview with the bank manager and head teller at the branch I applied for. The interview lasted about an hour and consisted of sales, team and leadership questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time that you had a project, and it didn't end well? Or you didn't finish it on time?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in February 2014.

It was short and the interviewer asked me about my previous teller experience which i don't have so he asked me about any customer relations experience which i had and talked about but there were a lot of candidates who had direct work experience so i was not selected but i had a good experience of the interview

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a difficult client who raises his voice   View Answer

Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PNC Financial Services Group.

Great Hiring and Interview process they involve everyone needed.

Not stressful or hard they were very firm!!

Teller Interview

HR rep calls you and does a quick phone interview then sets you up with the Branch manager for a formal interview at the branch you will be working.

Interview Questions
    • Was there a time you ever went out of your way to help a customer? When? What did you do?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate hourly wage

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Hills, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield Hills, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PNC Financial Services Group in July 2013.

Did an online app. Was emailed less than a week later to set up a telephone interview. The recruiter mainly told me the starting pay and asked why I wanted to leave my current job. He sent me a link for an assessment. After I finished that I was sent a link for an application. A few days later I got a call to set up another phone interview. That interview was questions about my strengths, qualities, etc. I was contacted by phone again to set up an in person interview. I completed that. The interviewers were very informative. Was sent an email the following week notifying me I was not selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for our bank versus other banks?   Answer Question

Teller Interview

The interview was quite simple, and you are contacted after filling out an online application. When you walk in the branch, everyone is dressed professionally and you immediately sense that these are very genuine people. The interview was brief, just going over the resume information. They want to get a feel for how well you will fit in, because the company is made of very close knit groups of employees.

Interview Questions
    • We're looking for a real firecracker to keep the atmosphere in the office booming, are you a good fit?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase for this job; all salaries are on a tiered system.