Panera Bread Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014
Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.0

Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I Applied In August & Received 2 Phone Calls From 2 Different Restaurants For An Interview. One In August & The Other In September. I Was Asked The Usual Questions , The Managers Were Very Friendly People. I Did Both Interviews & Was Asked To Come Back For Training The Following Day. But I Have Not Decided If I Would Like To WorkThere Instead Of Chipotle.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

Applied online. Few weeks later the hiring manager called to set up an interview. Met after lunch rush around 2pm. Asked very basic questions. They asked about me, goals in life, the hours I could work, etc. Got a second interview 2 days after that; clarified my hours a bit then hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • I can never seem to find a good answer for "tell me about yourself"   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shorewood, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shorewood, WI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Panera Bread in October 2012.

It was very quick and it didn't seem like they paid too much attention to my answers. Basically, anyone can get the job. It doesn't take much skill to work as an associate here.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any. It was very basic and typical. If I had to pick a certain question, it would be "how would you handle a disorderly customer?".   Answer Question
    The manager asked me if $8.50 was good and I said yes just because I didn't expect much from a part-time job.

Line Cook Interview

In order to get hired you have to show initiative. Get the number to the store and make sure to know the names of the Assistant manager and general manger. They have to go through a lot of applications so it helps if you make yourself known. When you go to the interview be prepared to go through two interviews with the assistant and general manager. They will ask for any restaurant experience but no matter what experience you have equate it to what they do.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a tattoo? Regardless of how much experience you bring to the table if your tattoo would be visible they will refuse to hire you. Be honest that you have them because it depends on the location. But I didn't expect it.   Answer Question

Being Hired Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in June 2014.

The Interview process was pretty alright. I had to come in for multiple interviews, they asked the same questions, and you have to just be cool and answer them calmly. Once the hiring managers think everything over, you will get a call.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2013.

Applied online which took about an hour to complete. After waiting about a week i received a call for an interview. Very casual. As soon as i told the worker i was there for an interview the manager greeted me nicely and offered a drink. I sat down with 1 of the 4 managers and it was around 92 degrees that day so it was uncomfortable being hot and nervous. Questions were very simple almost identical to a couple of the questions from online. The usual customer service questions. I was intimidated being that this was my first real job but the manager made me feel at home and we joked and so on. He told me to come in the very next day for an interview with the general manager. The second interview surprised me a little because i realized that anyone who made it past the first initial interview got the job. She basically went over everything from the first interview and maybe one or two additional questions. She had this folder in front of her and pulled out some papers and then started discussing pay rate, work apparel and any additional information that i had to be brought up on which amazed me at first because i was unaware that i just landed my first job. All in all it was a very friendly experience and i wish other interviews could go the same way. I don't work there anymore but we used to joke about all the time that the real reason she hired me was because i wore a pink polo which represents confidence in a man. Just a tip lol.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for panera?
      Tell me a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.
        Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I got called in for an interview for a Panera Bread that was opening up near my home. When I got to the interview, 15 minutes early, the man who interviewed me was plain terrible. For starters, he didn't bother to get up to greet me, just called me over. And he didn't look ME in the eyes, despite the fact that I was looking at him the entire interview. He also rested his head on his hand and stared at his laptop for pretty much the entire interview. And to top it all off, he didn't tell me anything about the business, the position, or even where the store was being built because he hadn't bothered to find out. I got offered a position, and I turned it down. I wasn't at all impressed with this company based on how I was treated at the interview.

Interview Questions
    • "How do cashiers go above and beyond"
      I answered this question with the basics, plus added some things that I thought of quickly, and the man wasn't impressed, instead kept asking over and over that same question until I told him that I can't think of anything else to add.
        Answer Question

I was treated very poorly and was very unimpressed.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Panera Bread in September 2014.

I Applied online and received a call the next day.Two days later went in for an interview and was offered a drink.The interview was relaxed and laid back.I got hired on the spot.

Offered $8/hr

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

Was called into an interview, lasted about 30 minutes.Dress attire was business casual. It was a pretty straight forward interview. More of a conversation style interview I would say. We talked about my past jobs and education, as well as why I chose Panera, The interview was very easy going overall.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Panera Bread.

I was impressed by how efficient it was. I saw a sign they were hiring and so I went online and did their application and literally not 10 minutes later, I receive a call to do an interview. 3 days later I had an interview and after all the questions were asked the manager let me know they would call me within a week whether I got the job or not. A week later, they did call me and I did get the job! It was a very smooth process- I'm used to companies lagging when it comes to getting back to applicants but they were very fast. I only had an interview with one manager also, not two like I see a lot of people saying here. I prepared for the interview by looking here to see what questions they might ask and what answers they would like. Funny enough, the manager did something unique. She presented hypothetical situations and asked me what I would do in those situations. I hadn't worked in a restaurant setting before and was asked why I wanted to get into this field and I said I enjoyed the atmosphere and the pace and would like to learn/gain experience in this field.

Interview Questions
    I accepted what they offered. No negotiating.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!