Papa John's Interview Questions in Louisville, KY

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Papa John's in April 2013.

Interviewed with HR rep via telephone and was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. Interview went all right, with one notable exception: the interviewer described one of my current job responsibilities in a negative and biased way. When I didn't agree with him and explained why not, he became angry. Not overtly so, but he turned red and was tight-lipped, obviously put out that I would not agree with him.

After that interview, the HR rep called and left a message for me to return the call. Upon my returning the call, she let me know that they had decided to pursue another candidate. It is unusual to have HR follow up at all, much less with a phone call when they are not interested. However, please don't make me call you back for a rejection. Leave a message, or send an email.

Two months after that, I received an email letting me know that the company had narrowed their search, and I wasn't on the list. I had successfully put that unfortunate interview out of my mind, but was unpleasantly reminded of it with this long overdue email.

Interview Questions
    • Criticism of how my current company handles a particular situation, with a "Don't you agree?" added at the end.   Answer Question

Web Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Papa John's in July 2009.

They were starting their web analytic efforts (yes, in 2009), and creating a new position. I first had a phone interview with two hiring managers, then I had two in person interviews (one with each of the managers), followed by a group interview with the IT team. After four interviews, I was not extended an offer because they decided to fill the position with an internal candidate (indicative of bad leadership-not making the decision to hire from within before the process).

The cultural environment is one not of creativity. From my understanding, they do not send their employees to training or conferences, and there is a strong, tight, closed corporate culture that does not value new ideas or diversity in work styles. For example, I mentioned they might consider operating in a Scrum methodology, and later in the interview process they mentioned Scrum as a technology. There are individuals in the company that realize the need to shift to attract the creative knowledge worker, but it's an up hill battle. The corporate headquarters are on the parameter of Louisville, and there are no authentic points of interest near. The building is awesome, though; they have a corporate gym and even a pool table in the lobby (although I was going to use it, but thought it might be a faux paus as it was from the first restaurant).

Interview Questions