Party City

71 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier, Customer Service Interview

Coral Springs, FL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Party City in September 2010.

Interview Details Soo EASY. They asked questions like can you lift 40 lbs. Are you able to use the POS system. Can you stand for long periods of time. Literally the easiest interview of my life. The managers are relaxed with the interview. It is not formal at all. I dressed to impress but i saw someone wearing jeans to the interview and they got hired!

Interview Question – Still not difficult but they like to know what you dressed up as for Halloween last year. Have fun with the answer and let them know that you went all out with make up accessories the whole bit. They want to see that you're fun and out going.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage.

Team Lead Interview

Akron, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City in January 2011.

Interview Details Simple evaluation questions, what you would do during this party situation(what you might need : inv, party favors, deco, table wear, servewear, candy, balloons, wearables, thank you's) and you love Halloween and or parties

Interview Question – Being asked if I meant to do something.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just a flat rate.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details Applied online and got a interview 2 days later.

Interview Question – They asked what I would do about a rude customer.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Stocker

Interviewed at Party City

Interview Details was not interviewed because they need people immediately to work Halloween season.

Halloween Sales Associate Interview

Halloween Sales Associate
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Party City in July 2013.

Interview Details Applied in-person and I called back the next week. I was called in for an interview. The interview was a group interview with about 6 people. It was hard to come up with unique answers if you were the last person to talk. About a week later I was offered the position. After accepting and filling out the paperwork, it took about 3 weeks to be called in

Interview Question – There are questions asked about Halloween   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details The interview was with the district manager and store manager. They let me ask the questions I wanted to know and judged me from that.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was asking me what I wanted to know. I wasn't prepared for this.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a wage that was lower than I wanted but close. They made it seem like it was decided with the regional manager so I couldn't really negotiate more.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Monrovia, CA (US)

I interviewed at Party City in September 2013.

Interview Details Submitted resume online, got a call to set up an interview. Got the job. The interview was like any other retail.

Interview Question – How would you handle a difficult customer who wanted you to do something out of store policy?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Front End Manager Interview

Front End Manager
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Party City in October 2013.

Interview Details I was initially contacted for an interview after filling out online application for a part time seasonal job. The interview was rather basic with the questions asked. At the end of the interview, I was asked to fill out my availability calender and told I would be contacted to schedule a pre-employment drug screen. After two days, I was contacted a submitted drug screen. Then, they contacted me and said they were going to make a schedule and I could start working within the next week. Then, they did not call for two weeks to finally schedule me.

Interview Question – What character are you going to be for Halloweeen?   Answer Question

Employee At Online Store Interview

Pleasanton, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details Hired through employment agency.

Interview Question – None really, the usual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, fixed salary

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details Took me 8 months to get hired.

Interview Question – How can you contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took so long I forgot.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Party City

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Party City interview questions and advice. All 71 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Party City employees and interview candidates.