Party City Store Manager Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Party City.

Took me 8 months to get hired.

Took so long I forgot.

Other Interview Reviews for Party City

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Party City in June 2011.

My experience may be different as this was a Franchise group that operates 20 stores in the area.

I responded to an ad I saw on Craigslist asking for my resume. I received a call the following day to set up a phone interview for a few days later.

Phone interview consisted of general questions, ie why Party City, current job responsibilities, etc.. After a 20 minute phone interview, was set up for a face to face interview with the director of stores at the store with the open position. One on One interview consisted of behavioral based questions. Took about 30 minutes. I was told that I would receive a call in a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to hold an associate accountable/   View Answer
    • What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?   View Answer

The company decided that I'd be a great fit for the organization, but not in the position that I applied for. They offered me assistant manager and told me they'd like me to work my way up. Pay was less than I make in my current position, so I declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Party City in November 2010.

Spoke to the party city recruiter. He set me up with the DM. 1 on 1 with the DM. Phone interview with the HR manager. And a 1 on 1 interview with the Regional Manager. After this you talk to a psychologist. Yes a psychologist; for over an hour. He sets you up for a battery of test that you got to a staffing agency to complete. This take every bit of 5 hours and is pretty grueling. After the tests are sent back to psychologist, You get a call from the DM with an offer. Of course assuming you did very well on the testing.

Interview Questions
    • What do you feel are the most important aspect for running a successful store.   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation with the DM. Ask for what you want at the beginning and up it by a few thousand. They offer less than you ask for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Party City in November 2008.

I was interviewed twice prior to being hired. First interview was over the phone and I sat down with a DM and the Regional HR on second interview. Basic interview questions regard behavior, past experiences, and background.

Very quick. I countered once and they accepted.