Party City

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Party City.

Interview Details Took me 8 months to get hired.

Interview Question – How can you contribute to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took so long I forgot.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Party City in November 2008.

Interview Details I was interviewed twice prior to being hired. First interview was over the phone and I sat down with a DM and the Regional HR on second interview. Basic interview questions regard behavior, past experiences, and background.

Negotiation Details – Very quick. I countered once and they accepted.

Store Manager
Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Party City in November 2010.

Interview Details Spoke to the party city recruiter. He set me up with the DM. 1 on 1 with the DM. Phone interview with the HR manager. And a 1 on 1 interview with the Regional Manager. After this you talk to a psychologist. Yes a psychologist; for over an hour. He sets you up for a battery of test that you got to a staffing agency to complete. This take every bit of 5 hours and is pretty grueling. After the tests are sent back to psychologist, You get a call from the DM with an offer. Of course assuming you did very well on the testing.

Interview Question – What do you feel are the most important aspect for running a successful store.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation with the DM. Ask for what you want at the beginning and up it by a few thousand. They offer less than you ask for.

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Party City in June 2011.

Interview Details My experience may be different as this was a Franchise group that operates 20 stores in the area.

I responded to an ad I saw on Craigslist asking for my resume. I received a call the following day to set up a phone interview for a few days later.

Phone interview consisted of general questions, ie why Party City, current job responsibilities, etc.. After a 20 minute phone interview, was set up for a face to face interview with the director of stores at the store with the open position. One on One interview consisted of behavioral based questions. Took about 30 minutes. I was told that I would receive a call in a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to hold an associate accountable/   View Answer
  • What's the biggest risk you've ever taken?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The company decided that I'd be a great fit for the organization, but not in the position that I applied for. They offered me assistant manager and told me they'd like me to work my way up. Pay was less than I make in my current position, so I declined.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Party City

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Party City Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Party City employees and interview candidates.