Paychex

Updated 14 Jan 2015
Updated 14 Jan 2015

3.1

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

2 or 3 phone interviews and a live interview with my sales manager. Math test, personality test, and background check, all the info was on the careers page on the website. It's very clear!

Interview Questions
    • How much business did you write per month? How do you get your leads or business?   View Answer
    I didn't try negotiations because I wanted the job so much! They were flexible to my prior engagement on start dates.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Many interviews and many weeks of waiting, although it was worth it. The field ride was very informative. The interview was comfortable and made me want to work here.

Payroll Specialist Interview

4 interviews a bit excessive for the job. Initial phone interview with the recruiter, interview at branch with supervisor then another one with the branch manager. The last one you shadow someone followed by another q/a with the supervisor and branch manager

Sales Representative Interview

Through interview process that was about my background in outsides sales. It was very professional and candid. They asked many questions that had me explain situations I have been in as a sales representative.

Sales Representative Interview

I am over two weeks and three interviews for a sales rep job. So far I have really liked everyone that I have spoken to and I am excited to hopefully keep moving forward. The biggest problem for me is how long it is taking. I understand taking their time and the multiple interviews, however it can be hard to get a reply and I do not know if I passed an assessment that I took last week.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about sales experience, personality, problem solving.   Answer Question

401K Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

I have seen a lot of comments about recruiters not responding and what not. If you are applying for a sales job with Paychex you need to show some proactive behavior and resiliency. After all, this is sales, you can't give up after one rejection. I will admit that the process got a touch annoying at times but if you are confident in your abilities, you will be fine.

I had three interviews before I was offered a position. The interview questions were pretty standard but make sure you are prepared to discuss numbers/goals/future goals. Be goal oriented, tell them how you have achieved recent goals and overcame tough situations. Most importantly, sell yourself. The interviewers I had during this process were with some of the most savvy sales managers I have ever interviewed with. Bottom line, they can see through BS. My main piece of advice is to prepare for each interview and no matter how much you think they like you, stay prepared.

Also, keep in mind that as much as you need to be a fit for Paychex, they need to be a fit for you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. What do you see as your main challenge in this position?   View Answer
    Salary is not negotiable. Territory may be negotiable but I'm not sure. My opinion is that you need to show your worth your first year and then you can negotiate.

Sales Assistant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Paychex has a long interview process so be patient it is worth it. You start off by having a phone interview. If they like you they will ask you to come in for a in person interview. Typically a potential employee will have several in person interviews before they give you an offer. Once you are offered a job you have to pass a drug and background test.

Interview Questions
    • What is a time that you made a mistake at work and how did you correct it? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Payroll Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Paychex.

There is an initial phone screening and you have to pass 2 tests that test general math skills and problem solving. After that there are 3 interviews. My first and 2nd interviews were back to back on the same day. First interview with one supervisor, second interview with 2 supervisors, and third interview scheduled for a later day with the manager. After that you have to pass a drug test/background check. Very involved, but they want good people

No salary negotiation

Territory Ready Representative Interview

Briefly spoke with a recruiter. At first he thought I was a man (my resume clearly shows I am a woman) this tells me he did not read my resume. During the "interview" he asked me basic questions that I answered with no problem. After these questions he informs me he has no available positions in my area. (Then why have me answer your questions for a job opening that no longer exist?) The whole process was bizzare and very misleading.

401k SALES Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Paychex.

Three interviews - Sales test it was decent process they even do a ride along to make sure you see a day in the life - what they dont show you is the stress micro management and shaddy sales training

Interview Questions
    Everyone gets 42-47 base - recruiter says you can make 100k Plus if you hit the hard to hit quota you make abouy 72-77k !