Paycom

Updated 1 Mar 2015
Updated 1 Mar 2015

3.3

Paycom Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Paycom.

Had phone interview a few days after applying. Phone interview seemed promising. Then was asked to come for in-person interview. Interviewers were not very friendly or enthusiastic. Continued to ask questions related to my current position versus why I wanted a career with Paycom. I knew walking out I would not get an offer. I felt like they did not even try to get to know me and what I could offer to their team.

Mar 03, 2015Representative

We’re sorry to hear about your experience, and can assure you this is not the norm. We appreciate your comment, and will look into ways to improve the process. Your time is greatly valued and we ... More

IT Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

The process was promising and inviting. Good follow up and guide to the interview. Interview was done by Department topshots.
    The interview felt like a ritual they were tired of doing. Enthusiasm was not high on their part all through and it wasn't Friday.

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

A recruiter called me after finding my resume on Monster.com and thought I would be a perfect fit for the CRR position at Paycom. She sent my information over to the internal recruiter at Paycom and had that person get in contact with me to set up a phone interview. We agreed on February 6th which was a Friday and I never heard from her. The following week, I received an email asking to set up another phone interview at another time early in the morning. The interview went well and we scheduled the 2nd phone interview which would then be with the CRR manager the following day. I prepared and followed all instructions online filling out a detailed application and questionnaire. Before I began to prepare for the 2nd phone interview, I received an email telling me that the Irvine CRR position had been filled and asking if I'd like to work in the LA office which is about 2 hours away. I politely declined because of the distance and commute, but asked to keep my information on file in case of any opportunities. Immediately, an opportunity arose for a transition/training position in Irvine. Unfortunately, I am looking for a sales/marketing career and I am not interested. The interview process was not very organized and lacked concern for the employee's best interest.

Feb 23, 2015Representative

We’re disappointed to hear your experience wasn't positive. We value your time and are sorry to hear about this. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.

Client Relationship Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

They have a very extensive interview process. It might vary a little, but my experience was that it starts with a call with an internal recruiter, next step is a call with the sales manager, then a web cam interview with the Director of Client Relations. Past that would have been another webcam with the VP of client relations, and in-person interview and I think the last step is shadowing a CRR to get a feel for the job (that's what I was told by the sales manager). I made it to the webcam interview with the Director (I was told the VP would be present also but he wasn't). It was definitely a difficult interview, make sure to come prepared w/ you resume and questions to ask. You have to go into the sales office to be set up with the webcam - not just an at-home Skype call. Dress business professional. Be prepared to really have to prove yourself and give solid, concrete answers. This company is looking for hard, aggressive sales people.

Interview Questions
    • Who is your role model? Why are you leaving your current position? When it got to salary history, she straight out asked, what was on your W-2 this year?   Answer Question

Client Relations Representative Interview

Whole process took about two weeks. I went through mostly all interview steps (screening, phone interview, webcam interview) except the final in-person. The recruiters were with me every step of the way to prepare me for the different stages, especially before the Webcam interview. Make sure you are staring into the camera lense the entire time, even though during my interview I could tell that both hosts were staring at themselves. They ask difficult questions and try to do everything they can to stump you. Make sure you clearly explain how hard you want to be apart of the team and specifically why Paycom. I asked what they love about Paycom and what they would like to see more of and both seemed hesitant. They said that Paycom didn't really have any weakness and that it was a great company to work for. I've asked this question during all of my interviews at different companies and appreciate when employees are honest with those who are interviewing. Every company can improve in some way, shape or form, and by identifying those problems is how a company grows and prospers. Just seemed a little bizarre. Overall, it was a positive experience for me because I will be prepared if asked similar questions in the future.

Interview Questions
    • Why sales? What type of company are your trying to work for? What motivates you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

Hounded on by three recruiters on LinkedIn, to months of phone calls and emails, meeting a hiring manager at Paycom felt necessary. Happily employed with my current company, the Glassdoor reviews (which, by the way, is fantastic marketing) appeared worthwhile enough to check into. After patiently waiting 25 minutes in the lobby of your stereotypical, suburban finance building, the hiring manager and I wasted another 45 minutes discussing golf.

Feb 26, 2015Representative

We’re sorry to hear of your experience. Your feedback is important to us, and we have addressed your situation with our recruiting team. We greatly value your time and apologize for any delays you ... More

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Paycom in February 2015.

Interview lasted 20 to 30 minutes. They asked alot of basic technical questions. It was pretty straightforward interview. They also asked about your previous programming experience and how you can contribute to this company.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom.

I applied online and a recruiter reached out to me the next day. She was very pushy that she wanted me to interview quickly with the Vice President. The interview was scheduled for two days later at 7:30 in the morning. I sat around and waited for my phone to ring, no call, no email, nothing. Finally, that afternoon, I emailed my recruiter and apparently the person I was supposed to be interviewed with "forgot". A time was rescheduled, however once again the person never called, nor did the recruiter follow up. I ended up accepting an offer with another company the same day. I'm happy I dodged a bullet of working for such an unprofessional and disorganized company.

Feb 06, 2015Representative

Professionalism is of the utmost importance to us and everyone who represents Paycom. We will look into the issue at hand. If you have any further comments concerning this incident, please connect ... More

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Paycom.

My first interview was on my university's campus. Both the national talent recruiter and the regional sales manager sat in with me. It was a great experience meeting with them both.

I was invited to an office nearby to spend a day doing prospecting calls. I was given a list of companies to call, with no real knowledge of the company's product lines. For this reason, the sales manager and the other employees stressed how important it was to only try to set up another meeting instead of selling the company and it's products. Calling was somewhat frustrating, because I had no real experience with this yet. Toward the end of my time calling, the sales manager came over and sat by me to listen in on my conversations to see if she could help me at all. By this time is was around noon so I wasn't able to connect with any businesses as most employees were at lunch. I think it may have been helpful if she had attempted to give me feedback and advice earlier on in the day.

I was able to set one appointment, but the expectation had been 3 so I was not invited back for a final interview.

Benefits Specialist Interview

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Paycom.

The first was a phone interview, then you complete prove it tests, once I had the in person interview it was actually for a different position then what I was told. Overall, very disappointed.