Paycom

148 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

OUTSIDE SALES

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details I was contacted by a Paycom recruiter and after speaking with him on the phone, I was set up with a first round interview. This was a webinar with the office manager for my specific location. Very simple and straightforward interview. The second interview was with the regional VP, which was a bit more difficult than the first. After being approved by the VP, I was invited into their office for a 4 hour prospecting session (cold calling and booking appointments). I ended up declining the offer to go in for the prospecting session.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have set you up for a successful career at Paycom?   Answer Question
  • What have you been doing in the past few months to help you succeed in this role?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't formally get an offer letter, but I ended up declining an offer to go in for the prospecting session. I did this because I received an offer from a different company.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details The interview process is very in depth. It involved being contacted for an initial meet and greet. Then from they might ask for another meeting and ask more in depth about the job. At another point you have to come in a take a typing test and a math type quiz.

Interview Question – Being asked about your willingness to work overtime.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in July 2014.

Interview Details Paycom has a difficult interview process by design. We want a very special person to join our team and service our customers. We also want anyone who is considering joining the team to see first hand the opportunity for what it is - a true B2B Hunter Sales Career. You talk our recruiters, the manager the regional manager our CSO. You interact with the team for a prospecting session, you may even go to lunch or ride along with a member of the team.

Interview Question – Who do you admire most and why?
If you had a magic wand and could change anything about your current position and manager what would it be?
  View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Phone interview, manger interview, regional manager interview, executive interview. Manager canceled my first interview the day of about an hour before the interview because they had to go on a sales call. I was not happy about that since I lived an hour and a half away from the interview site and felt it was extremely unprofessional that someone from corporate called me to cancel with only an hour of lead time. The manager didn't even call to cancel and reschedule and apologize. Second interview was via webcam, final was in person. Standard interview questions and process.

Interview Question – Typical sales questions nothing out of this world   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will not negotiate anything - not even vacation time or a signing bonus.

Paycom Response

Jul 22, 2014Representative

Thank you for the feedback. We value your time and are very sorry to hear of your experience. We will use your feedback as a means to improve the recruiting process.

Very Difficult Interview

Human Capital Consultant Interview

Human Capital Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in January 2013.

Interview Details Tough question, be prepared to feel like a loser or idiot....or both... But hey if you can smile and sell yourself and close on the interview you'll get the job like me (:

Interview Question – What is your 3rd worst quality?... threw me off   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – $50,000k not bad after college plus commission opportunities

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details The process was lengthy but it did give me a good insight to the company culture and job responsibilities. I met with both the sales manager in Phoenix and the regional sales manager both were very professional and knowledgeable about Paycom and where they see the company going.

Interview Question – The most difficult for me was the prospecting session. I did enjoy the team but this is where I realized this wasn't for me. The questions they asked made me think. They really wanted to get to know me and what drives me to success. Things I guess I had never thought about.   Answer Question

Outside B2B Sales Representative Interview

Outside B2B Sales Representative

Interviewed at Paycom

Interview Details Paycom takes its time when interviewing candidates that they may hire. They are a selective company and should be. The people on their team are very friendly and work very hard as well. These people SELL. The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen, a face to interview, canvass calling sessions, a teleconference, and a cold-calling session as well.

Interview Question – The most difficult piece of the interview was when I was asked to do cold-calling in person without knowing that would be part of the interview. I enjoyed it and appreciate the experience.   Answer Question

Outside B2B Sales Representative Interview

Outside B2B Sales Representative
Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and then had a phone interview. That went well and I then was scheduled to meet with a Hiring Manager of the local Paycom Office. I get there prepared and practiced multiple times but he ends up not showing up which frustrated me greatly. He then asks me standard questions but then questions my passion for sales.

Interview Question – Why do you have a passion for sales?   View Answer

Paycom Response

Jun 09, 2014Representative

Thank you for your feedback. At Paycom we value the time of every candidate just like we do our customers. We are very sorry that you had to wait and we will address this immediately. Please know ... More

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in September 2013.

Interview Details The Paycom hiring process is not for the weak of heart. It is stringent as the companies mindset is to hire and retain the best of the best. I went through three interviews: an initial phone screening with a recruiter, a interview with my current supervisor, and a final interview with my supervisor and a Director of my department. After the successful phone interview, the recruiter had me follow up with taking a few tests which included a test on excel, and typing tests to determine you speed. These were very clear cut tests and are easily completed if you are computer savvy. Before my first interview, I was prompted to complete another quiz, it was mostly analogies like you would see on an ACT. The test was timed but there were not expectations as far as completion. Both interviews at the company location were formal but not too intimidating. The best advice I could give would be to come prepared with knowledge on the company and specific questions on your position or the company. Also, be prepared to answer your interviewers questions with detailed professional answers.

Interview Question – My most difficult question was, where do you see yourself in five years? I am amongst the youngest here and honestly, my future could go anywhere. I was genuine and honest in my answer of what a dream future would be like for me and apparently it served me well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I originally was not interviewing for the Specialist position, even though they had positions open. My first interview I made clear that I was very customer focused as I had been in retail management for several years and working with customers and having that interaction is what I loved to do. This convinced them to interview me for the specialist position, which is higher than the original position I was applying for. Just be honest with yourself on what makes you happy, and whatever position you decide to apply for Paycom is a great place to be.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview process was very challenging but you can tell the company really cares about who they hire and wants it to be the right fit. You can tell the manager cared a lot about the culture of the office and wanted to hire someone that fit in well with the dynamic of the team. The PC session was challenging but gave a lot of insight into how the position would be and the team was very helpful. I did not make it to the final interview.

Interview Question – What is the best and worst time in your life thus far?   Answer Question

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!