Paycom

Updated 1 Mar 2015
Updated 1 Mar 2015

3.3

Benefits Specialist Interview

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Paycom.

The first was a phone interview, then you complete prove it tests, once I had the in person interview it was actually for a different position then what I was told. Overall, very disappointed.

Transition Specialist Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Paycom.

I interviewed for a sales position originally and I was recommended for the Transition Specialist Role. I had to take an excel test at home to get the interview, as well as the Wonderlic Test when I got to the office for the first interview. I interviewed with the TSR Manager as well as the Head of the department. They asked a lot of critical thinking questions, as well as questions to find out more about my experiences. I was fresh out of college at the time. I was offered the position within 4 hours of leaving the interview.

Not really a negotiation, they have a set pay structure (which has changed for the better 3 times since I started a year and a half ago). At the time the department was growing so I was able to negotiate when i started a little bit. Now they have larger training classes so there might not be as much flexibility there.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paycom in January 2015.

A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin and instead of setting me up on a call with herself, the hiring sales manager in the Boston office called me instead. I was caught off guard with the bypass of the recruiter, but the sales manager insisted because he was so impressed with my resume. We hit it off over the phone, he seemed like a real down to earth guy that was easy to get along with and he invited me into the office the next night. Once I got there, I sat down across from the hiring sales manager and also a tenured rep on his team. The sales manager did not look up from my resume once the entire interview. He grilled me on every little aspect of my resume; why I had a month in between jobs, why I didn't pursue a professional job immediately out of school, etc. He asked some real fluffy questions, too, such as, "who is your biggest role model" and "what motivates you in life?" Was that guy seriously going to decide whether to hire me or not based off questions like that? When I finally got the opportunity to ask some questions, I asked the hiring manager if he had any reservations about hiring me. He said he was disappointed that I didn't have a professional job secured right out of college and that he only wants to hire people who are 100% gun ho perusing sales. I guess taking two small jobs after college to figure out what you want to do is not taken lightly at Paycom.

Interview Questions
    • Are you intrinsically or extrinsically motivated?   View Answer

Paycom Response

Feb 06, 2015Representative

I am sorry to hear about your experience and can assure you this is not the norm in any of our offices across the nation. Thank you for your comments and we wish you the best in future endeavors.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

There are a few steps involved in the interview process, but the recruiters do a great job of walking you through what is involved for each step. You know where you stand at each point, and each step gives you a look inside the company from a different angle. If you take advantage of it, the interview process gives you a great idea of whether this is the position for you before you take that leap from another employer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the person for this position over all the other applicants?   Answer Question

Customer Relations Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter the next day. She told me a bit more about the position, explained the training process and went over benefits and starting salary along with commission structure. We set up a time for a phone interview with a hiring manager. In total the interview lasted around 45 minutes. Standard interview questions were asked. The person interviewing me didn't have a copy of my resume nor had ever seen it, despite including it on the online application. I feel like it was a bit awkward explaining all my work experience over the phone in this way. The manager concluded the interview by explaining that the company doesn't simply hire to fill the role, but seeks out only the best candidates. "I'm not hiring anyone unless I believe they will be the best CRR in the Northeast." At this point, I felt it was safe to assume she did not feel this way about me. I received an email from the recruiter one week later thanking me for my time and that the company pursued other applicants.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom.

The Paycom recruiter emailed me regarding what to expect for the face-to face interview in Portland, OR, which I was told not to bring anything. The manager interviewing me was double booked and had me sit in the conference room so he could print my resume. When it came to making regular conversation he was a great guy to talk to, but in the interview process I was bombarded with questions. I understand that this is an executive position. However, it seemed like her had pre-planned questions instead of asking me questions about my answers. One question was, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" I said I would like to be an account executive for Paycom. After driving 50 minutes for an interview, this meeting lasted 15 minutes because he pictured me as an an "Account executive." Apparently they didn't like ambition

Ncs Administration Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Paycom.

phone contact, in person interview with recruiter, supervisor and manager. Thorough background and credit check. Will send you excel and personality test. Will also do more testing in the office before your interview. Math and Logic test

Interview Questions
    • What motivates you? Why did you leave your last employer? How do you think you can help the company? Are you good at details? What are you good at? What skills do you have? What are you hobbies?   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Paycom in December 2014.

Fairly easy interview process. The recruiter will email you information on the indicidual you are meeting with and tell you to dress business professional. Everyone I came into contact was extremely helpful and professional. The only difficult part of the interviews is the calling portion. It can be pretty hit or miss.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions: what do you know about Paycom? Tell me about yourself. What can you bring to the company? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What experience in Sales do you have? Etc.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Recruiter reaches out for a phone interview and then sends a data entry style test to get speed and accuracy benchmark. On site interview is done with a supervisor level then passed for a final interview. Drug test and background checks are the final step. Extremely thorough and challenging but overall a great experience. Recruiter did a great job of walking me through what to expect which each step of the process.

Interview Questions
    • What do you have to offer Paycom that others who have applied for the job don't? Why should we offer you the job? Why are you leaving your current employer? What is the most challenging customer service experience you have encountered this year?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in October 2014.

The toughest part of the interview process was driving to OKC. The communication between HR was excellent and the interviews were very comfortable and pleasant. HR contacted me and set up a first interview. The afternoon of my first interview, I received a phone call asking me when I would be available for my second interview. One day following my second interview, I was made an offer. HR was available via phone or email to answer any questions that I had along the way and the interviewers were very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    • I prepared for the interview questions, so I didn't find any of them to be difficult or unexpected. Most of them had to do with my previous programming experience and the level of skills that I had with each programming language.   Answer Question
    I had done my homework on the position and I had a bottom line amount that I could accept before I would even consider moving. Their first offer was competitive and met my expectation.