Paycom

Updated 20 Oct 2014
Updated 20 Oct 2014

3.3

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

Difference between Class and Id?
    Alignment of Div tags?
    Two technical programs, one is palindrome and other find one string in other string?
    find whether the string has duplicates?

Interview Questions
    • Interview should be behavioral but this time it gone completely through technical   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in March 2014.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter after meeting him on campus. He set me up to come in and meet with the IT director. That interview went well so I had the chance to speak with the CIO. Both of the interviews were comfortable. They focused on the technical side of things and asked some behavorial questions.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty standard. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

May 12, 2014Representative

Thank you for telling everyone about your interview experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

Submitted resume and application in response to an advertisement for job opening. I then received a phone call to come in for an open interview/job fair type hiring process. I was interviewed by a H.R. person in an informal, casual atmosphere where they just kind of go over the basics with you and determine your interest level and qualification level. At that time I was advised that they would be narrowing down the group for final selection and that I would receive a call within a week if I was chosen for the next round of interviews but I did not hear from them again. I assume it was because I lacked enough experience.

However the experience was very nice and professional and casual so there was no feeling of pressure or nervousness.

Interview Questions
    • I did not think any of the questions were difficult or unexpected. At this level of interview, the questions were very generalized.   Answer Question

Outside Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

Interview went pretty well, I had thought. The interviewer did seem to rush through the questions a little bit, and maybe that was because she made her mind up pretty hastily. I mentioned that I wanted to work in order to make money and be able to do things, and I think she took my use of the phrase "work/life balance" to mean that I wanted a ton of vacation time. If I were to guess, that misunderstanding would be why I didn't get a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Probably when she asked me if I was prepared to work more than forty hours a week, just because I would have thought that my previous answers made it clear that I was.   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

It was strenuous but good. They only hire the best so they are picky and I think it is for the best. The manager was nice and helpful and the regional gave me many good things to think on.

None

Outside B2B Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

I applied online and then had a phone interview. That went well and I then was scheduled to meet with a Hiring Manager of the local Paycom Office. I get there prepared and practiced multiple times but he ends up not showing up which frustrated me greatly. He then asks me standard questions but then questions my passion for sales.

Jun 09, 2014Representative

Thank you for your feedback. At Paycom we value the time of every candidate just like we do our customers. We are very sorry that you had to wait and we will address this immediately. Please know ... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in February 2014.

The most difficult part of this interview was a phone interview, then taking 3 tests online, then taking another test onsite, then having an in person interview. I was told I should hear by the end of the week. I never heard back. Not even an email.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were simple and extremely typical of an interview.   Answer Question

Mar 18, 2014Representative

I'm sorry to hear you have not heard back following your interview. Please reach out to your recruiter or staffing agency.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Paycom.

The hiring and interview process was seamless and a great insight to company culture and expectations. The process was difficult only leaving the best of the best.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the process was the multiple in-depth interviews. All questions in general were more difficult that other interviews.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in January 2014.

I contacted a recruiter about the position and was told that I had a solid background for the position and setup an in-person interview at the office in Chicago with the Sales Manager. My first interview was straight forward, pretty basic questions. Tell me about a time... Why are you a good fit for Paycom?

Made it to the second round and had a webcam interview with the regional sales manager. Much more thorough of an interview, really checking to see why you want to sell payroll and work for them. I sold myself and was moved on to a phone canvassing session back in the Chicago office.

I showed up on a Friday morning for a 4 hour cold calling session. You are given a list of numbers to call, a brief script to practice with prior and left to your own devices. They expect you to land 3 confirmed appointments in 4 hours, which is incredibly difficult in that industry. I went on to cold call and land THREE appointments in the allotted time.

The recruiter reached out to me a few days later and told me they were going with someone else. I recommend following up and really getting to know the people in the office you visit as best you can. I feel like they have a strong influence on your hiring managers decision.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paycom in January 2014.

Pretty straight forward process. Had a phone interview with a recruiter, moved on to an in person interview with hiring manager. If that goes well, they invite you in for a sales prospecting session, where the goal is to complete 3-5 appointments in a four hour period. Based on those results, you basically will be made an offer or passed on.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me in three words where you want to be in three months.   View Answer
    No negotiation, salary was well-known