Paycom

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

Interview Details I had two rounds of interviews. No problems with the first. But the second day was different since I was to meet three different people, one right after the other. This would have been OK if the first person hadn't been late. I was gone from my then-current employer for about three hours. I'm lucky no one noticed.

Interview Question – Twice I was asked on the spot about what ad or campaign I would do for such and such product. That's not a legitimate question since a true answer requires research, research, brainstorming, more research, more brainstorming, research, research, brainstorming and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and sweet.

Software Sales Position Interview

Software Sales Position
Denver, CO (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paycom in August 2013.

Interview Details I met with the Sales Manager in Denver. She was tough, and very detailed. We talked for about 30 minutes. I was definitely excited when I got out of the interview, and realized that I wanted this career. Her story was the story I wanted for myself. I got moved forward to meet with the Regional manager, and she was just as great. She did not beat around the bush, but was very personable. I did not get the position, but the very professional recruiter let me know what I needed to do, and request that I come back after getting some B2B Sales experience. I appreciated the honesty, and the feedback that I felt like helped me. I am determined to go back, and get this career at Paycom.

Interview Question – She gave me a sales scenario, and wanted me to walk through it step by step.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details The interview process is very thorough. I applied online and was called almost immediately regarding the position. The Director of Recruiting is as professional and courteous as they come. She notified me of the process and asked me to come in the next day for an interview. I was interviewed on two different occasions and offered the position. In addition to the interviews, I was asked to complete testing and had a full background check run on me.

Interview Question – Name one experience you learned from at your previous employer.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed at Paycom in September 2013.

Interview Details Their questions were pretty basic and straightforward. Make sure and remember answers to probably the top 3 most crucial questions
1. Why would you be a great fit for this position
2. Why do you think you'd be great at sales
3. Why do you want to work at Paycom?

Interview Question – What do you like to do in your spare time?   Answer Question

Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paycom in April 2013.

Interview Details My recruiter was very on task while setting up all the interviews. I had my first interview with a manager, second with the regional manager, then phone canvassing where i had to set three apointments, a ride along with a seasoned rep, and my final interview was with Cheif Sales Officer. The process gives insight to the candidate on what the actual job will be like which is helpful to me to see if this is what i really want, and also to Paycom to see if I was who they really want. This made going into the job easy because I was prepared for what day to day would be like. Paycom wants people who are real and motivated.

Interview Question – How I would keep myself motivated when I was already making more money than most my age?   Answer Question

Aug 20, 2013

Thank you for discussing your interview experience. You are right in that we want our candidates to get a true feel for a day in the life of a Paycom sales representative, so they can determine if it ... More

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom in August 2010.

Interview Details I had a phone interview and a one on one meeting with the Director of Recruitment. I also had the opportunity to spend time with one of the senior recruiters to ask his opinion on the position and get a good idea of the day to day aspect of the position. While there were a lot of questions on my qualifications, I also felt like they were trying to determine if I would be a good fit for the team. Everything was extremely professional.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected. Be prepared to explain your success and document it if at all possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is set compensation for most starting positions at Paycom.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Payroll Specialist
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Paycom in July 2013.

Interview Details I came for my interview and was told to come back another day because all their managers were in meetings. The recruiter even got my name wrong. After I came back for a rescheduled interview, there was no apology or knowledge that I didn't get to see anyone the first time. I find it ironic that this company offers employment management services when they can't even manage potential employees. I don't even want to know how they handle their actual employees. My interviewer told me they would have a decision at the beginning of the next week. It's been five weeks since the interview... I never heard back from them.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for a payroll and employment management company that's completely different from what you majored in college?   View Answer

Aug 22, 2013

I am sorry to hear about your experience as this is certainly not standard Paycom protocol. We value each of our potential hires time and have looked into the issue at hand.

Very Easy Interview

Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Recruiters were very nice and energetic. Made Paycom to seem like a very friendly environment. My interviewer was a young woman who recently relocated from North Carolina and what turned me off of the company was her comment about being shocked that people refused to speak English to her in Miami. The comment was inappropriate for an interview sounded almost racist towards Hispanic. Being a caucasian Hispanic woman myself, I was taken back and shocked that a manager would have the gumption to mention that in an interview. She seemed moody and arrogant upon her late arrival to the office and nobody appeared happy in the office. You could hear a pin drop and everyone seemed new.

Interview Question – Questions were normal, nothing off base but interviewer did not seem interested in the interviewer.   Answer Question

Aug 07, 2013

We’re sorry to hear about your experience and are looking into this matter. This isn’t normal behavior of our employees or management, nor do we condone such behavior. At Paycom we promote equal ... More

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Pretty tedious, you will have a phone screen, then a 1st interview with the sales manager, if he or she 'likes' you then you will have a second interview with the regional manager... you will then be set up to do a cold calling blitz where you MUST set a minimum of 3 appointments. Last, you will interview with the CSO of the company via web cam - this is intimidating but he will base his decision mainly off of what the manager says about you.

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paycom.

Interview Details Contacted by Recruiter and then did a series of interviews.
The entire process is handled by the Recruiter.
First interview was with an IT Manager and then a follow up interview with the CIO.

The interview process was not largely technical but they asked a bit about my previous projects and my role in them.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question