Pearson

2.9

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in July 2014.

Two stage process; phone screening interview (~50 mins) followed by face to face interview, including a skills test (total ~2.5 hrs). Interviews had standard questions, CV review, giving examples of being in a team, leading a team, disputes, any problems, dealing with deadlines, etc. Technical task involved demonstrating how you would analyse a dataset using Excel only.

Very comfortable interview process, friendly environment.

No negotiation.

Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson.

two face-to-face interviews, feedback was slow, deceptive job description, job was put on hold after making an offer, went through all the interview stages could have told me before, made me wait months then changed offer again. be prepared to be bounced around, salaries are also low. also make sure you understand what the role requires ask lots of questions because it might not end up being what the job description states.

none

Vice President Operations & Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

2 Interviews, some perfunctory and simple 'tests'. All in all the HR approach to this recruitment process lacked appropriate robustness and seemed to me to be very much an after-thought or low priority.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to suggest how I may react to a case-study I was provided with. The response I gave was broadly common sense, the case study test in this case could have only weeded out the most ignorant or simple minded candidates, it certainly was not taxing in the least!   Answer Question
    Again, the HR lead appeared to be preoccupied and disinterested and didn't engage very effectively at all. I felt that I was an irritant to their priority lists. This was a concern at the time as the role I was being recruited into was relatively senior.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson in March 2010.

I applied through their website and submitted a CV and a cover letter. I got an e-mail through probably a month later inviting for an interview which was scheduled in about 2 weeks. I couldn't physically attend the interview so we spoke to the hiring and the HR managers over a video conference. Both ladies were really good and were supportive throughout the interview. The interview itself was pretty long - it took roughly 1.5 hours as they asked about every single point on my CV and I had to provide evidence as we spoke. They also asked me to do some tasks like pitching the new product, etc. which they gave me some time to prepare for. The interview was pretty standard for this position and there was nothing out of the blue that I couldn't deal with. The best advice I could give is to make sure that you meet their criteria and keep calm throughout the interview as it will be long and you will have to prove that you are the best person but it's rewarding.

Interview Questions
    • Think of an activity that really interests you. How would you do to make other people interested in it?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate as it was a set contract for a fixed term position.

Pearson Vue Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

The process took a weekinterviewed at Pearson in February 2009.

The telephonic came first. The HR person was extremely courteous. He asked me about my background, education, and work ex. Then called back in about 3 days to tell me I had qualified the telephonic and was invited to a 1 to 1. He told me the dress code, stuff I had to carry..I was a complete novice then, asked him all basic questions but he was absolutely non-judgmental.

The face to face was with 2 ppl...one was an HR girl..the other the marketing manager perhaps. They were extremely polite again, made me very comfortable, asked me in depth about my projects at college, strengths, why i wanted to join the company. Basically the typical interview questions. Unfortunately, tehy were looking for digital marketing exp..which I dint have. The HR guy called back and almost apologetically told me the results...gave feedback as well.

All in all.. a good experience, despite the fact that i didnt get the job.

Interview Questions
    • We want to install an intranet for the office. What features would you like to put in.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

My interview process although long and intensive was a positive experience. I spoke with 2 people on the phone prior to coming into the office where I met with 4 people over the course of my day here. Everyone was nice, honest and really passionate about the job. My process started via an online posting and I was contacted from there by a local representative.

Interview Questions
    • How I felt about changing pace and working in a new environment.   Answer Question
    I provided a dollar figure and from there received a call back as to whether or not they could accommodate my desired number.

Pearson Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Terrible phone interview process. I was contact after I applied online on their corporate website (directed to by our university). The recruiter calls right on the clock, which was good, but she asked me NOTHING about myself. I thought she would have called to discuss my backgrounds and fit with the company, but she was uninterested. Do they hire just anyone? Her first question asked about what I knew about the company and delved into the oddest behavioral questions ever. No responses to my emails and just a generic rejection email couple days later. Couldnt even ask for feedback because she just cut me off.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Phone interview followed by a in person interview. Direct manager was located in different state. Never met her face-to-face until after being hired. Met with the VP. The interview process was straight to the point. No fluff.

Interview Questions
    There is an option to negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

Several interviews with different divisions of the company; including marketing, custom and technology sales, as well as the division president. A campus project is required and will take at least two to three days to complete.

Software Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

3 rounds 1 HR 1 technical 1 onsite. HR would ask basic questions on your resume. Technical would be through google hangouts. Basic programming and logical questions. Question on Pseudocode. Last round would be onsite, just to assess your personality and provide you with offer