Pearson Interview Questions

2.9

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harlow, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in July 2014.

Two stage process; phone screening interview (~50 mins) followed by face to face interview, including a skills test (total ~2.5 hrs). Interviews had standard questions, CV review, giving examples of being in a team, leading a team, disputes, any problems, dealing with deadlines, etc. Technical task involved demonstrating how you would analyse a dataset using Excel only.

Very comfortable interview process, friendly environment.

No negotiation.

Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Pearson.

two face-to-face interviews, feedback was slow, deceptive job description, job was put on hold after making an offer, went through all the interview stages could have told me before, made me wait months then changed offer again. be prepared to be bounced around, salaries are also low. also make sure you understand what the role requires ask lots of questions because it might not end up being what the job description states.

none

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson in March 2010.

I applied through their website and submitted a CV and a cover letter. I got an e-mail through probably a month later inviting for an interview which was scheduled in about 2 weeks. I couldn't physically attend the interview so we spoke to the hiring and the HR managers over a video conference. Both ladies were really good and were supportive throughout the interview. The interview itself was pretty long - it took roughly 1.5 hours as they asked about every single point on my CV and I had to provide evidence as we spoke. They also asked me to do some tasks like pitching the new product, etc. which they gave me some time to prepare for. The interview was pretty standard for this position and there was nothing out of the blue that I couldn't deal with. The best advice I could give is to make sure that you meet their criteria and keep calm throughout the interview as it will be long and you will have to prove that you are the best person but it's rewarding.

Interview Questions
    • Think of an activity that really interests you. How would you do to make other people interested in it?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate as it was a set contract for a fixed term position.

Vice President Operations & Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

2 Interviews, some perfunctory and simple 'tests'. All in all the HR approach to this recruitment process lacked appropriate robustness and seemed to me to be very much an after-thought or low priority.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to suggest how I may react to a case-study I was provided with. The response I gave was broadly common sense, the case study test in this case could have only weeded out the most ignorant or simple minded candidates, it certainly was not taxing in the least!   Answer Question
    Again, the HR lead appeared to be preoccupied and disinterested and didn't engage very effectively at all. I felt that I was an irritant to their priority lists. This was a concern at the time as the role I was being recruited into was relatively senior.

Pearson Vue Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pearson in February 2009.

The telephonic came first. The HR person was extremely courteous. He asked me about my background, education, and work ex. Then called back in about 3 days to tell me I had qualified the telephonic and was invited to a 1 to 1. He told me the dress code, stuff I had to carry..I was a complete novice then, asked him all basic questions but he was absolutely non-judgmental.

The face to face was with 2 ppl...one was an HR girl..the other the marketing manager perhaps. They were extremely polite again, made me very comfortable, asked me in depth about my projects at college, strengths, why i wanted to join the company. Basically the typical interview questions. Unfortunately, tehy were looking for digital marketing exp..which I dint have. The HR guy called back and almost apologetically told me the results...gave feedback as well.

All in all.. a good experience, despite the fact that i didnt get the job.

Interview Questions
    • We want to install an intranet for the office. What features would you like to put in.   Answer Question

Scorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

The interview process involved answering a series of questions online. The process was straight forward. You will receive an email with further instructions about the location and duration of the project. You will have to past a series of tests to determine weather you will qualify for a project. Once I was hired, I was ready to work on a project. The projects involve scoring and client information is kept confidential. You will have to sign a contract stating that you will not talk about the projects. No notebooks, recorders, etc. are allowed on the scoring floor.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question involved languages spoken.   View Answer

Position In Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Online application lead to a phone interview with hiring manager and the HR manager. Following the phone call I had two in person, panel interviews. Each contained a variety of people who touch the role; the final interview included senior executives.

Interview Questions
    Short. They inquired about my range and beat my expectations.

Associate Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in April 2014.

First contact after my application was quick. I was contacted by the department manager and discussed setting up an interview.

I interviewed with both the department manager and the team leader for the position. Questions were straight forward and without any catches or pitfalls. The job was explained well and matched exactly what the job ended up being.

Within approximately a week and a half I was contacted by the human resource contact and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handled around 40 open projects at once?   Answer Question

Pearson Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Pearson.

HR very helpful. I applied online and in a few days I got a call. Bachelor's degree required.

I didn't negotiate.

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

It was a few rounds. With a HR first and then with the hiring manager and the vertical heals. The HR had little understanding of the job, so their questions did not make sense. The hiring manager really wanted to hire someone fast so he was answering his own questions after he (probably) felt I was the right candidate. The vertical head knew that I came from a similar background (industry experience) so most of the questions were behavioural.

1st offer I got was less than what i was making

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!