Pearson Interview Questions

2.9

Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in July 2014.

Two stage process; phone screening interview (~50 mins) followed by face to face interview, including a skills test (total ~2.5 hrs). Interviews had standard questions, CV review, giving examples of being in a team, leading a team, disputes, any problems, dealing with deadlines, etc. Technical task involved demonstrating how you would analyse a dataset using Excel only.

Very comfortable interview process, friendly environment.

No negotiation.

Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson.

two face-to-face interviews, feedback was slow, deceptive job description, job was put on hold after making an offer, went through all the interview stages could have told me before, made me wait months then changed offer again. be prepared to be bounced around, salaries are also low. also make sure you understand what the role requires ask lots of questions because it might not end up being what the job description states.

none

Vice President Operations & Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

2 Interviews, some perfunctory and simple 'tests'. All in all the HR approach to this recruitment process lacked appropriate robustness and seemed to me to be very much an after-thought or low priority.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to suggest how I may react to a case-study I was provided with. The response I gave was broadly common sense, the case study test in this case could have only weeded out the most ignorant or simple minded candidates, it certainly was not taxing in the least!   Answer Question
    Again, the HR lead appeared to be preoccupied and disinterested and didn't engage very effectively at all. I felt that I was an irritant to their priority lists. This was a concern at the time as the role I was being recruited into was relatively senior.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson in March 2010.

I applied through their website and submitted a CV and a cover letter. I got an e-mail through probably a month later inviting for an interview which was scheduled in about 2 weeks. I couldn't physically attend the interview so we spoke to the hiring and the HR managers over a video conference. Both ladies were really good and were supportive throughout the interview. The interview itself was pretty long - it took roughly 1.5 hours as they asked about every single point on my CV and I had to provide evidence as we spoke. They also asked me to do some tasks like pitching the new product, etc. which they gave me some time to prepare for. The interview was pretty standard for this position and there was nothing out of the blue that I couldn't deal with. The best advice I could give is to make sure that you meet their criteria and keep calm throughout the interview as it will be long and you will have to prove that you are the best person but it's rewarding.

Interview Questions
    • Think of an activity that really interests you. How would you do to make other people interested in it?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate as it was a set contract for a fixed term position.

Pearson Vue Marketing Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

The process took a weekinterviewed at Pearson in February 2009.

The telephonic came first. The HR person was extremely courteous. He asked me about my background, education, and work ex. Then called back in about 3 days to tell me I had qualified the telephonic and was invited to a 1 to 1. He told me the dress code, stuff I had to carry..I was a complete novice then, asked him all basic questions but he was absolutely non-judgmental.

The face to face was with 2 ppl...one was an HR girl..the other the marketing manager perhaps. They were extremely polite again, made me very comfortable, asked me in depth about my projects at college, strengths, why i wanted to join the company. Basically the typical interview questions. Unfortunately, tehy were looking for digital marketing exp..which I dint have. The HR guy called back and almost apologetically told me the results...gave feedback as well.

All in all.. a good experience, despite the fact that i didnt get the job.

Interview Questions
    • We want to install an intranet for the office. What features would you like to put in.   Answer Question

Enrollement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

First phone screening by the recruiter, he then brings you in for an "open house session" as they call it. I can admit I was a bit nervous. As I sat down with 3 different managers for the position. This was my first time doing a group interview session. Very intense process ,unfortunately I did not get the position.

Test Center Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

apply online. initial phone screening interview. onsite interview with one up manager (regional) although that interview may be a phone interview as well. My interview was over the phone with a recruiter, then with the test center manager and regional manager on a conference call. I was hired sight unseen.

Interview Questions
    • most questions center around honesty and integrity, customer service.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Spoke with recruiter, who guided me through the process of submitting my resume via their website. Met with SVP, Director, Hiring Manager, and Principal during interview process. Interview process was pretty straight forward, relying more on explaining my past experience and what I had direct work experience with versus asking a lot of direct technical questions to test my knowledge. The recruiter was my primary point of contact coordinating the entire process, but didn't know/understand much about the actual role.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was overly difficult or unexpected. It was one of the most straightforward interviews I've had.   Answer Question
    I did not push hard to negotiate, which I wish I had. The recruiter seemed very firm on pretty much everything being non-negotiable, but later found out others had been able to negotiate additional vacation time, etc.

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Pearson.

After a phone interview and a few emails, a face to face was quickly arranged. They wanted to fill the position rather quickly. When finally had an in person interview, was not told it would be with more than one person in the room.

Interview Questions
    • "When did you graduate college?" When this is the first question of the interview, following handshakes, you should walk away. This is just a ploy to find out how old you are. If you are over 40, or have an extensive resume only showing the last 10 years but are obviously a "seasoned" worker, I, and several labor attorneys find this very inappropriate.   Answer Question

Position In Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Online application lead to a phone interview with hiring manager and the HR manager. Following the phone call I had two in person, panel interviews. Each contained a variety of people who touch the role; the final interview included senior executives.

Interview Questions
    Short. They inquired about my range and beat my expectations.