Pearson Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.9

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England) in September 2014.

Interview

Two stages of interviews, first interview was with direct line manager and second interview was with a board of four current employees. In depth, details and challenging they cover all aspects of the role and business.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of marketing campaign that have seen positive ROI   Answer Question

Statistical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Harlow, England) in July 2014.

Interview

Two stage process; phone screening interview (~50 mins) followed by face to face interview, including a skills test (total ~2.5 hrs). Interviews had standard questions, CV review, giving examples of being in a team, leading a team, disputes, any problems, dealing with deadlines, etc. Technical task involved demonstrating how you would analyse a dataset using Excel only.

Very comfortable interview process, friendly environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

two face-to-face interviews, feedback was slow, deceptive job description, job was put on hold after making an offer, went through all the interview stages could have told me before, made me wait months then changed offer again. be prepared to be bounced around, salaries are also low. also make sure you understand what the role requires ask lots of questions because it might not end up being what the job description states.

Negotiation

none

Vice President Operations & Technology Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (London, England).

Interview

2 Interviews, some perfunctory and simple 'tests'. All in all the HR approach to this recruitment process lacked appropriate robustness and seemed to me to be very much an after-thought or low priority.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to suggest how I may react to a case-study I was provided with. The response I gave was broadly common sense, the case study test in this case could have only weeded out the most ignorant or simple minded candidates, it certainly was not taxing in the least!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Again, the HR lead appeared to be preoccupied and disinterested and didn't engage very effectively at all. I felt that I was an irritant to their priority lists. This was a concern at the time as the role I was being recruited into was relatively senior.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson (London, England) in April 2012.

Interview

Initial formal interview with Head of XX, after that stage I was invited back for an informal chat with other team members. The process was very quick and well managed. Good questions asked, didn't feel too formal/pressurised and was all straghtforward, clear and no messing around.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Pearson?   1 Answer

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson (London, England) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied through their website and submitted a CV and a cover letter. I got an e-mail through probably a month later inviting for an interview which was scheduled in about 2 weeks. I couldn't physically attend the interview so we spoke to the hiring and the HR managers over a video conference. Both ladies were really good and were supportive throughout the interview. The interview itself was pretty long - it took roughly 1.5 hours as they asked about every single point on my CV and I had to provide evidence as we spoke. They also asked me to do some tasks like pitching the new product, etc. which they gave me some time to prepare for. The interview was pretty standard for this position and there was nothing out of the blue that I couldn't deal with. The best advice I could give is to make sure that you meet their criteria and keep calm throughout the interview as it will be long and you will have to prove that you are the best person but it's rewarding.

Interview Questions

• Think of an activity that really interests you. How would you do to make other people interested in it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate as it was a set contract for a fixed term position.

Pearson Vue Marketing Internship Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Pearson (Manchester, England) in February 2009.

Interview

The telephonic came first. The HR person was extremely courteous. He asked me about my background, education, and work ex. Then called back in about 3 days to tell me I had qualified the telephonic and was invited to a 1 to 1. He told me the dress code, stuff I had to carry..I was a complete novice then, asked him all basic questions but he was absolutely non-judgmental.

The face to face was with 2 ppl...one was an HR girl..the other the marketing manager perhaps. They were extremely polite again, made me very comfortable, asked me in depth about my projects at college, strengths, why i wanted to join the company. Basically the typical interview questions. Unfortunately, tehy were looking for digital marketing exp..which I dint have. The HR guy called back and almost apologetically told me the results...gave feedback as well.

All in all.. a good experience, despite the fact that i didnt get the job.

Interview Questions

• We want to install an intranet for the office. What features would you like to put in.   Answer Question

Scorer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

At the time I worked at Pearson they placed and ad in the paper and online, you are required to have a Bachelor's degree, then after you applied you would receive and email with what to do next, and met with the HR Manager on site, bringing in your IDs, degree, etc, had undergo background checks and told when the position would begin.

Interview Questions

• Interview process pretty easy, they reviewed your resume asked few basic questions.   Answer Question

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward; the usual technical aptitude questions and standard people skills questions. The Hiring process, however, took what seemed like forever. They do a thorough background check and this process can take a very long time.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

I interviewed with the Editorial Assistant currently in the role, the project/program managers on the team, and the editors I'd support. I had to come in to the office for the interview. The process took about 3 hours as there were quite a number of people I met that day.