Pearson

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in January 2013.

Interview Details All contact through email. Went in for interview that lasted 2 hours with 2 people. Nice friendly atmosphere.

Interview Question – No hard or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Pearson 2011 Summer Internship Program Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in May 2011.

Interview Details It was a relatively smooth process. I received an e-mail scheduling me for a phone interview a month after submitting my application, and was invited to interview in person one week later. My interviewer was very respectful and open about the internship's responsibilities and the program's structure.

Interview Question – What are several goals you've set for yourself (and accomplished) thus far?   View Answer

Intern Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Pearson in March 2010.

Interview Details Typical interview--nothing too surprising. The questions were short and sweet, though I imagine the interview process would be more comprehensive if it had been for a permanent position. It was an overall very positive experience--the HR people at Pearson are some of the most personable around.

Interview Question – What is you greatest strength?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase for this level of employment--though I imagine they would be very fair and reasonable. Again, the HR at Pearson are actually good people that care about the entire process and the well being of the employees.

Financial Analyst Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pearson in August 2009.

Interview Details The Human Resources Coordinator emailed me the interview schedule. I spent the first half hour filling out an application in the conference. The Human Resources Coordinator talked to me about the benefits, took me on a tour of the building and interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me about my resume and he didn't say that much.

Interview Question – Can you tell me how you dealt with a rude co-worker?   Answer Question

Editorial Internship Interview

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Pearson in May 2009.

Interview Details I received a call in the morning to come in for an interview at their office. The position was for an editorial internship and I was curious about the various tasks I would have to do. However, the interviews are done by human resources, and it seems that my interviewer wasn't too sure about the daily tasks of an editorial intern. However, the interviewer was very resourceful about the company, management, and was assuring that I would be mentored by one of the senior employees. The interview itself wasn't too difficult, but more of a personality check. In fact, it was more of like a conversation than a series of questions, and the interview was over before I realized it had started.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be in publishing?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pearson interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pearson employees and interview candidates.