PepsiCo

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern
London, England

Interviewed at PepsiCo

Interview Details Started with a phone interview with one of their regional sales managers in UK.
Very informal chat regarding my previous sales experience, choice of university, and course. Further questions on my career motivations, overall an easy interview, no tough questions

Interview Question – As mentioned, the chat was informal, and there were no real difficult questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a better job

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at PepsiCo.

Interview Details The assessment center was most of a day including aStandard HR interview, 'times when you've worked in a team' etc...
Followed by technical interview based on university projects.
Final group activity.

Interview Question – Situation where you've had to flex your personality.   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Interview

Industrial Placement
Theale, South East England, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

Interview Details Apply, Face-to Face Interview,Assessment

Interview Question – regular interview questions   Answer Question

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Infrastructure Analyst
Reading, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2010.

Interview Details A set series of questions were asked referencing my CV regarding illustrating how I'd shown an example of various traits they were looking for, e.g. Can you give an example of when you've had to stand up to authority and how you handled it?

There were 2 people from the department in the interview, one of whom asked questions the other simply made notes; however there was a hint of good cop-bad cop at one point with the note taker stepping in with followup questions and challenges to assess how the example given squared up to the questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide an example of when you've had to stand up against someone in a position of authority and illustrate how you went about it.   Answer Question
  • Can you provide an example when you've had to lead a team or otherwise take the initiative.   View Answer
  • Can you provide an example of when you've worked as part of a team and what you feel your role was throughout.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Leicester, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in February 2010.

Interview Details I applied for the role, and had the first round interview at my University. There were two people interviewing and they spent time ensuring that I was comfortable. They asked quite a few questions (e.g. describe yourself in 5 words, describe a situation where you did something you regret). The 2nd round interview was a technical interview.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you did something you regreted   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern
Theale, South East England, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2008.

Interview Details Informal and friendly, case presentation was under time pressure so a clear and organised mind is essential, back to back interviews again can put you under pressure. Not clear on what division you were going to be place in, good opportunities for rapid advancement and international mobility

Interview Question – Describe a time when you managed a culturally disperate team   Answer Question

Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst Interview

Vendor Managed Inventory Analyst
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in November 2012.

Interview Details I was first referred to my employer by a friend. (He got a $1,500 bonus when I ultimately got the job, which is pretty awesome.) I waited for a call about setting up an interview for well over a month. The initial interview was over the phone, very easy, I’m sure they use this to weed out anyone terrible. The second interview consisted of 3 panels of 3 people each. They were pretty short and they asked the standard questions behavioral questions like “tell me about a time when you had to work with someone difficult”. If you google “standard interview questions” and prepare for those, you’ll be all set!

The timing was right, they called me a couple days after the interview because they needed someone immediately. I have, however, heard bad stories about people getting put in the “pipeline”. This means they call and tell you “we like you, we want to offer you a job, but there is nothing available right now. Hold tight.” Someone that interviewed the same day as me (also friends with the person that referred me) didn’t get an offer for about 2 months. By then he had already started another job and was no longer interested. So don’t wait around for them to call you.

Overall, pretty easy and good interview experience for me.

Interview Question – Give me your top 3 weaknesses. I never know what a good answer would be for this one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate salary, because I felt like it was generous compared to what I was currently making. I tried to negotiate an extra week of vacation, and they promptly shot me down. I only get 2 weeks.

Engineering R&D Interview

Engineering R&D
Plano, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

Interview Details On campus screening interview (20 min) during job fair. On campus technical and behavioral interviews (30 minutes each) two weeks later. They'll call you right away if they want you!

Interview Question – Given this PFD, and several problems we have with a potato chip line, come up with a solution using engineering principles.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A for internship

RSR Interview

RSR

Interviewed at PepsiCo

Interview Details Phone Interview, then called in for a face to face with 2 managers. Then i got a call over a month later to come in for another interview with 2 different managers. Then i got hired.

Interview Question – Very easy questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at PepsiCo in January 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was shady. The interviews already knew that they were going to hire someone from the inside but had myself and one other candidate interview and told us both that each of us had strengths and weakness and we were both liked. In the end they chose a candidate from another dept.

Interview Question – Do I have experience in areas in which I already hold a degree (Bachelors and Masters)   Answer Question

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!