PepsiCo

Updated 13 Nov 2014

2.8

Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Theale, South East England, England

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo in June 2014.

Initial phone interview with off-shore internal recruiters to assess suitability and discuss the role in more detail. Two initial phone conversations with recruiters led to a more formal phone interview with hiring manager and peers. Next stage was a face to face interview at the office site. Overall, I found everybody very relaxed, friendly and very open.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favourite product from the Pepsico product range?   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Started with a phone interview with one of their regional sales managers in UK.
    Very informal chat regarding my previous sales experience, choice of university, and course. Further questions on my career motivations, overall an easy interview, no tough questions

Interview Questions
    • As mentioned, the chat was informal, and there were no real difficult questions   Answer Question

Accepted a better job

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo.

The assessment center was most of a day including aStandard HR interview, 'times when you've worked in a team' etc...
    Followed by technical interview based on university projects.
    Final group activity.

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Theale, South East England, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo in October 2013.

Apply, Face-to Face Interview,Assessment

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2010.

I applied for the role, and had the first round interview at my University. There were two people interviewing and they spent time ensuring that I was comfortable. They asked quite a few questions (e.g. describe yourself in 5 words, describe a situation where you did something you regret). The 2nd round interview was a technical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you did something you regreted   Answer Question

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in February 2010.

A set series of questions were asked referencing my CV regarding illustrating how I'd shown an example of various traits they were looking for, e.g. Can you give an example of when you've had to stand up to authority and how you handled it?

There were 2 people from the department in the interview, one of whom asked questions the other simply made notes; however there was a hint of good cop-bad cop at one point with the note taker stepping in with followup questions and challenges to assess how the example given squared up to the questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Can you provide an example of when you've had to stand up against someone in a position of authority and illustrate how you went about it.   Answer Question
    • Can you provide an example when you've had to lead a team or otherwise take the initiative.   View Answer
    • Can you provide an example of when you've worked as part of a team and what you feel your role was throughout.   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Theale, South East England, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in March 2008.

Informal and friendly, case presentation was under time pressure so a clear and organised mind is essential, back to back interviews again can put you under pressure. Not clear on what division you were going to be place in, good opportunities for rapid advancement and international mobility

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you managed a culturally disperate team   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at PepsiCo.

They like to have about 4 people interview you on the same day so it can be a bit taxing but if you take your time and present yourself well it won't be too bad.

Product Development Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Applied online numerous times for openings on their outdated and cryptic hiring portal (in 2012). Finally received a phone call (screen), talked for a bit about my experience, then learned about the role they were looking to fill.

Was called for an in person interview, however this took 1 month to schedule due to the centralized process of an HR person downtown Chicago scheduling time with 5 managers in Barrington (1+ hours away) for each interview slot. This person held no regard for my time to the point of rudeness, making her problems my problems, as I was currently employed and could only be available certain days. We found common ground and decided on a day after 5 back-and-forth exchanges, with a period of 2 weeks of radio silence.

Arrived for the interview and chatted with 4 managers and 1 director. Each had a list of prescribed, required questions, but then quickly got to the point asking about my experiences and how I would tackle problems.

Interview Questions
    • None asked. I wasn't pressured by any means to respond perfectly or correctly to anything, most questions were prodding to ask how I would approach problems, or how I had in the past. Very down to earth.   View Answer
    No negotiations possible. I was told base salary and vacation time allowed (meager 2 weeks), and that I had 48 hours to decide.

Supply Chain Campus Development Program - Supply Chain Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

I applied after meeting reps at a career fest on campus. Two days later I got a call and a follow up email letting me know I was selected for a first round interview. The interview went well but I wasn't sure how well I did. I got a call a 1/2 week later telling me I was selected for the second round and would be flown to a regional headquarters for two days. Flew down, got put up in a hotel, had a nice dinner with HR reps and new hires (and about 30 other candidates), after the dinner there was a very realistic panel discussion with the new hires giving us the opportunity to ask 'real' questions that we couldn't around HR. The next morning there was a plant tour, 3 rounds of interviews with different pairs of managers, and a 'resume review' where our resume was projected on a screen in front of 8 of the other candidates and two managers and we had to present to them running through our resume's highlights. Honestly I had a great experience regardless of whether I got the position, I think I learned a lot and got a new perspective on the beverage industry.

Interview Questions
    • "You're a production manager and a shipping manager tells you he needs more space in the warehouse where you typically store your raw material (syrup in this case) for the allocation of high traffic finished goods. The only space large enough to store your raw material is very far in the back of the warehouse (I would infer causing a deficiency in the picking of said raw materials). How would you resolve the situation?"   View Answer