PepsiCo

Updated 18 Feb 2015
Updated 18 Feb 2015

2.7

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at PepsiCo.

It was a panel style interview. There were two people that were there and read scripted questions. Best to give in depth answers. There may have been five or six questions in all. Went fairly quick though.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you had an upset customer, why were they upset and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
No negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for PepsiCo

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PepsiCo in August 2014.

Very laid back interview. Asked the normal questions for jobs that deal with customers/sales. " Name a certain time when I went above and beyond in order to satisfy a customer". Similar questions like what I could provide that other interviewees could not provide. Very non-threatening interview.

Very easy

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

first they contact you for a Interview then to arrange a work with, where you get to work with someone to see if you feel this is the job for you. then if you/they are still you begin the training program which is one week learning of the company and Procedures, and One Month training on a Route with a Trainer

Interview Questions
    • No difficult Questions but after Work With, they will ask what you felt about the job any and I mean Any Negative View or Comment may result in them not contacting you again   Answer Question

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at PepsiCo in March 2014.

Applied through campus website was invited to interview at my school's career fair. The first interview went very well, a couple weeks later I was invited to interview for a full day in Atlanta. The interviews in Atlanta at what they called a campus assessment consisted of one traditional interview, a sales pitch, a decision situation, a resume presentation, and a tour. All of these were conducted with 2 current employees.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince upper level executives to test a new product on your campus?   Answer Question

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PepsiCo.

The process is long and difficult but for a reason. It starts with a prescreening online, then they invite you to fill out an app with a current DMV printout and schedule a full day ride along with an RSR to give you an idea of what you're getting into. then there's a couple more interviews before you're given the go ahead.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

on line questionnaire initially. followed up by a telephone interview. then a target/selective interview

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when you had a great idea, but management was either reluctant to follow, or didn't follow   View Answer
    No negotiation. pay rate is set, dependent upon route type

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abilene, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Initial online questionnaire with basic math/grammar type questions. After passing this I was asked to come in for a person to person interview with staffing leader, and 2 district managers. STAR questions interspersed with typical "what have you done in past jobs" type questions

Interview Questions
    • STAR question "tell me about a time when you had an idea to improve a job or task, and it was not implemented"   View Answer
    No negotiation. Position pays a commission based on sales.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo in August 2013.

Basic questions about yourself and what you can do for the company nothing hard. Expect to give a lot of information about yourself including what you have done in the past and what would make you a great fit for the compnay.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the next year?   View Answer
    None either take or leave

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

Started with a quick phone call from HR to arrange interview
    In person interview lasted around 20 minutes, interviewed by zone sales leader and a HR representative.

RSR Route Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley, UT (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PepsiCo.

You are required to take a written test with math probelms and senarios. Then, if you passed the test, you have a few more in person interviews. If you are hired, you have to take a DOT physical. Then they send you to Portland, Oregon for two weeks of training. Then you will train for six weeks with different trainers in different route types.

Interview Questions
    • The job require early start times and fast paced work schedule. They will ask you if you are able to meet those demands.   View Answer
    They will tell you what the pay is for the type of postition. No negotiations.