Pfizer

Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

Interviewed at Pfizer

Interview Details Online Application, Reasoning Test, Group Interview, Competency Based Interview

Interview Question – Case Study Question: Make an estimation of the number of credit card holders in the country?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
London, England

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in September 2008.

Interview Details Varied experiences across the company. My interview was informal.

Interview Question – What are you bad at?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Difficult and nearly resulted in not taking the position

Medical Writer Interview

Medical Writer

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer in July 2014.

Interview Details Saw the position online and then sent my materials in-person and it took one week to get feedback. Got a phone interview July 2014. The phone interview lasts for approximately 15 min followed by an email attaching a 1.5 hour test, mainly about medical writing things. The phone interview was quit common, asking some information of background education, courses taken in college, why interested in this job and work experience.

Interview Question – The 1.5 hour test needs professional medical knowledge and writing skills.   Answer Question

Medical Writer Specialist Interview

Medical Writer Specialist
Collegeville, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2014.

Interview Details Three people on the conference call, supposed to be lasting for 30 min and going over the job reqs, respon, etc. There was hardly any time to get a clear picture of what they are looking for. They do want to recruit someone not to do writing, but to manage CRO writers from outside.

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Pfizer in January 2011.

Interview Details too long too tedious no appreciation and this website design is not friendly at all. waste of time to answer so many questions. average is good and no more questions if you knows well and the website is really offending to be asked for so many questiosn.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Intern Interview

Intern
Cambridge, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Pfizer in April 2012.

Interview Details I went through an outside staffing agency. Then I applied online and within a week I had a phone interview. The interview was straight forward.
Questions were based on my resume.

Interview Question – What do you like about research?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details Lasted around four months and seemed to be pretty unorganized. Should have communicated more with applicants to make it a transparent process. Feedback on reasoning could have also been more direct and helpful when not offered the position.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
Indianapolis, IN (US)

I applied through another source - interviewed at Pfizer in March 2010.

Interview Details I applied for a position through a newspaper posting. I was called in for an interview. I interviewed with 2 people individually. The questions were fair, the conversation was easy, and made for a really good interfiew.

Interview Question – Most difficult question for me was, was I will to travel.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was much like the interview. The negotiation was painless and I started within two weeks.

Administrative Specialist Interview

Administrative Specialist
La Jolla, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details HR Generalist will have you meet with 3 executives (Hiring Manager, Scientist who you will not support, Friend who will you will not support), along with the person who is transitioning away from the position. You meet with them for a good 30 minutes asking questions that are not anything new.

At the end it will take two months for them to make their decision when they tell you ahead of time that they are seeking to hire immediately.

When they make the decision or not you will receive an automated email at midnight (when most of the world is resting).

Interview Question – "You have great experience, but why this role?"   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager

I applied through another source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pfizer.

Interview Details Interview was in the context of an aquisition (I was part of one of the companies aquired by Pfizer). Because I didn't have a place in Pfizer, I had to apply to a internal job. Pfizer has an internal Job Posting system, where the employees can apply and I choose one that fit my objectives. It is a great tool for growing in the company.

Interview Question – Interviews consists in us giving examples of situations where we have acted (during the performance or our job) according to Pfizer values (integrity, owning the business, etc). Then they asked what could I have done better in each situation, and what I have learnt from the situation. My interview was extremely difficult, because there were many candidates and they wanted to find the best one.   Answer Question

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!