Philip Morris USA Interview Questions

3.4

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Philip Morris USA.

Name a situation when you used research as a method of schooling?

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in July 2013.

Phone interview, only last a few minutes.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in July 2010.

Generalist, Hiring Manager and then Vice President

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to get up to speed sooner rather than later?   View Answer

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Krąków, Lódz (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Krąków, Lódz (Poland)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in July 2010.

the first the skills and background checks than phone inerview and the last step is panel interview

Purchasing Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2010.

The interview consisted of two 1:1's with the predecessor and the future line manager. They have questioned many details of my CV and went thru all the details of the potential position. Be sure to go there prepared and prove facts with different case examples.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in March 2010.

Was very interested in candidate's long term goals and objectives. Prefers specific and strategic initiatives over generalities. Asked a great length of scenario & situational questions.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want to achieve in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult objective you've overcome? And how?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in February 2010.

I was a intern so I was directly hired from my summer internship within 3 weeks for completion. However, they extend an offer with out giving a set area of entrance. I was under the impression I would be a financial analyst but, I ended up being a cost accountant.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in November 2009.

First interview was with an external recruiter.
    Second interview was a panel interview. There were 3 Unit Managers and 1 Regional Manager present.
    Third Interview was a ride along with future boss, and colleague. Hands on experience of what the daily role would include.

There wasn't much negotiation. The job posting indicated a pay of $40-$45k, however due to my experience, they offered $56K. Since they came in so much higher than posted rate, I didn't negotiate.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in September 2009.

Very Positive. Had phone screen with recruiter, then phone screen with hiring manager, followed by panel, then day in the field, then offer and background/drug test. Excellent company to get your foot in the door for business to business sales. Lots of training and skills practice. Manager was great, reps stay around for a long time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific time when you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation.   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Philip Morris USA in May 2009.

Began with a resume drop at a college career fair. Moved on to panel interview at a local hotel with a variety of individuals ranging from a campus recruiter, to sales mangers, to upper management. Second round was a day in the field with a corporate Unit Manager consisting of routine sales calls and merchandising. Next was lunch with the other prospective interns at an expensive local restaurant. Last, the interns were flown to Los Angeles and put up in an expensive beach front hotel for a presentation about the company and the internship experience. Overall impression is that the individuals at the company are not incredibly inspiring or intelligent, but the company itself offers unparalleled benefits and treatment.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a copy machine sales person, and knew that a new product was coming out in a few days, yet your manager has told you that the company has important sales numbers to meet on the old product, how would you handle a situation in which a very trusted and loyal customer wishes to place a large order of copiers with you, just before news of the product release has gone public?   View Answer
    No negotiations are really possible. The benefits and pay are unbeatable, so you have little leverage as a college student to ask for more.