Philips Electronics Interview Questions

Updated 5 Oct 2014
Updated 5 Oct 2014

2.9

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Two round of interview. First round is telephone interview, which is just normal behavior questions. No unexpected questions. The second round is on-site interview. The interviewer is very nice, and talks a lot about the responsibilities of the position. Overall, I think the company working atmosphere is really good. It is definitely a good place to work for.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2014.

There was an initial test followed by short listing candidates. Then there were two rounds - one technical and one HR. They basically look for good technical skills. HR is just a formality. So if you do well in tech, there is high probability that you get selected.

In the tech, they asked for my project and the part I played in it. Also, there were questions about linux and basic programming. Since I have written about web development in my resume, there were questions about web programming too. They basically expect you to own your work, so you should be able to specify you roles in the projects you have done and also, you should try to present any innovation you have done, since it will bring you bonus points.

Also, dedication to the work and owning your work is given high priority, You can get in even if you have medium coding skills, but have an analytic mind persistent effort and willingness to study. All this will be evaluated in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about linux and its very specific commands. Since I was very well versed with linux, I was able to answer them.   Answer Question

Fianance Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Founded by a headhunter, have 1 interview with the manager, 1 inerview with HR, standar questions, the culture in the company is pretty good, but I think some areas are overworked...the people are bright and positive despite the stress of the restructuring...I thin that covers it

Interview Questions
    • they care about how you handle a multicultural enviroinment   View Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eindhoven (Netherlands)

I applied online – interviewed at Philips Electronics in August 2014.

First interview with a recruiter. Most questions about your resume and just a couple of your personality, nothing special. Second and last interview with manager and one of his associates. Questions get thougher and are more inline with the practical everyday demands of the job (how do you prioritize? How do you structure? How do you deal with uncertainty? What kind of environment do you prefer to work in?)

Interview Questions
    • A description is given of three issues that come in at approximately the same time and all are said to have high priority (don't know the 3 specific issues anymore). But you are asked how you will tackle this problem and prioritize these 3 issues in order which you are going to take action upon them and why you decided for that specific order.   Answer Question

Human Resources Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

Quite lenghty process, I must admit I had lost hope after few months not hearing any feedback (I applied via website). Only later, once the process kicked off, I interacted and exchanged with extremely bright managers

Interview Questions
    • Depends, the very weird situation was to have completely differentiated interview style, one talked the entire meeting, the other just listened etc   Answer Question
    Relatively quick

Customer Service Representative for Medical Consumables Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Philips Electronics.

I worked as a temp when it was the medical side of HP, sold to Agilent and was hired, bought by Philips. Interview was easy as they all knew I was a good worker and cared about my job.

Interview Questions
    • What could I do to improve business and customer satisfaction.   View Answer

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Philips Electronics.

General questions, mostly can be found from interview tips online. Superficial questions and not too technical. you get a 1:1 interview with various people such as senior scientists and managers. Most important is to deliver a clear presentation for the interviewing panel. Also very clear and sharp answers in the 1:1 interview process.
    Having good soft skills is a must in order to get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you place yourself on a scale from 0-10 and why?   Answer Question
    for fresh graduates no possible negotiations. This mainly occur for experienced professionals.

Finance Transformation Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Philips Electronics in April 2014.

I simply received an email for 2 interviews on the same day. The interview was fine, nothing unexpected. Simple questions. There were 2 people from the finance transformation department. Second interview was with the director of the department.

Interview Questions
    • how do you think you can contribute from this position   Answer Question

Procurement Engineer Interview

Friendly and supportive

Planner Interview

Standard interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What's your most challenged experience you have before   Answer Question
    No negotiation.