Philips Electronics

69 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Portfolio Management Intern Interview

Andover, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philips Electronics in March 2013.

Interview Details applied through university had an interview on campus and offered the job a few hours later via email and phone call. Pretty simple process nothing super difficult although if you do not do your research and do not have any compelling questions your interview will fail.

Interview Question – they didnt ask me many specific questions rather kept explaining different aspects of the job and asking if i had any questions.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Philips Electronics.

Interview Details General questions, mostly can be found from interview tips online. Superficial questions and not too technical. you get a 1:1 interview with various people such as senior scientists and managers. Most important is to deliver a clear presentation for the interviewing panel. Also very clear and sharp answers in the 1:1 interview process.
Having good soft skills is a must in order to get an offer.

Interview Question – Where do you place yourself on a scale from 0-10 and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – for fresh graduates no possible negotiations. This mainly occur for experienced professionals.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Philips Electronics in August 2010.

Interview Details 1 interview with the head hunter and 2 more with the managers and HR of the company.

Interview Question – Nothing but the usual. Asked about the reasons that made me leave my current job to be part of their team and needed details about every experience i have had.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you get an offer you can negociate to get more benefits if you think you worth.

Procurement Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Philips Electronics

Interview Details Friendly and supportive

Interview Question – What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Interviewed at Philips Electronics

Interview Details Standard interview process.

Interview Question – What's your most challenged experience you have before   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Philips Electronics.

Interview Details Asked me to write a algorithm for tower of hanoi

Interview Question – mechanism of deadlock resolution in vxworks   Answer Question

Mechatronics Control Consultant Interview

Eindhoven (Netherlands)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Electronics in September 2011.

Interview Details 1. HR phone interview, 2. skype interview with group leader, competence leader, team leader,.3. on-site interview: 4 rounds

Interview Question – Most of the questions are related with your experiences, so if you are good at them, it should be no problem   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Philips Electronics.

Interview Details The hiring process consisted of two phases - CV screening (90% of candidates were excluded) and interviews (first with two team members and second with the team manager). During both interviews, general questions about my personal background (based on the CV and letter of motivation) were asked. Moreover, assignment-specific discussion was carried out.

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Philips Electronics.

Interview Details it's a school co-op interview. the interview was hold in co-op office. the interviewer ask many questions about marketing concept and how to apply these concepts to real work. She specifically asked about creativity and innovation in marketing work environment and many behavioural questions like your biggest strength and weakness.

Interview Question – what's the most creative activity you did in your former job.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Framingham, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Philips Electronics.

Interview Details I applied online through the Boston University career website and then was asked to interview at their office a few weeks later. I was also asked how I dealt with hard situations, and to give an example. Among other personality questions, the ones I remember are described below. They also liked that I spoke about my research experience in a lab.

Interview Question – They asked a puzzle question to test problem solving skills. It was a riddle about finding the heaviest ball in a group of seven, where 6 all weighed the same and only one weighed a different amount. The trick was to weigh it using a simple two tray scale, and use the minimum amount of weighs. I think this question is in the movie Die Hard, actually.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I just took the job since I was an intern. I was paid, but didn't negotiate the wage.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Philips Electronics

Worked for Philips Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Philips Electronics – Why Work for Us?

Philips is a global, diversified health and well-being company focused on improving people’s lives by delivering meaningful innovation. We operate in both professional and consumer markets across three main sectors… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Philips Electronics interview questions and advice. All 69 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Philips Electronics employees and interview candidates.