Physio-Control Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

3.5

Pricing Analyst Interview

HR info interview and standard panel interview with a few stress questions. Most of the questions dealt with working with teams and handling deadlines. They seemed very friendly and approachable. However, I had to wait for about 45 minutes for the HR rep who scheduled my interview to arrive and then she never followed up even after multiple phone calls asking what my status was.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a team member who wasn't pulling their own weight or dragging the team down?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Physio-Control in July 2014.

30 min phone interview with HR, 1hr phone interview with hiring manager, 4hrs onsite with hiring manager and various people that you will be interfacing with if hired.

They were professional and friendly. From application submission to offer took about 40 days.

Interview Questions
    • If you're qualified for the job, the questions are difficult but fair. If you're not, you'll find out quickly.   Answer Question
    Discussion with HR

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Physio-Control.

phone interview, then one on-site interview with 4-5 people, taking half a day. i think the difficulty of the experience can vary depending on the functional group and who is actually tasked to interview that day. background check was standard, contracted out to a service, and i don't think my references were even called.

Interview Questions
    • the hiring manager asked the toughest questions, higher-level questions regarding processes and methodologies. the human resources person asked softball questions, maybe just weeding out the weirdos. The developers asked pretty straightforward technical questions, if you know what you're doing you'll be alright, and if you don't know an answer just do your best to work through it as much as you can without B.S.ing.   Answer Question
    they offered a fair salary, perhaps slightly on the lower side of average, because at the time (several years ago) the company was a subsidiary of Medtronic, and the benefits were actually really great. But there was still room for negotiation, and i was able to increase the final offer by doing my homework on relative regional salaries influenced by my particular skill set and experience. now the benefits suck, so be sure to negotiate accordingly.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Physio-Control in March 2014.

Had HR phone screen and hiring manager interview. HR interview was standard questions to weed out the ones that look good only on paper. The hiring manager phone interview was substandard. I was called 20 minutes after the scheduled interview time. We did a chronological walk through of my resume, which was very much in line with the requirements on the job posting. The manager then started talking more about the job and it was completely different than the posting described. I was supposed to hear something within the week, and it has been several months now. I knew someone in the company (not HR) and she told me that I didn't make the cut, but that she overheard a discussion between the hiring manager and another manager on what they should be looking for in a candidate. One friend had a similar bad experience with another hiring manager and a second friend had an interview set up and no one ever called him after an official interview was set up.

Materials Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Physio-Control.

Sent in an on line application and received an email about 10 days later from HR representative to set up phone interview. Phone interview was generic. Had a follow-up interview with hiring manager in which this person seemed to point out all my weaknesses and I guess some interviews are going to be like that for a reason, but in this case their message was clear. Overall, a waste of time.

Program Manager Interview

I only had a phone interview, but the HR Recruiter called on time and was very friendly. We spoke for 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • I was taken back that the person interviewing me had only worked there for a few weeks.   Answer Question

Service Department Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Physio-Control.

3 interviews each progressed along no delays. Questions were general but enough to get an idea of the company environment for me and conversations were cordial.

Interview Questions
    Back then the starting salary and benefits were out of my control they were established already take it or leave it.

Human Factors Engineering Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Physio-Control in April 2013.

After applying online for this summer position, I was initially contacted by phone by an HR representative. He invited me for a phone interview with one of the internship committee members. The phone interview happened the next day and lasted around 30 minutes. A week later I was invited for an in-person interview onsite with four different people over two hours (30 minutes with each person). We scheduled my interview to be taken place two days later. I had to fill out three pages of paperwork (standard application materials) and take them to the interview.

On the day of the onsite interview, I checked in with the front desk receptionist and waited in the lobby. A few minutes later I was greeted by my first interviewer, another employee from the internship committee, who took me up to a private interviewing room. He first asked how I found out about the opportunity, then asked me to tell him about myself. After a few other general interview questions I had the opportunity to ask him questions about the internship program itself. He told me more about how each intern gets their own mentor to guide them.

Immediately after the first interviewer left, the next interviewer came into the room. This employee was to be my mentor. He asked me about my skills, experience, work ethic, and interests. I then had the opportunity to ask him more about himself, his position, his department, and the project I would be working on.

After the second interviewer, my manager-to-be came in to the room. She came a little late, so I had a little less time with her and some extra time with my mentor-to-be. My manager-to-be asked me about my related experience, my design process, and how I think my course of study relates to the medical technology. I then got to ask her more about the company, its history, and its goals.

My interview session ended with an informal interview with a past intern who turned into a full-time employee. She gave me a walking tour of the campus, which was very informative and helpful. Seems like most places don't give you a walking tour until AFTER you are hired, but having the tour during the interview is nice for the interviewee because it helps him/her decide if the company is a place they could really see his/herself working at. After the walking tour we sat down in the cafeteria, where she gave me a chance to ask any informal questions, questions that probably wouldn't have been appropriate to ask during the previous three interviews. For example, I asked her about her experience when she was an intern, the social events she got to attend, and the compensation she got as an intern.'

Overall, the interview/hiring process was very good. Received the job offer a week after the interview, so the whole process took only about two weeks for me. This might have to do with the fact that I was the last person they interviewed for this position. The in-person interviews weren't intimidating at all; they were fairly conversational, since I wasn't asked to recite my strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • The goal of the project for this internship was to design the "out-of-box experience" (packaging, instructional print materials, how the contents are laid out in the box, etc.) for one of their products in development. The most unexpected question was asked by my mentor-to-be (not verbatim): "Can you think of a product that had a memorable, unique, intuitive out-of-box experience?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Physio-Control.

This was for a contract position through Kelly Services

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Physio-Control in February 2011.

Physio Control is a great place to work at I love company

Interview Questions

Worked for Physio-Control? Contribute to the Community!