Physio-Control Interview Questions

Updated 3 Feb 2015

3.4

Technician Interview

Interview

The interview process seemed to be industry standard. There was phone interview first, and then the in-person interview/s. Questions were specific to the position and Interviewers were pleasant. The work environment seemed to be very pleasant. Following up with the interview was very responsive with responses within one day. Communication with recruiting employee was pleasant as well.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

Lengthy interview process, met with 8 separate people over the course of three weeks. Interviewing was a good experience, however I was not extended an offer for several months after with no response from HR after inquiring what the status of the position was several times. Received a call out of the blue. Very odd.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

The interview experience was positive. The interviewers were nice, invested, and showed me around the facility as a part of the interview. First up was a standard phone interview with an HR person. The questions were pretty simple: review the resume, ask about experience in different areas, and specific information about Physio. After that was an in-person interview with superiors. If you know the stuff, the interview questions are easy. I would strongly advise knowing all of the job requirements on the listing and having examples of how you have performed each in the past.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Interview

HR info interview and standard panel interview with a few stress questions. Most of the questions dealt with working with teams and handling deadlines. They seemed very friendly and approachable. However, I had to wait for about 45 minutes for the HR rep who scheduled my interview to arrive and then she never followed up even after multiple phone calls asking what my status was.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a team member who wasn't pulling their own weight or dragging the team down?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Physio-Control in July 2014.

Interview

30 min phone interview with HR, 1hr phone interview with hiring manager, 4hrs onsite with hiring manager and various people that you will be interfacing with if hired.

They were professional and friendly. From application submission to offer took about 40 days.

Interview Questions

• If you're qualified for the job, the questions are difficult but fair. If you're not, you'll find out quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Discussion with HR

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Physio-Control (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

phone interview, then one on-site interview with 4-5 people, taking half a day. i think the difficulty of the experience can vary depending on the functional group and who is actually tasked to interview that day. background check was standard, contracted out to a service, and i don't think my references were even called.

Interview Questions

• the hiring manager asked the toughest questions, higher-level questions regarding processes and methodologies. the human resources person asked softball questions, maybe just weeding out the weirdos. The developers asked pretty straightforward technical questions, if you know what you're doing you'll be alright, and if you don't know an answer just do your best to work through it as much as you can without B.S.ing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they offered a fair salary, perhaps slightly on the lower side of average, because at the time (several years ago) the company was a subsidiary of Medtronic, and the benefits were actually really great. But there was still room for negotiation, and i was able to increase the final offer by doing my homework on relative regional salaries influenced by my particular skill set and experience. now the benefits suck, so be sure to negotiate accordingly.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Physio-Control in March 2014.

Interview

Had HR phone screen and hiring manager interview. HR interview was standard questions to weed out the ones that look good only on paper. The hiring manager phone interview was substandard. I was called 20 minutes after the scheduled interview time. We did a chronological walk through of my resume, which was very much in line with the requirements on the job posting. The manager then started talking more about the job and it was completely different than the posting described. I was supposed to hear something within the week, and it has been several months now. I knew someone in the company (not HR) and she told me that I didn't make the cut, but that she overheard a discussion between the hiring manager and another manager on what they should be looking for in a candidate. One friend had a similar bad experience with another hiring manager and a second friend had an interview set up and no one ever called him after an official interview was set up.

Materials Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

Sent in an on line application and received an email about 10 days later from HR representative to set up phone interview. Phone interview was generic. Had a follow-up interview with hiring manager in which this person seemed to point out all my weaknesses and I guess some interviews are going to be like that for a reason, but in this case their message was clear. Overall, a waste of time.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

I only had a phone interview, but the HR Recruiter called on time and was very friendly. We spoke for 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• I was taken back that the person interviewing me had only worked there for a few weeks.   Answer Question

Service Department Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Physio-Control.

Interview

3 interviews each progressed along no delays. Questions were general but enough to get an idea of the company environment for me and conversations were cordial.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Back then the starting salary and benefits were out of my control they were established already take it or leave it.