Pitney Bowes

Updated 6 Feb 2015
Updated 6 Feb 2015

2.8

Inside Sales Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2013.

Submitted resume for review. Within three days I was emailed by a representative that I was to be interviewed within the week by Pitney Bowes. The interview took place on my school campus in a board room and was proctored by three different people: a department supervisor, a recruiter, and the site manager.
    First questions were all related to my personal resume and for further understanding and drill down of my responses.
    The questions that followed related to the job and its requirements as well as inquiries into how I saw myself fulfilling the needs of the position.
    After questioning I was surprised that the manager began to open up very candidly about the coming changes and possible bumps in the road I would sense during training and after being hired on.
    Once we all discussed the new face of the company, they began explaining the compensation and what to expect in terms of culture and experience.
    Overall I truly enjoyed their natural and non threatening approach to interviewing and felt more confidant about the company after meeting three upper-level employees.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about organizational change? We are having an identity change and things will be messy!   View Answer
    There was no need to negotiate. The benefits and compensation was well beyond what I wanted or needed. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2013.

Interviewed on campus with mostly behavorial questions and a couple technical questions. Process was very laid back and informal.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

I got a referral. Brief and unremarkable phone interview followed by an on site presentation I was asked to make. They were almost too impressed with the technological aspects of my presentation which were hardly remarkable and not really the point of the presentation.
    Over 2 months passed between interview (beginning of August) and offer (mid October). Offer included a start date over 3 months later (last day of January.)

Interview Questions
    • What would you physically need to reproduce your presented work. At first I thought that this was the 'trick question' to verify that I had actually done the work when in fact they had no understanding of it (the process or technology.)   View Answer
    The offer seemed ideal as I thought what a great way to start. Sadly, changes in mgmt over the next year killed both enthusiasm for the work and the desire for a truly creative outcome.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT (US)

interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2013.

Unbelievably thorough Screening, Interview, Hiring and on-boarding process. A 3rd party vendor gets involved to conduct the background check and drug screen after the Offer Letter is extended. It's a disjointed process from everything that preceded it....and it's a nightmare.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you see our Healthpoint360 Solution Suite fitting-in in the Hospital IT Environment?"   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Phone Interview followed by an interview with the Director of Sales and a Sales Manager.

There was no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2013.

I called up Pitney Bowes after I saw an ad for hiring. I called to come into a job fair that was happening. Once at the job fair I meet 3 different managers at separate times but all asked the same questions. After an hour or so they thanked me and I did not hear back until a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They had a role play with me pretending there are a customer and wanted me to sell a pen to them   Answer Question

Quality Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

1 Written , 2 Technical,1 HR and 1 manger round

Account Executive Interview

It was straight forward and basic. I had to met with 3 different people, the hiring manager, another manager and then a peer.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation. It was this is the offer that everyone gets in the position.

Product Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Applied online. Received a phone interview which was fairly benign. Had an interview with the department supervisor, in which he discussed my qualifications and skills, as well as my goals for the future. It was a fairly thorough interview, from my perspective. Asked how I felt I could contribute to this company, and why I should be selected from the myriad of applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly just questions about how I had handled situations in the past, or how i would handle theoretical situations. Nothing terribly difficult.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2012.

Applied online and received a phone call about two months later to set up an interview I interviewed with the talent manager. The interview was fairly easy. It didnt seem like they were really prying. More of a conversational interview. I was told that decisions will be made by the end of the week about the position and the prospective employee would be starting 1/1/2013. Of course, I never heard back from them. I called and emailed but to no avail. I'd rather them just honor their word as far as getting back to me.