Pizza Hut

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview Details All I did was apply then I got called in a week later and got the job 2 days later. It was a really laid back interview and my boss showed actual interest in me. Really took in to consideration all of the activities that I was involved in.

Augusta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview Details I was called in about a few days after completing an application online & was hired on the spot. This is really not a hard job to get. I wasn't background checked or drug tested. You're only drug tested if you get hurt & have to go to the hospital. LOL.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions--just general questions about availability & my school schedule.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pizza Hut in April 2013.

Interview Details I felt the interview went well, I was very prepared. I went in there and interviewed for a Team Member role. We went through my work history, my hobbies, salary expectation/how many hours expected. Using my skills learned from such books as Dale Carnegie, I felt it truly helped me in my interview. I was told that I was amongst the top candidates for the job.

Interview Question – Honestly, I felt that no question was difficult. If you prepare yourself thoroughly for an interview, you will do a great job.   Answer Question

Canton, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pizza Hut in October 2012.

Interview Details It was a very simple, informal hiring process. I found an opening online, filled out an application, and then called the store and scheduled a meeting with the manager. We talked, and then a few days later I was asked to come back in for a 2nd interview, where I was offered a job.

Interview Question – There really weren't any difficult questions. Just be yourself, and answer their questions honestly.   Answer Question

Michigan City, IN (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut in January 2012.

Interview Details Very laid back and easy. This process is very basic and could not be more easy to get a job. Show that you have common sense, flexibility, and work ethic and you will be fine.

Negotiation Details – Hired on the spot.

San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut in October 2010.

Interview Details It was a one on one interview and that went about 30 minutes but was great. The manager wanted to get to know and learn what i can do and was very nice. The work place was very neat and lively.

Interview Question – Why do you want a job?   View Answer

Kalamazoo, MI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Pizza Hut in October 2012.

Interview Details They usually start you out as a host, and move you up to a server or driver when there's room and when you're ready. In that way it's a nice place to work because you make good tips and there's no pressure. After applying I got a call for an interview a few days later. I interviewed with Whitney and another manager and I got stuck and some questions that I should've been prepared for but for the most part the interview was pretty relaxed. They said that if I didn't call by the end of the week to call them back because it could easily be that they just forgot to due to being busy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – You get what they pay you, so minimum wage. It's an entry-level job.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut in July 2011.

Interview Details The organisation were planning to open for new outlets in Bangalore . For that purpose they were recutin more people for the job .

Interview Question – If a customer comes with a problem that they received wrong food . what will you do for that ?   View Answers (2)

Team Member

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut in May 2012.

Interview Details I applied for a Team Member position online on a Friday evening and received a call on the following Tuesday for a phone interview. I was expecting questions such as "Why do you want to work here?", "What makes a good Team Member?", "Tell me about yourself.", "What experience do you have in food service?", etc.

Instead, even though I didn't apply for this position and have no interest in it whatsoever, the interviewer asked "What qualities should a Delivery Driver have?", "Do you have your license, insurance, etc.?". I was taken aback, and couldn't figure out why he was asking me questions that didn't pertain to the position I applied for. I do, in fact, have my license & insurance and I'm over the age of 18, but I don't want to put hundreds of miles on my car and not have enough compensation for gas just to deliver pizza's. Either the interviewer misread my application or is in need of a Delivery Driver and was hoping I would take the job anyways.

Another deal breaker for me was that he asked if I was willing to hold a sign advertising Pizza Hut on a busy street corner. Not to sound overly naive, but being a young female, I don't feel comfortable doing that for extended periods of time.

He told me he would give the information to HIS boss, and she would be contacting me within the next few days. I'll most likely not interview for the position in person because of the reasons explained above. It's just not the right fit for me.

Interview Question – Think about a time you had excellent customer service at a restaurant. What qualities made that employee good?   Answer Question

Goldsboro, NC (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut in May 2012.

Interview Details The interview took less than ten minutes. I was asked very basic questions that did very little to find out about my personality. However, it was agreed that I could handle the job being offered (server). I was called at 9:30 pm the next night and told to come in the next day at 3:00 pm to fill out paperwork. I arrived at the location only to be told that a mistake had been made and they had nothing available for me. The manager extended a half-hearted apology saying that I should have received a second phone call explaining the mistake. Unacceptable that in 17.5 hours, no one could take 30 seconds to make the second phone call!

Interview Question – What will you bring to Pizza Hut should you be brought on-board?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pizza Hut

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!

Pizza Hut Videos

Pizza Hut – Why Work for Us?

The history of Pizza Hut began in 1958, when what is now the world's largest pizza franchise was born. Pizza Hut is the world's largest pizza restaurant chain and is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., whose restaurants… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pizza Hut Team Member interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pizza Hut employees and interview candidates.