Planned Parenthood

Relevance Date Difficulty

Public Affairs Interview

Public Affairs
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in February 2012.

Interview Details Submitted online application -resume and cover letter.
Received a phone call to go to their office in Los Angeles.
Interview lasted about 15-20 minutes with two of my future supervisors.
Received a follow up phone call about a week later to congratulate me on my acceptance and we discussed days I would be coming in and number of hours I could volunteer per week. Also had to pass a background check before I could start. The whole process took less than a month for me to officially begin the internship.

Interview Question – I cannot remember what sorts of questions were asked, but I remember being comfortable. The interviewers were friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Only negotiated the number of hours and days of the week I would be coming in. I had already been told that the internship would be unpaid at the interview.

Heath Center Assistant Interview

Heath Center Assistant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details They hire fast, and really take what they can get in a pinch. They prefer that you have a bachelor's degree but high school diploma or GED is all you really need.

Interview Question – They want to know that you support Planned Parenthood's mission. Your religious views are not going to be scrutinized but if you have any personal conflicts with the position then please don't even bother applying, it'll save both parties a lot of time and stress.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me how much they could pay me and there was little negotiating on that number.

Field Organizer Interview

Field Organizer

I applied online and interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details Was emailed to set up a phone interview two weeks after applying online. Interview was relatively simple, with basic questions about what I was looking for in the position, my relevant experience, etc. Lasted about twenty minutes in total, and I was told that they would let me know about in-person interviews the next week.

Interview Question – What are your professional goals in the next year, as well as in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied online for an RN position on April 24th. On May 5th, I received an email from a employee recruiter asking to set up a telephone interview. The following day I spoke with her for about 10 minutes. She asked me about why I wanted to work at PP and other questions about my comfort levels about working at an abortion clinic. I was very excited to be given the opportunity for a phone interview so I was sure express my excitement and gratitude to the woman I phone interviewed with. She told me I sounded like I would be a great fit for the team and told me she would pass on my information to the hiring manager at the clinic and that I should expect a call from her in the next few days. The following Tuesday I heard from the nurse manager and went in for a face to face interview the next day.

The in person interview was perfect, we talked for over two hours about many things and I walked away feeling like this was literally the perfect job for me. I filled out a paper application and a background check and then scheduled a time to come in for a day of shadowing at the clinic. Two days later I spent the day with the team observing and talking to the staff members. At the end of the day the manger asked me how I felt about the shadowing experience and I told her I felt like it was the place I was supposed to be in. She told me she was going to submit my background check and be in touch with me soon.

About two weeks later I took my NCLEX and I called the manager as soon as I found out I had passed and she told me they would begin to prepare an offer for me. A few days later I got my offer and it was everything I needed and more.

Interview Question – How would you deal with LPNs and other stuff members who have less education than you, but who have more experience and are having a difficult time being delegated to?   View Answer

Health Center Assistant Interview

Health Center Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in February 2011.

Interview Details After submission of resume it can take weeks to months to be processed by the HR team. Once sent to the health center manager you will be contacted for an interview. The interview is laid back and informal (still wear business clothes). After that it can take weeks to hear back due to the processing of background checks and verifying references.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for this company? Tell me what you bring to the table that others may not? Is there anything that may hinder you from completing your duties?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in March 2014.

Interview Details Process took a very long time, met center director, the office was really messy -- it kind of was a turn off. Questions were easy, interview didn't last very long, it seemed she tried to rush it.

Interview Question – Nothing was that difficult   Answer Question

Health Care Assistant Interview

Health Care Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details I applied online and got a phone response within a week. The response was a phone interview, which consisted of basic interview questions (what motivates you, what are your strengths, etc.). This was followed by an in-person interview with the Health Center Manager a week later, which consisted of mostly behavioral questions and was very relaxed.

Interview Question – What do you know about Planned Parenthood?   Answer Question

HIV Counselor Interview

HIV Counselor
New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details Applied in July/August. Called for an interview beginning of September. Was informed a week later I was hired. That same week went for a physical (in which that DO NOT drug test. You can call Mt. Sinai and ask because it is even written on the notes where they give shots in the clinic). Started work first or second week in October.

Interview Question – They just want to make sure that you are competent and comfortable with termination services. Make sure your answers reflect your compassion and desire to help people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I just wanted the experience.

Phone Specialist Interview

Phone Specialist
Aurora, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Planned Parenthood in June 2013.

Interview Details The hiring at these clinics is tough, for the most part it's rare when a hire will be completely without strings, it's usually always a referral. The company is looking for people that are invested into improving the lives of their patient's on a personal level, so you are more interested in your patient's insurance needs than the average doctor's office.

Interview Question – If you don't want to work at Planned Parenthood, the most obvious question you will get wrong is, "why do you want to work at Planned Parenthood"?   View Answer

Regional Organizer Interview

Regional Organizer

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Planned Parenthood.

Interview Details I submitted my resume online for this position, and had practically forgotten about it nearly a month later when I got a screening call from someone in HR. She had the basic questions for me (i.e. "Why are you interested in this position," etc.) and said that she would be passing along my answers to the hiring manager. A couple weeks later I got a call from the hiring manager who wanted to set up an in-person interview for the following day. We ended up talking for about 90 minutes and it was stated that the hiring process would be very quick, but almost three weeks later I still haven't heard anything. I HOPE it's a place that would notify you either way.

Interview Question – "What is the most difficult decision you've had to make when working on a campaign?"   Answer Question

Worked for Planned Parenthood? Contribute to the Community!