Polo Ralph Lauren

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

2.4

Cash Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2014.

interviewed by hr an ops manager 2nd interview found company in a difficult place needing someone to sort out the mess low staff morale incompetent management need to focus on induction training exposed to all levels

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in December 2012.

Telephone interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the last thing you learned that could be useful in your position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bicester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bicester, England

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

A relatively informal phone interview with a member of the payroll/recruitment team. After this an interview where you may have a group interview or a lone interview. This is dependent on the amount of people Ralph Lauren is looking at hiring at that particular time.
    There is no major technique here, they are always hiring as people do not tend to remain long with the company. Most individuals use Ralph Lauren as a base and then move on to better paid retail opportunities in the area.

Interview Questions
    • One of the following:
      Why do you want to work for Ralph Lauren?
      What can you bring to the company?
      What can you tell me of the history of Ralph Lauren?

View Answer
    There is no negotiation, it is a low paid job (barely above minimum wage) and there are always people who will take your place so they do not negotiate over pay, holiday etc.

Sales Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

If you know someone that works there, they will hire you. It was that simple. They will ask you to come about two times and then tell you that you are hired. They like women who wear little to no makeup and do not permit colored nails or extreme hairstyles.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any megotiation. They told me how much the pay was and that was that.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

It went well, they asked basic questions nothing that surprised me. There was a group interview first and then 3 days later I got a call to come back for a private interview with the manager.i was offered the position about a week later. I am very pleased with them. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation at a past job and how hou handled it.   Answer Question
    It was my first job so what they offered me was fine, I was not looking for too much

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

One group interview, super simple behavioral questions. They did not ask much about prior experience, they just want to make sure you fit their culture and "look". They made us go and pick out an outfit also, the key is to have many layers.

It was my first retail job and I got through it no problem.

Interview Questions
    • None, they were all top 10 most common behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate because it was my first job and 8/hr seemed fine.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Handed an application in in person. Received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. The interview was in a group of 5 people. Basic questions about experience, how you would handle an unruly customer, etc.

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

I applied online and they got back to me within 2 weeks. I came in for a one on one interview with assistant manger who was very nice and welcoming. Asked general interview questions, nothing out of the box. She then gave me information to fill out this online survey at home right after the interview.

Customer Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Recruited by an independent company. Had a phone interview with hiring manager followed by a phone interview with 4 others on the same call. Very hard to hear, etc with the group call but overall a good experience. Flown in for in-person and interviewed by 8 people in 1 day. Not horrible, not too tough. HR was hard to negotiate with and HR person was not very easy to work with in general. Issues with relocation and vacation. Hiring director was amazing to work with.

Assistant Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in September 2014.

The interview was pretty straightforward and the interviewer(s) were fairly friendly. Nothing unexpected or too challenging. They ask you to explain your work and skills. As for hiring process the company takes a long time to get back to you in between interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected or too difficult questions. The usual ones about your skills, what you already know and expect to learn, your experiences, your past jobs.   Answer Question