Polo Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.4

Cash Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2014.

interviewed by hr an ops manager 2nd interview found company in a difficult place needing someone to sort out the mess low staff morale incompetent management need to focus on induction training exposed to all levels

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in December 2012.

Telephone interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the last thing you learned that could be useful in your position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bicester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bicester, England

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

A relatively informal phone interview with a member of the payroll/recruitment team. After this an interview where you may have a group interview or a lone interview. This is dependent on the amount of people Ralph Lauren is looking at hiring at that particular time.
    There is no major technique here, they are always hiring as people do not tend to remain long with the company. Most individuals use Ralph Lauren as a base and then move on to better paid retail opportunities in the area.

Interview Questions
    • One of the following:
      Why do you want to work for Ralph Lauren?
      What can you bring to the company?
      What can you tell me of the history of Ralph Lauren?
        View Answer
    There is no negotiation, it is a low paid job (barely above minimum wage) and there are always people who will take your place so they do not negotiate over pay, holiday etc.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2010.

The interview process was easy, coupled with basic interview questions. Just do your homework on the brand and check out their website to gain some history and background information, as they will ask some questions relevant to the brand.

They met my expectations

Public Relations Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2014.

I had a terrible experience. I was very excited to go to this job interview, because I was referred by someone I had previously worked with. I prepared for a long time and felt very confident going into the interview. When I arrived, they left me standing outside for 15 minutes.. They were late and very unprofessional. Multiple people kept walking in and asking me if I was there for an interview, which I thought was strange. Then, the two interviewers came in complaining about how cold it was in the room and pulled sweaters off of the racks in the room and wore them. The first interviewer sat on in the chair next to me curled in a ball, the second sat on the floor. I was shocked at how unprofessional it was. That was not the part that bothered me most. I was mostly disappointed that throughout the interview, they did not seem to pay attention to one word I said. They seemed 100% uninterested and I felt extremely disrespected. During one of my responses, one of them got up and grabbed a different sweater and the other girl was laughing. It was completely rude. Even if they had found someone and did not think I was a good candidate, I think they should have been much more respectful.

Revenue Flow Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Geneva (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in August 2014.

Application Online. Contacted the same day I submitted the application. Little talk with the HR on the day after, then Skype interview of 2.5 hours with Director, Manager and HR. Little Excel and Access exercises with the HR.
    They also did the background check calling all my previous employers.
    Contacted after a week for the offer.

Interview Questions
    • The usual: where do you see yourself in 5 year? What will you bring to the comany? Why RL?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2013.

Friend said position was open so I got in contact with HR. Scheduled the interview and went in. The interview lasted 45 minutes and I got offered the job at the end. Started working the following week.

Base salary and accepted

Designer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2012.

it was a freelance position that was to hire permanetly. I stayed there for 7 months and they hired me to full time position. I took the job and now working for a while now. Alot of drama

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in November 2013.

Put in an application online, got a call for an interview. The interview was standard, no out of the box or out of the ordinary questions. It was a group interview for the store that I had applied to which was alright with me as I had been in this type of interview before. After the interview, I waited over a month, I then got a phone call offering me the position. The End.

None

Shipping and Receiving Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in June 2014.

I originally applied for the Shipping and receiving supervisor position at RL for the new store they were opening in Aug on 5th Ave. I received a digital interview request after one week that without any detail information. I did it and thought that was the first step for screening. After 1 week I received an email from the HR Intern that they would hold a hiring event in their Soho store. I will have the opportunity to explore more info regarding the positions open. So I went to the event and got a chance to meet with their logistic manager and HR people. The conversations were pleasant and the logistic manager even asked details like what was my ending salary from last position, so I thought I was being interviewed the position I originally applied for. After that hiring event, I received another email from HR intern that they wanted to have a final interview with me. On the email, I asked what position they will offer to me, the Intern replied there were different positions from sales associate to supervisor, the manager will decide later. So I went to the final interview and I was told only 30% of positions are full time. They wanted to assign Sales associate or cashier PT position to me since I speak other languages! The manager even said I knew you applied for the supervisor position, but I didn't see your skill set fits the position. What do you mean my skill set doesn't fit the position? I have years logistic experience and you told me I can't be a supervisor? I was totally freaked out even tho I didn't say anything in front of those managers! The experience was horrible as I felt RL wasted my time! After talking to my friends who applied for jobs at RL, they said they had very similar experience as well. Until now, I didn't receive a word from RL regarding the hiring process maybe they have sensed I wouldn't take their PT position. However, I feel I deserve at least an email to notify the status no matter what. RL is the company for fresh grads who are seeking for a PT job in retail to make money. Otherwise, avoid them.

Interview Questions

Worked for Polo Ralph Lauren? Contribute to the Community!