Polo Ralph Lauren

Updated 22 Feb 2015
Updated 22 Feb 2015

2.4

Cash Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2014.

interviewed by hr an ops manager 2nd interview found company in a difficult place needing someone to sort out the mess low staff morale incompetent management need to focus on induction training exposed to all levels

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in December 2012.

Telephone interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the last thing you learned that could be useful in your position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bicester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bicester, England

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

A relatively informal phone interview with a member of the payroll/recruitment team. After this an interview where you may have a group interview or a lone interview. This is dependent on the amount of people Ralph Lauren is looking at hiring at that particular time.
    There is no major technique here, they are always hiring as people do not tend to remain long with the company. Most individuals use Ralph Lauren as a base and then move on to better paid retail opportunities in the area.

Interview Questions
    • One of the following:
      Why do you want to work for Ralph Lauren?
      What can you bring to the company?
      What can you tell me of the history of Ralph Lauren?

View Answer
    There is no negotiation, it is a low paid job (barely above minimum wage) and there are always people who will take your place so they do not negotiate over pay, holiday etc.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

very relaxed process, just wanting to get to know you and have a conversation around the reasoning for applying - very interested in the advancement of your career; very considerate about scheduling and flexibility, all in all a great experience

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Round one was through Skype with a HR representative. It felt more like a conversation than an interview. We went over my background and experiences and she asked few behavioral questions. It is also important to know the company well and speak about their brand. Round two was by phone with two managers.

Management Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email thanking me for my interest. The only thing she asked me was how much I am currently making and how much I am expecting. I thought it was kind of rude to ask that only, and so early in the recruitment process, especially since I had indicated my current salary on my online application.

I responded back answering her question, also expressing that I was very interested in having a conversation with her to discuss opportunities (and not just salary!). I never heard back from them.

I guess I was too expensive and they couldn't afford me given my experience, but I wish I could have given her reasons as to why I deserve it.

Interview Questions
    • How much are you currently making and how much are you expecting.   Answer Question

Corporate Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Very positive interview process. The interviewer was very friendly and professional. She made me feel very comfortable and the interview felt more like a conversation than an interview. It was fairly short and it seemed like there was a strict outline for the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the Ralph Lauren Brand
      Tell me about a time you worked with a team and what your role was.

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

First, the have you take a online test, it's pretty simple. Second, you have a set down with a hiring manager and they ask about your background, and your previous experience. It's incredibly simple process, the hiring manager at my store, was very nice and friendly, tried to make me feel at ease. Overall a very positive and simple process.

Assistant Manager Human Resources Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview process took over a month! After a telephone interview with the Regional Manager, I was told I will be contacted by the end of the next week....I waited for three weeks and am still waiting. Communication was horrible, I really had to do all of the contacting on my own. I learned from an inside source that the position was no longer available but never heard this from the hiring manager who kept me waiting. Mostly personality questions, some operational.

Assistant Designer Interview

Hr set up appt fir me to meet with design director. First met met with Hr to review my skills and portfolio to see if it made sense to meet with desgin director. I was able to meet eit DD and it was a very casual and stress free interview.