Polo Ralph Lauren Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2015
Updated 14 Apr 2015

2.4

Cash Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2014.

Interview

interviewed by hr an ops manager 2nd interview found company in a difficult place needing someone to sort out the mess low staff morale incompetent management need to focus on induction training exposed to all levels

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (London, England) in December 2012.

Interview

Telephone interview

Interview Questions

• What is the last thing you learned that could be useful in your position?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Bicester, England).

Interview

A relatively informal phone interview with a member of the payroll/recruitment team. After this an interview where you may have a group interview or a lone interview. This is dependent on the amount of people Ralph Lauren is looking at hiring at that particular time.
    There is no major technique here, they are always hiring as people do not tend to remain long with the company. Most individuals use Ralph Lauren as a base and then move on to better paid retail opportunities in the area.

Interview Questions

• One of the following:
      Why do you want to work for Ralph Lauren?
      What can you bring to the company?
      What can you tell me of the history of Ralph Lauren?

2 Answers

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, it is a low paid job (barely above minimum wage) and there are always people who will take your place so they do not negotiate over pay, holiday etc.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

3 interviews. Had to pass an online survey that is behavioral. wants assertive and ethical managers. Standard behavioral questions that can lead to casual business conversation.

the look is important and cannot stress enough that it's not enough to just wear a suit and tie. read GQ and Esquire to make sure alterations were done well

Interview Questions

• Why Ralph Lauren?
      Tell me about how you were proactive in driving your business at ________________
      What is your management style?
      What is a weakness of yours?
      How have you driven results at _____________?
      Tell me about client outreach and community partnerships at ______________

Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

It was the normal interview process. Received a call from a non qualified HR person, interviewed with the GM that was overwhelmed. Second interview with the DM that seemed to care and then was hired shortly afterwards.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Initial contact with HR was months after my resume had been submitted internally by a current employee. First interview was with HR, then a second interview with direct manager and a few team members. The final interview consisted of a project- analysis of 4 different stores. There was also an excel test, short, just formatting and quick analysis, a v-look up.

Interview Questions

• The usual- strengths, weaknesses, describe a situation you had to work with a difficult person and how you overcame it, describe your working habits as a individual and a team   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

Very casual interview. The General Manager was busy doing other duties, so the hiring "co-manager" interviewed my by herself in the store. It was very casual and I actually hit on questions that she hadn't even asked yet while answering the current one. Final interview was a 1 on 1 with the GM where she asked why I wanted to work there instead of their competitors and why I thought I'd be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work for us instead of Calvin Klein or Tommy Hilfiger? What differentiates us from those stores?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Interview

It was not too bad. They asked a few questions, and it was over. The atmosphere was pleasant. The interviewer was pretty decent. No question was too hard. This is the way an interview should be. Who thought it could be so smooth?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Interview

Directly to the store manager because I was referred by one of her manager. Very nice one. It went fast and they were in a hurry. Questions are pretty the same as the others. Why work here and strength etc.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren (Savannah, GA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview with 4 applicants and 3 company mangers. Very pleasant atmosphere and they made us all feel at ease and comfortable. They did not make us feel intimidated and always said "ok, good" after we answered their question. The complete interview took approximately a half hour. They did not keep us waiting, we started right on time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked as a team and how you overcame an obstacle with that team.   Answer Question