Polo Ralph Lauren

Updated 22 Jan 2015
Updated 22 Jan 2015

2.4

Cash Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in March 2014.

interviewed by hr an ops manager 2nd interview found company in a difficult place needing someone to sort out the mess low staff morale incompetent management need to focus on induction training exposed to all levels

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in December 2012.

Telephone interview

Interview Questions
    • What is the last thing you learned that could be useful in your position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bicester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bicester, England

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

A relatively informal phone interview with a member of the payroll/recruitment team. After this an interview where you may have a group interview or a lone interview. This is dependent on the amount of people Ralph Lauren is looking at hiring at that particular time.
    There is no major technique here, they are always hiring as people do not tend to remain long with the company. Most individuals use Ralph Lauren as a base and then move on to better paid retail opportunities in the area.

Interview Questions
    • One of the following:
      Why do you want to work for Ralph Lauren?
      What can you bring to the company?
      What can you tell me of the history of Ralph Lauren?

View Answer
    There is no negotiation, it is a low paid job (barely above minimum wage) and there are always people who will take your place so they do not negotiate over pay, holiday etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Apply instore, but if you know someone, its much easier. Wait to be called, and dress nice for the interview. Fill out the application with good penmenship, as they will critique you on it.

When can you start

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

At my store - there is a simple, basic paper application. The same kind of application that you see in any sort of retail job. No resume was necessary. I received a call the next day by the hiring manager that wanted to see me. He asked me about my retail experience (which was very minimal at the time) as well as what would qualify me to be an excellent sales associate. The next interview was with the store manager who asked me more of the personality, work ethic questions. At the end of the interview, the store manager gave me a piece of paper with a website and a survey code. It was one of the surveys that dealt with lying and personality.

Interview Questions
    • If you see a fellow associate stealing - what would you do? (I had very little retail experience before. But many retail companies tend to always ask this question. Be confident in your answers.)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

Two interviews, both brief and had the usual interview questions. "What are your strengths?, What are your weaknesses"? The questions are straight forward with the exception of the below. The setting is comfortable and the expectations are clear.

Interview Questions
    • What can you add that we don't already have?   View Answer

Management appeared to be chaotic

Sales Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

easy to go through they really want to make sure you will be there on time and do not call out. Work is not that hard but it pays for now

Interview Questions
    got a little bit more out of them

Sales Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

If you know someone that works there, they will hire you. It was that simple. They will ask you to come about two times and then tell you that you are hired. They like women who wear little to no makeup and do not permit colored nails or extreme hairstyles.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any megotiation. They told me how much the pay was and that was that.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren.

It went well, they asked basic questions nothing that surprised me. There was a group interview first and then 3 days later I got a call to come back for a private interview with the manager.i was offered the position about a week later. I am very pleased with them. They were all very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation at a past job and how hou handled it.   Answer Question
    It was my first job so what they offered me was fine, I was not looking for too much

Stock Associate/Sale Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Polo Ralph Lauren in November 2014.

quick process. It took the hiring manager to contact me about 3 days after completing application. It was also good to know someone that works there. I received a call to come in to do a 1 on 1 interview. Then I received a call that I got the job and to come in to do orientation. I started working in about a weeks time. 2 weeks max.

Interview Questions
    didnt negotiate. pay was accurate for work.