Princeton Consultants Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Princeton Consultants

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Princeton Consultants.

I submitted an online application & got a phone call from their human resources consultant later that day. He asked me a few questions including my strongest programming language, my level of skill in that language on a 1-10 scale, my expected salary, whether I was alright with wearing a suit to work everyday, whether I was alright with significant travel. He told me I seemed like a strong candidate for the job & asked me to take an online reasoning assessment. I took the assessment and scored well & he told me he would contact me soon regarding next steps. He didn't get back to me for about 10 days, so I emailed him & he told me that the firm had decided to undertake a hiring freeze, but that he would get back to me if/when the freeze was over. He was very friendly about it & offered to put me in contact with some other firms he consults for that might be good fits for my background.

Interview Questions
    • Know your expected salary so you can answer if you get an impromptu phone call.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Princeton Consultants.

Applied online. Was contacted by HR director. We discussed some details about the position. I had to take an online argument test which had me evaluate argument and follow logic. After I passed the test, I was scheduled for another phone conversation with would be my direct supervisor. After the phone conversation, I was then scheduled for an in person interview. To start the interview, I talked to the HR director. I then had to take, yet again, more logic tests. A timed logic, mathematical pattern recognition and a vocabulary test (really). After that, I met with staff and discussed the position with some technical coding questions that I needed to write on the white board for. I was taken to lunch which was very nice and needed because the interview was very long. At the end of the interview, I finished with HR director to talk about next steps. Suit and tie are required for the interview and the job.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Princeton Consultants in July 2013.

1. Send in CV
    2. Discuss position with recruiter
    3. Take online test
    4. Interview in person with group

The people are very pleasant. The experience was long and arduous, but the people were nice enough. It is good to have a knowledge of C++ as well as take logic tests.

Senior Associate Interview

Online questions, day-long interviews

Interview Questions
    • What was the best learning experience you had at your last job   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Princeton Consultants in October 2012.

Got a random call from the hiring manager. I had not even applied for any position. It was just a 5 min talk. He asked me questions whether I had JAVA experience. I had worked on JAVA during my coursework. Asked if I had done project outside my curriculum. I said no. Thats it. He said I dont think you are a good fit. I didnt expect him to say it to me on the face. That was quite rude of him.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing as such since we discussed pretty much nothing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Princeton Consultants in February 2012.

I applied through an email to the HR recruiter, whose contact info is listed on the company website. He called me the next day and we spoke about my background and the about the company for about 40 minutes. He explained that their recruiting process consists of an online aptitude test, a phone interview, and an on-site interview. I took the aptitude test that evening, sent a follow up email, and never heard from them again.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ (US)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Princeton Consultants in January 2012.

I have a background in statistics/ machine learning and I interviewed with this firm primarily because I was interested in consulting. This place unfortunately inhabits the backwaters of that industry. It's has really low pay, low growth options and second rate projects - they work mainly with railroad and transportation companies and operate on super low margins. Also, the people working here are uninteresting ... not the smart over-achievers you'd expect in consulting.

During the interview, the HR manager went so far as to tell me "you're the kind of guy we want to recruit - unfortunately in the past we've hired too many people we don't want". :-/

Interview Questions

Low pay. Unattractive work culture.

Senior Associate Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at Princeton Consultants in October 2011.

I did a reasoning test (I was not able to find good examples on web), then one phone interview (only questions about my experience, almost no technical questions), the whole day interview with many people about my work experience, what I expect, what they expect etc., one of these interviews was technical - pretty straightforward though.

Interview Questions
    • Find all anagrams of a given string. Give several approaches.   Answer Question
    I asked for a specific salary based on what I've read from glassdoor, and this was promptly accepted. I didn't negotiate because I liked that there are 40% of physicists in this company - I find it awesome since I am a physicist and like physics. They hire now since they have many projects!

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Princeton Consultants in September 2011.

I took a reasoning test and 3 days later I got a technical telephone interview which lasted about 70 mins. We went through my resume and research then he asked a few programming questions. The questions asked were very detailed so you better got prepared. Overall, the interview process was fast and the overall difficulty level wasn't high.

Associate Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Princeton Consultants in June 2011.

I got a phone screen call about a week after submitted my resume, and I took a reasoning test. A week later, I moved to the technical phone interview. The questions he asked was very detailed definitions of programming and math. Make sure you review the basics from the textbook for this round, cuz that's how I failed this round! Overall a fast process. The next round would be an onsite interview.